Sons' sorrow

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Unless we sign a replacement for him, I doubt we'd let him go.

I could be wrong though.

Unless Jack Ross needs rid of him to sign a replacement (not likely with the Morgan money I wouldn't have thought, but who knows). The deal seemed to be pretty close, until Sutton said he wanted to stay in Paisley.

This is turning into a 'transfer saga' which, I guess, makes us officially a big team.

40 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Hadn't realised Hutton's deal was up this month. He's probably done enough to deserve an extension to be fair to him.eb2100c3949d7bb5f3a408c1d02a8353.jpg

To be perfectly honest, it slightly concerns me that he isn't already tied up. He has been a pretty integral piece in what we done this season. If he weren't to stay I'd be worried about trying to replace him.

6 minutes ago, squeezeboxson said:

To be perfectly honest, it slightly concerns me that he isn't already tied up. He has been a pretty integral piece in what we done this season. If he weren't to stay I'd be worried about trying to replace him.

I think he's probably still viewed by most other clubs as damaged goods, despite his Steven Gerrard impressions since the start of November. Unless someone like TNS come in for him I reckon he'll stick around. He's clearly enjoying himself under a management team who believe in him, and is rebuilding his reputation.

I could be wrong though.

A deal was agreed with St Mirren until Sutton declined the offer so Ross must be happy to let him go. Would Mullen not be considered his replacement?

I'm still not hugely keen on us signing a guy who has turned us down. I'm also not convinced it will actually happen but stranger things have happened.

19 hours ago, optimistic said:

I know it’s been said, that John Sutton had knocked us back, but I’m hearing, that he’s apparently signing for us tomorrow. Don’t know if it’s old news doing the rounds again or not, please don’t shoot the messenger

I've been thinking far too much about this today. So I've managed to devise a theory that would see Sutton at the Rock. It's totally hypothetical, and the work of someone who should be doing what he's paid for.

Lewis Morgan was having his medical ahead of his move to Celtic this morning. That should be finalised today, and St Mirren will know how much they're getting for him (£300k seems to have been banded about a bit, so lets go for something like that). Sutton has said to Jack Ross that he won't tear up his contract unless St Mirren are willing to pay him X weeks wages, something they were unwilling to do at the time (totally hypothetical). With the Morgan money now safely tucked in the bank a wee chunk of that can be fired Sutton's way to get him off the books, leaving him free to sign for us this evening.

He gets the payoff he was looking for. We get the striker we were looking for. Jack Ross has another space in the squad, plus a decent chunk of Morgan money and has got rid of a guy he didn't fancy. Win. Win. Win.

Now I've got that theory out there I can get back to proper work :lol:

30 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I've been thinking far too much about this today. So I've managed to devise a theory that would see Sutton at the Rock. It's totally hypothetical, and the work of someone who should be doing what he's paid for.

Lewis Morgan was having his medical ahead of his move to Celtic this morning. That should be finalised today, and St Mirren will know how much they're getting for him (£300k seems to have been banded about a bit, so lets go for something like that). Sutton has said to Jack Ross that he won't tear up his contract unless St Mirren are willing to pay him X weeks wages, something they were unwilling to do at the time (totally hypothetical). With the Morgan money now safely tucked in the bank a wee chunk of that can be fired Sutton's way to get him off the books, leaving him free to sign for us this evening.

He gets the payoff he was looking for. We get the striker we were looking for. Jack Ross has another space in the squad, plus a decent chunk of Morgan money and has got rid of a guy he didn't fancy. Win. Win. Win.

Now I've got that theory out there I can get back to proper work :lol:

You should be writing James Bond plots or something  #skillz

19 hours ago, FTOF said:

I could be wrong though.

Jack has been wanting rid of Sutton for a year. Looks like it finally has happened. And we have another big striker lined up that is young and fast.

7 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

You should be writing James Bond plots or something  #skillz

I like the idea of a Cypriot James Bond. Or Τζέιμς Μποντ to be precise.

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Jack has been wanting rid of Sutton for a year. Looks like it finally has happened. And we have another big striker lined up that is young and fast.

Does it?

51 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Is Callum Gallagher making a return in Raith Rovers/Lewis Vaughan/Ryan Stevenson style?

