Sons' sorrow

I remember Paul Hartley resigning from Alloa after a 5-1 defeat from Dumbarton. He might be keen to get back into the game at the level where he has a track record. Or might we just find ourselves in a new jam? ( probably only OKI will get this)

That's a big no-no from me. We're not that desperate yet. Aye, I know.

Oh I get it Wilf, but let's concentrate on the Branston we currently find ourselves in, as thing seem to be taking a bizarre turn.  I'm not on Facebook, but bad enough that some malcontent might consider impersonating another person, ie our Manager, on there, the possibility of SA himself trading cyber blows with supporters simply beggars belief.
As for SA's position, I genuinely now think that it may be best for all concerned if someone was able to sit him down and gently (or more firmly) suggest that perhaps it would be best if he departed with his dignity reasonably intact, rather than risk things getting really messy as I fear they quite quickly could.  At the moment Stevie is looking like a game but beaten boxer who needs a Harry Gibbs to guide him back to his corner.
I'm sure the DFC Board will be well aware of the situation, and we are now comfortably past the stage of targets, and how  many points from this or that game.  And some of our playing staff should hang their heads in fucking shame.

I don't disagree with what you're saying but surely the chance to 'sit down with aitken' and have such a discussion was last night?

It's clearly not been done, and now we've backed him with another signing. It's clear where the board's head's are at and it's not a good place.

Ian Murray back? Would you have him?

Absolutely. In a heartbeat.

Couldn't agree more, we would have a full team and bench if someone else took over. I'd also be confident that someone else would play a way that would get our strikers scoring.

On that note who would we get? Is that maybe the reason the board are holding off? We all want Duffy bit would he come? Who else is out of a job that would take it?

We all want Duffy? Don't think so. Not averse to Stevie going but Duffy wouldn't be my choice

3 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Duffy would be the most steady pair of hands. He'd get the team organised and playing for him. It might not be pretty, but it would be effective imo.

Who else would the guys who are fed up with Stevie like to see brought in?

That would be an easy question to answer if we had a list of who is available AND would be interested.

Edited by Old Scrotum

2 minutes ago, TheChase said:
12 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:
His record as a manager

Aye you are right, taking Dundee to two Scottish Cup Finals, winning League One with Morton and then taking Morton to the Championship Playoff's is poor. We should aim higher.

It's easy to cherrypick. His first cup final (league cup not Scottish Cup ) was 23 years ago. His second was 15 years ago. Winning league one was expected for Morton given they were a full time team in a lower league. He has been a manager for 25 years and that title with Morton is his only success. We can do better.

It's easy to cherrypick. His first cup final (league cup not Scottish Cup ) was 23 years ago. His second was 15 years ago. Winning league one was expected for Morton given they were a full time team in a lower league. He has been a manager for 25 years and that title with Morton is his only success. We can do better.
As an example, who?

Would Dumbarton FC be Jim Duffy's choice?
I don't see why not unless something better is offered to him. We could do far worse than sound him out. I think we're a fairly attractive option for an out of work manager like Duffy, who by all accounts is looking to get back into the game.

If Duffy says no we move onto the next candidate, of which I'm sure there will be plenty. I'd welcome Duffy or a left field appointment tbh, IMO they'd be hard pushed to have this squad of players playing worse than they currently are.

Of the known available options I'd be happy with Duffy or Robson but I've no doubt there would be plenty of others who apply/are keen on it who haven't even been mentioned or thought of so far.

I see Maurice Ross, who's currently manager of the Faroese champions, has been linked with the Queens Park job today. I'm not saying we should appoint him specifically but he's a good example of a guy who's name hasn't been mentioned who could be considered a potential candidate.

6 minutes ago, TheChase said:

An attractive prospect; offers the chance to bring the team back into the Championship and steady our position again. Good move for both parties.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I don't see why not unless something better is offered to him. We could do far worse than sound him out. I think we're a fairly attractive option for an out of work manager like Duffy, who by all accounts is looking to get back into the game.

If Duffy says no we move onto the next candidate, of which I'm sure there will be plenty. I'd welcome Duffy or a left field appointment tbh, IMO they'd be hard pushed to have this squad of players playing worse than they currently are.

Of the known available options I'd be happy with Duffy or Robson but I've no doubt there would be plenty of others who apply/are keen on it who haven't even been mentioned or thought of so far.

I see Maurice Ross, who's currently manager of the Faroese champions, has been linked with the Queens Park job today. I'm not saying we should appoint him specifically but he's a good example of a guy who's name hasn't been mentioned who could be considered a potential candidate.

Duffy will be paid well enough that he doesn't need to jump at any chance to get back into the game, he'll be able to choose from what's offered to him and I'm not convinced we are that attractive right now, anyone coming in needs to improve results immediately AND get us into the top 4 come the end of the season (and make any changes to the squad with the working capital of £0). I agree that sounding him out brings no harm, but everyone just seems convinced it's a case of offering it to Duffy and the rest is history.

Having said that, I tend to agree with your other points BBPF that there will be unknowns that apply for this that might well be a good fit and I don't think it's a reason for keeping the status quo.