Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Rangeman said:

I heard hearts weren’t happy with game time given to ally Roy  so if he leaves we’ve no one to blame bar ourselves  as he looks dangerous every time he’s on the ball  and he scores goals so what’s going wrong

Funny that....I was saying only last week to someone that on the evidence of what I've seen it surprises me that Ally Roy is on a Premier club's books.  For every decent touch there's ten poor ones, with a tendency to try and beat the extra man far too often.  As for the goals, yes, he has produced some nice finishes but he's never convinced me that he is a striker in the meaning of the word.  Tell your contact to tell Hearts he's been a bit too peripheral in a Sons jersey. 

Funny that....I was saying only last week to someone that on the evidence of what I've seen it surprises me that Ally Roy is on a Premier club's books.  For every decent touch there's ten poor ones, with a tendency to try and beat the extra man far too often.  As for the goals, yes, he has produced some nice finishes but he's never convinced me that he is a striker in the meaning of the word.  Tell your contact to tell Hearts he's been a bit too peripheral in a Sons jersey. 
I agree. I like Ally Roy, he's a hard worker and a nice finisher, but ultimately I'm not convinced he's a Championship player. Defensively his positioning can be awful (see Livi's second on Saturday), he's not great in the air, is bumped off the ball fairly easily and (as you rightly say) his touch can be really hit or miss.

I'd be a wee bit sad to see him go, but ultimately I'd trust Stevie to find an ample replacement.

On 28/12/2017 at 11:24, Bogheadboy said:

Wrong thread I know but game v TNS showing as 3pm KO Saturday 17th Feb  on SPFL website.

No issues with the ko time for me. Allows for a reasonable set off time on the Saturday, a night out and a leisurely journey home on the Sunday. Far better than a Sunday ko which was the only realistic alternative.

Sutton turning us down is a blow, but I'm pleased to see two things: Firstly that Stevie knows exactly what we need, and targeted a guy who would've been excellent, and secondly that we obviously have the funds available to consider bringing him in. That bodes well.

Emilios looked classy on his highlights video, but realistically a centre-mid isn't what urgently need. 

Hopefully we get a couple of new faces in, punt a couple of guys and that gives us the wee boost we need. Stevie did things very early last year with Nade/Carsy/Vaughan and Lang all coming in within about the first week, so I'm hopeful he'll have a few things lined up again.

Mon the hashtag wonderful Wednesdays

EDIT

Announce Harvie plz

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

If Sutton's attitude at his age is to sit on the bench and collect a wage rather than get regular game time then you've certainly dodged a bullet. I wouldn't want anyone at my club who's main objective isn't - to be playing regularly.

A massive contrast between him and Dobbie; who celebrates every goal like it's his first ever.

2 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Sutton turning us down is a blow, but I'm pleased to see two things: Firstly that Stevie knows exactly what we need, and targeted a guy who would've been excellent, and secondly that we obviously have the funds available to consider bringing him in. That bodes well.

Emilios looked classy on his highlights video, but realistically a centre-mid isn't what urgently need. 

Hopefully we get a couple of new faces in, punt a couple of guys and that gives us the wee boost we need. Stevie did things very early last year with Nade/Carsy/Vaughan and Lang all coming in within about the first week, so I'm hopeful he'll have a few things lined up again.

16 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

7d88f8deee8af11f3fde0cb84f3e8a80.jpg