Speaking of which, how many times has Stevo retired since August? :lol:

Edited by squeezeboxson

TRUST Q&A BEFORE THE DUNFERMLINE GAME -- come and talk about the stadium relocation. Starting around 1.50pm in the Community Suite... with the usual bar service  running throughout!  More here: https://sonstrust.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/trust-qa-before-dunfermline-game/

Also, please join or renew membership of the trust, to make our collective voice even stronger!

Really don't want Sutton tbh. Sounds like he doesn't want to come and thinks he is too good for us. If SO8 theory is correct he would only sign because he got paid off and our wages are better than no wages.
I'd rather we went for someone with something to prove, Ryan Hardie etc.
On another note, is Jordan Kirkpatrick getting a game for st mirren? Wouldn't mind him coming in on loan.

3 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Really don't want Sutton tbh. Sounds like he doesn't want to come and thinks he is too good for us. If SO8 theory is correct he would only sign because he got paid off and our wages are better than no wages.
I'd rather we went for someone with something to prove, Ryan Hardie etc.
On another note, is Jordan Kirkpatrick getting a game for st mirren? Wouldn't mind him coming in on loan.

Kirkpatrick has not featured much and unfortunately not impressed much with the chances he has had. Seems to be trying to hard and looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights. Pity as his pedigree seemed half decent and Jack had already worked with him but is hasn't worked out so far. Rumour is he may go on loan somewhere.

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Adam Thomas confirming on Twitter the rumours of the Sutton deal being back on are indeed false.

Believe me thats a good thing.Hopeless lump of wood.He is 6 feet tall and 5 foot 5 when he jumps.Is truly passed it and yes he LOOKS DOWN on clubs such as ours.Waste of space IMHO.

26 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Believe me thats a good thing.Hopeless lump of wood.He is 6 feet tall and 5 foot 5 when he jumps.Is truly passed it and yes he LOOKS DOWN on clubs such as ours.Waste of space IMHO.

I wish I had that confidence! Sutton is proven scorer at this level who'd suit our style of play. Of course there's no point bringing him in if he doesn't want to be here, but I'd still be pleased if we could get something sorted.

Our striking options at the moment are an injured Christian Nade, Mark Stewart (who, as good as he is, has already missed seven games with injury) or Calum Gallagher - who isn't really a natural striker. If we don't improve that drastically over the next month then it's not going to be a pretty end to the season.

Looking around there aren't too many players jumping out at me either. Ryan Hardie would be good. Lee Miller (if Falkirk do let him go) would probably do a job. Them aside you'd likely be looking at a loan player, and for every Chris Kane or Jon McShane there are a dozen Greg Morrisons and Gary Smiths (aye, I do remember him!).

2 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I wish I had that confidence! Sutton is proven scorer at this level who'd suit our style of play. Of course there's no point bringing him in if he doesn't want to be here, but I'd still be pleased if we could get something sorted.

Our striking options at the moment are an injured Christian Nade, Mark Stewart (who, as good as he is, has already missed seven games with injury) or Calum Gallagher - who isn't really a natural striker. If we don't improve that drastically over the next month then it's not going to be a pretty end to the season.

Looking around there aren't too many players jumping out at me either. Ryan Hardie would be good. Lee Miller (if Falkirk do let him go) would probably do a job. Them aside you'd likely be looking at a loan player, and for every Chris Kane or Jon McShane there are a dozen Greg Morrisons and Gary Smiths (aye, I do remember him!).

You will never really know for sure until it happens.Each to his own opinion.I do TRUST Stevie to bring in someone decent as he tends to have a good eye for the sort of player we need.As you say Ryan or Lee would be good but who knows there may be someone else out there that Stevie is tracking. 

I’d still have him, actually says a lot for the guy, wanting to stay and fight for his place with a manager who’s trying to offload him, rather than settle for lower championships mediocrity. Bags of experience. If we were to get him, which looks increasingly unlikely, I’d welcome him with open arms. He’ll have a lot to prove to jack ross. Would we have the “Colin nish “ patter back? 5ft 5, “jumps lower than he is tall?, looking like it, I was his fan,

12 minutes ago, optimistic said:

I’d still have him, actually says a lot for the guy, wanting to stay and fight for his place with a manager who’s trying to offload him, rather than settle for lower championships mediocrity. Bags of experience. If we were to get him, which looks increasingly unlikely, I’d welcome him with open arms. He’ll have a lot to prove to jack ross. Would we have the “Colin nish “ patter back? 5ft 5, “jumps lower than he is tall?, looking like it, I was his fan,

Colin Nish patter or not its a fact.My opinion we are better without him.