Sons' sorrow

Just now, Howlin' Wilf said:

I remember Paul Hartley resigning from Alloa after a 5-1 defeat from Dumbarton. He might be keen to get back into the game at the level where he has a track record. Or might we just find ourselves in a new jam? ( probably only OKI will get this)

Hartley would be a seriously bad idea imo. He left Falkirk in a terrible state, and seemed to fall out with almost everyone at Dundee - most notably a certain R.Loy.

I also think he'd see himself as above us.

2 minutes ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

I remember Paul Hartley resigning from Alloa after a 5-1 defeat from Dumbarton. He might be keen to get back into the game at the level where he has a track record. Or might we just find ourselves in a new jam? ( probably only OKI will get this)

Oh I get it Wilf, but let's concentrate on the Branston we currently find ourselves in, as thing seem to be taking a bizarre turn.  I'm not on Facebook, but bad enough that some malcontent might consider impersonating another person, ie our Manager, on there, the possibility of SA himself trading cyber blows with supporters simply beggars belief.

As for SA's position, I genuinely now think that it may be best for all concerned if someone was able to sit him down and gently (or more firmly) suggest that perhaps it would be best if he departed with his dignity reasonably intact, rather than risk things getting really messy as I fear they quite quickly could.  At the moment Stevie is looking like a game but beaten boxer who needs a Harry Gibbs to guide him back to his corner.

I'm sure the DFC Board will be well aware of the situation, and we are now comfortably past the stage of targets, and how  many points from this or that game.  And some of our playing staff should hang their heads in fucking shame.

11 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Think he's applied for near enough every job going in Scotland recently so it wouldn't be out with the realms of possibility.
I'd be happy to have him at Airdrie instead of the other incompetent Stevie.

With the right man beside him he'd do an excellent job imo. He's a very professional serious type guy, but needs someone alongside him who'll challenge his ideas, but also be a bit more of a good cop type with the players.

Jack Ross and him were the perfect duo in that respect.

1 hour ago, Howlin' Wilf said:

Hartley, jam, it's not that difficult.