Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He posts on Instagram quite a lot and is a fan of a hashtag.

Moving on from the social media minterness of our merry band of freakshow, nutcase supporters, I really fear we wont take action and this unacceptable form will continue. I think it's great that Steele wants to sit on the bus with fans or come into the bar and give updates but ultimately I'd rather have a chairman who makes the ruthless decisions necessary to improve us on the pitch.

How long do the board keep telling us "but he has loads of injuries, he deserves another 4 weeks!". Yesterday it was obvious to even the most loyal Aitken arse licker that our players had absolutely zero clue what they were supposed to be doing. Injuries or not, I expect Aitken to put a competitive team on the pitch who actually know what they are supposed to be doing.

He simply has to go, yesterday was the final nail in his coffin. It's time for the board to grow a set of balls and bag him. The John Steele statements and speeches about injuries will wear very thin very fast if they continue. The board are not only risking us becoming embroiled in a relegation battle, they are risking all the goodwill they have built up with supporters being completely ruined. It's not a knee jerk decision John, it's one that has been coming for a long, long time and everyone knows it.

Ah, fair enough.

I think it’ll come if he loses the next two games. I always maintained he wouldn’t be in charge by the time we hosted East Fife.

To be fair to the photographer, he does make a good point that we’re only two points off the promotion play-offs. Means there’s plenty of time to fix things if we promptly give Aitken the boot. Otherwise, we’ll continue on a downward tajectory and the only aim will be to avoid the other play-offs.

I would doubt it is SA on Facebook. Probably the same sad act who set up the John Steele profile. I'd be amazed if the club would allow such a thing.
It will be him.

Was the John Steele profile not just a guy who happens to be called John Steele? I don't think it was anyone pretending to be the chairman.

Here's the thing, why did we start with only eight fit players? If Hutton/Perry weren't fit start Thomson in their role and put one of the fit strikers we have on the bench up top instead of Thommo.
Because that would be the sensible thing to do, not the Stevie Aitken thing to do. He has a personal grudge against Gallagher (despite him being our best striker) because he missed a penalty against Forfar.

There's not a chance in hell we have 12 players injured, it's just more excuses and the board seem willing to accept them.

The cyncic in me actually thinks that injury list would dramatically reduce were a new man to take over.

Just now, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Because that would be the sensible thing to do, not the Stevie Aitken thing to do. He has a personal grudge against Gallagher (despite him being our best striker) because he missed a penalty against Forfar.

There's not a chance in hell we have 12 players injured, it's just more excuses and the board seem willing to accept them.

The cyncic in me actually thinks that injury list would dramatically reduce were a new man to take over.

We could've lined up with something like this:

McGowan

Thomson Dowie Allardice Dyer

Spencer

Russell Forbes B.Barr

Gallagher Aitchison

Spencer has the legs to cover for Forbes and it doesn't involve us playing any injured players (unless Gallagher is injured, in which case just stick Loy there). Would it have made any difference? Probably not, but it was possible for us to field a team relatively free of injury. 

4 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Careful now , I got red dotted for expressing an opinion from the same ballpark earlier in the week.

Deviation from Aitken's Army diktat will not be tolerated!

Careful now , I got red dotted for expressing an opinion from the same ballpark earlier in the week.
Deviation from Aitken's Army diktat will not be tolerated!
I was recently in discussions with someone who spent many years in the professional game. Their words to me were "a long injury list during a poor run tells you everything you need to know".

Couldn't agree more, we would have a full team and bench if someone else took over. I'd also be confident that someone else would play a way that would get our strikers scoring.

On that note who would we get? Is that maybe the reason the board are holding off? We all want Duffy bit would he come? Who else is out of a job that would take it?

Couldn't agree more, we would have a full team and bench if someone else took over. I'd also be confident that someone else would play a way that would get our strikers scoring.

On that note who would we get? Is that maybe the reason the board are holding off? We all want Duffy bit would he come? Who else is out of a job that would take it?
Barry Robson applied for the Raith job and there's something about him that appeals to me. A pro who played at the very top level for a long time tends to command instant respect.

Someone like him might work or they might not. One things for sure though, we're far better giving it a shot than sticking with what we've got.

Barry Robson applied for the Raith job and there's something about him that appeals to me. A pro who played at the very top level for a long time tends to command instant respect.

Someone like him might work or they might not. One things for sure though, we're far better giving it a shot than sticking with what we've got.
Could be a shout. Iv never really liked him as a player but that's a personal thing and for nothing specific lol the young ex pros 1st job worked for us before so why not again. I'd much rather that than a old has been on the managerial merrygoround

35 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Please tell me it’s been confirmed that Aitken is replying to fans on Facebook and using hashtags.

Yep.  Riddy

12 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Do you have a youth system of any description?

We did until recently - https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=3042

22 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

Stevie in the Sunday Mail: "It's hard to be critical with the injuries we have."

P&B would suggest otherwise...

What a fucking joke.  I'm seething.  Surely the board cannot accept that.

Thanks. Days like yesterday show the immediate impact of decisions like that. No option but to play the walking wounded.
Unfortunately due to Project Brave and the complete funding cuts, running a youth system would cripple us financially.

The head of youth at the time was very vocal about it in the press.