Sons' sorrow

Well done on your first win against a junior team in two years [emoji14] Hopefully next year we'll have some non trialists playing, but it was good experience playing against your first team [emoji6]

Hopefully we start with 11 footballers next time [emoji6]

Good luck this season guys, see you for our bi-annual defeat at Holm Park about this time next year.

4 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Well done on your first win against a junior team in two years :P Hopefully next year we'll have some non trialists playing, but it was good experience playing against your first team ;)

Thanks now gies yer tenner!!!:)

All the best for this season.

Dreadful game which only brightened up when Nade and Stewart came on. I wouldn't be signing any of the guys who started as trialists and Johnston has a real problem with going forwards it seems. I'd much rather Prior was given the chance this season than any of those guys, he looked composed when he came and gets around the pitch really well.

Surely this is finally the year Dumbarton are in the bottom two? Signing some real dross this summer. League One midcarders galore.

Last summer we signed Craig Pettigrew and Ryan Stevenson, so this year has been a marked improvement.

We just badly need some more strikers.

Surely this is finally the year Dumbarton are in the bottom two? Signing some real dross this summer. League One midcarders galore.

Of course your team is signing galacticos left right and centre ????

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'm not sure we have League 1 midcarders galore but it's a very real possibility. Although I don't think any of ghe other teams in the bottom half look particularly great. It'll depend who stays fit IMO.

We had worse last year.

I should add that Dougie Hill has signed as back up. Our first choice centre half pairing will be established Championship players in Barr and Dowie.

I'm happy enough with Hill as backup.

I'm pleased with both signings to be honest. McLaughlin looked decent in his trial games, and was rated by both Ross County and Forfar fans. Pedigree wise he's similar to Penrice, and more experienced than Harvie was when we brought him in. Sure he's young and he'll make mistakes just like Harvie did, but with the security of a permanent deal behind him, and with Stevie and Durrant both showing confidence in him he should be able to flourish. The fact he takes a good corner can only help to endear him too!

Hill was one I genuinely didn't want us to touch when he was rumoured on here a few months ago. I considered him pretty much done at this level, and certainly wasn't a fan of his past. Whilst the latter is still a bit of an issue, the former doesn't concern me in the slightest having seen him play. As Cameron said he's the youngest looking 32 year old I think I've ever seen, and he's looked solid enough in the games he's played. Sure he won't be as stylish on the ball as Mango, or probably as intelligent as Dowie, but he'll do a job for us I reckon, just like Alan Lithgow did. When he came on today he looked pretty solid, put himself about a bit and annoyed some Bankies fans. That's the sort of thing I can fully get behind.

If you're looking for a positive spin to put on it, you don't have to look too hard either. We've just taken a player who was a highly rated ever present at the team who, you'd imagine, will be our biggest rivals this season.

Since Dowie signed I've been in a totally relaxed state about our signings, which is very odd. I've got a trust in Stevie at the moment, and the recruitment so far has felt an awful lot more structured than it was last year. 

Aside from them, I'd love to know the name of #5 today so I could discover more about him, and how he managed to make it this far :lol: