Sons' sorrow

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Ftfy

:lol: Excellent post.

I've always thought Neill was a decent enough player. Hardly box office, but he's young and, if he can play more than three games in a row, should be an upgrade on Ross Perry.

Good looking too. Which helps with the loss of Mango a wee bit.

Since the signing of Jim Lister I've learned not to judge a player too much before seeing them play competitively for Sons.  As has been said, last season many of us were buzzing at the signings and it ended up being an absolutely rotten start.  McCluskey & Neill perhaps aren't marquee signings but I'm glad we're getting players in and hopefully Jim can get them playing well. 

Hopefully we see a few returning faces next.

I've seen Stefan a few times this season when I've gone to Newlandsfield with a Lok supporting mate. He's had a good season. He's been a game changer any time I've watched him this year. Clearly at a lower level than league one but he impressed. He'll give us an option wide and can cut inside to offer a goal threat. 

He's an upgrade on Paton. 

Bit off topic here folks but...

Ive just seen a post for falkirks season tickets.. £320 !!!
Thats them down 10% from last season, anyone else think that absolute shocking even for a championship side.
Makes ours look good value for money especially with the new payment plan.

4 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

:lol: Excellent post.

I've always thought Neill was a decent enough player. Hardly box office, but he's young and, if he can play more than three games in a row, should be an upgrade on Ross Perry.

Good looking too. Which helps with the loss of Mango a wee bit.

Think  he had a few injuries this season that kept him out for a bit of the season. Seem to recall Stenny possibly having an upturn in form when he was back in the team.

If you're bored would be interesting to see Stenny win ratio with him in the team compared to when he wasn't. :)

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

I’ve never seen as hard working a player as McCluskey at Morton. He was alright for us but got ahead of himself when he left. Knocked back a contract offer thinking he could do better and ended up in the juniors. 

12 hours ago, Scosha said:

I’ve never seen as hard working a player as McCluskey at Morton. He was alright for us but got ahead of himself when he left. Knocked back a contract offer thinking he could do better and ended up in the juniors. 

An Airdrie legend too

21 hours ago, Jordo1872 said:

Doors @7pm; comedy starts @8pm

I very much enjoyed the comedy show last night. £10 was great value for 3 stand-ups and a host ( the headliner was especially good). I normally have to go to Glasgow for comedy, so it was a welcome event for the town.  Well done to the organisers and roll on late July for the next one.

They may not be the relatively "big" names we're used to, but JD will build a solid side. Guys like Steven Craig and Mark Wilson were huge let downs compared to Jimmy Lister types. I trust the signings and I'll tell ye something, after a couple of years exiled from games, that season ticket ticket offer of monthly payments is really tempting particularly with the addition of the under 12s go free. 

Edited by the snudge

Lost Bobby Barr to...... EAST STIRLING [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] wtf
Barr is no great loss IMHO. He had a solid end to the season but I'm glad we offered him a peanuts wage, I feel we can do better. Up until February Barr was absolutely awful and I was fully wanting him punted in January.

Carswell and Calum Gallagher should be priority signings. Hutton and Barr are welcome to leave.