Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Polie goalie? 

According to some sources, his real name is Maciej Kevin Dabrowski. If true (.?) , perhaps we could call him by his real name, Maciej, which I am informed sounds like Magic. Even if not true, I still like the sound of Magic Dabrowski. Perhaps one for our resident journalist?

Your forgetting David Hutton is in this league....

It’s hilarious that Airdrie fans actually think Hutton isn’t utter shite.

It’s incredibly worrying though that one of them would try and suggest he’s the best goalkeeper in that league.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s hilarious that Airdrie fans actually think Hutton isn’t utter shite.

It’s incredibly worrying though that one of them would try and suggest he’s the best goalkeeper in that league.

Hutton's been a good keeper for us to be fair. He was really good in his first season, he did make a few errors but he undoubtedly saved us much more than he cost us. He didn't quite hit the same levels last season and the management team seemed particularly annoyed at his lack of presence at times with not coming off his line to collect corners/crosses. 

Saying that, I don't think he's even the best keeper at the club never mind the league. 

On paper at least I'm very, very pleased with that. A new goalkeeper always gets me excited, but a new foreign goalkeeper just tips me into a new world of excitement. Add in the fact he's on loan from Hibs and it's dream come true stuff default_wub.png

This was on his Twitter. If he performs like that for us then we've knocked it off. 

I want my keepers to be absolute Monk-esque lunatics.

That short clip had him diving at feet and heading the ball away from the boot of an incoming centre forward. Just missing a square go with his own centre-half but he’s already ticking all my boxes.

Do we sell replica goalie kits in the club shop?

1 minute ago, Jumbo Muir said:

From the OS statement, can anyone explain to me as a punter who paid a £10 deposit for a season ticket if I owe £185 or £175 ? Not clear. Nobody at stadium to answer my query.

I'm not sure. I never even thought about it.

I sent the full £250 plus my £10 Deposit

5 minutes ago, Jumbo Muir said:

From the OS statement, can anyone explain to me as a punter who paid a £10 deposit for a season ticket if I owe £185 or £175 ? Not clear. Nobody at stadium to answer my query.

Common sense would suggest you owe £175 to me. It's surely more hassle for the club to hand back £10 to those following up their pledge. I imagine those who pledged and don't take up the season ticket may lose their deposit though.

Good to see Under 12s are free again, I wasn't sure we'd offer that given the circumstances.

1 minute ago, Thommo90 said:

Can confirm that if you paid the £10 before, you only pay £175 or £240 whichever you choose

42 minutes ago, super-son said:

I'm not sure. I never even thought about it.

I sent the full £250 plus my £10 Deposit

Awfy nice of you to leave £10 behind the bar for us, super-son :P

1 hour ago, super-son said:

I have a funny feeling we won't see any other Strikers come in.

I think we will end up with a versatile defensive player, another Central Midfielder and a Winger.

I reckon it will be a much smaller squad this year

I hope not as that was our weakness last season.We have Jones who is unproven at this level,Johnstone who is severely injury prone/and or finished accordiing to Falkirk fans and possibly Crossan who some might argue is not an out and out striker.Another option , like a premier striker on loan would be essential IMO.

I notice Tony Dingwall is free...would he come down to our level and would he be any good if he did?Also Tony Andreu,...but that is really wishful thinking...

On 08/09/2020 at 19:18, Rising Sons said:

According to some sources, his real name is Maciej Kevin Dabrowski. If true (.?) , perhaps we could call him by his real name, Maciej, which I am informed sounds like Magic. Even if not true, I still like the sound of Magic Dabrowski. Perhaps one for our resident journalist?

I reckon we should go with The Dude/The Big Dabrowski