Sons' sorrow

Decent preseason games in my opinion..will give us a good test and  we can see where we are in terms of quality.Better than playing Wycombe Wanderers or Oxford UTD or the like.Glad Hutts is signed up and hoping Carswell will to.I would expect 6 or 7 signings between then and now and a shitload of trialists.A lot of our squad will be defined in August with Premier League loanees.

Its  the best we can get with our budget.However as always im  quietly optimistic for this season.I trust JD to deliver the best squad available/possible.

Had a wee look  for roughly our colours and this is as good as I could get. Meh. Could be worse if it's going to be an off the shelf job, still be gutted to lose the white mind you :bairn
101284109.png&key=47d69ac53b54b2a0867856b831e0fe338312cf8ace7d3a112947e2e921a348f8
That's definitely not the worst, we could end up with a plain red training top with a badge on it.

Three games against teams in higher divisions. What were you expecting?
Teams in higher divisions don't automatically make them some sort of attractive fixture for a supporter, particularly considering we've played two of them numerous times over the last few years.

As I alluded to, in terms of a work out it's good fixtures, in terms of a day out, after a summer of no fitba, they are as dull as dishwater.

49 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Teams in higher divisions don't automatically make them some sort of attractive fixture for a supporter, particularly considering we've played two of them numerous times over the last few years.

As I alluded to, in terms of a work out it's good fixtures, in terms of a day out, after a summer of no fitba, they are as dull as dishwater.

So what would you regard as an attractive friendly?

So what would you regard as an attractive friendly?
Jesus, it was just a minor comment, nae need to make such a tedious fuss over it.

Since you are so interested, I'd consider an attractive friendly to be a decent away day, preferably to a new ground or somewhere we haven't visited in a while. Civil Service Strollers away was one of the best in recent years. In terms of a home fixture there aren't all that many other than perhaps a team from another country doing a Scottish tour or the likes. Middlesbrough at home a few years ago springs to mind.

As I've mentioned twice already, I'd rather the team were being tested against strong opposition. Having a good day out at a pre season friendly is secondary to the team being better prepared.

Pffft. As if I have time to sort that kind of thing.
Spoiler

The red one in a kind of gold colour could be very 90s...I'm not sure how into it I'd be, but (in my head) it looks a bit like this.
110893-league-cup-2nd-round-rangers-v-dumbarton-1-0-ibrox-glasgow-BJHBRA.jpg&key=4311ad4fdb7dbd90cf3c6427d45599593e62c53cab778bdb734a70082d57ffa1

I loved that strip too. I wore it every Saturday for about 15 years until it was falling apart. I've still got it but it's unwearable now.

9 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Had a wee look  for roughly our colours and this is as good as I could get. Meh. Could be worse if it's going to be an off the shelf job, still be gutted to lose the white mind you :bairn

101284109.png

That's a cracker for an off the shelf effort! We've done not too badly with the white. 

For away kits, I loved the dark blue one with gold sponser from about 12 years ago. 

When looking for the aforementioned blue kit, the last time I think we wore it was the times of Chris Hamilton and the like. 

I thought, "where is he now?" 

I quick Google search shows that he is currently the gaffer of Barnsley Ladies fitba team!