Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, lionel wickson said:

Have you ordered from them? I'm always a bit wary of a buying a top that's only shown as a computer graphic, no idea of the quality of it. Would love a long sleeved effort though.

3 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

If I saw someone wearing that I’d automatically assume they loved rugby and Harry Potter and I’d judge them as being a complete loser. 

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Have you ordered from them? I'm always a bit wary of a buying a top that's only shown as a computer graphic, no idea of the quality of it. Would love a long sleeved effort though.

Sorry, I haven't ordered from them. I noticed them mentioned on the Arbroath thread, and they have a few vintage replica kits that are being endorsed by the club itself. If I've understood correctly Arbroath are getting a percentage from any sales.

9 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

....And as worn by myself with (variable) distinction for Knoxland Primary School during 1967-68. 

The bumble bee kits were still being used until 1971, by which time they were literally coming apart at the seams. 

43 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Is Jai quitongo still at yous?

No he is away...I heard he went down south but i couldn't swear to that.Have you an interest in him? He wasn't great with us but he hadn't played for a long time TBF and his fitness was a bit suspect.But there is definitely a player there.

He is a bit of a maverick by all accounts having played over in Iran at Perseopolis.Anthony Stokes also played there...see where i'm going with this.....

No he is away...I heard he went down south but i couldn't swear to that.Have you an interest in him? He wasn't great with us but he hadn't played for a long time TBF and his fitness was a bit suspect.But there is definitely a player there.
He is a bit of a maverick by all accounts having played over in Iran at Perseopolis.Anthony Stokes also played there...see where i'm going with this.....

No no, just came into my head this morning and wondered what he was doing. Looked an unbelievable talent at Morton

I actually think Jai Quitongo made a huge mistake not staying with us for another season. I reckon a full season (including an actual pre season) under Duffy would have done him the world of good IMO. His career has pretty much come off the rails at this point and chasing deals down south is daft when all you really have on your CV in recent times is a failed stint at Thistle, a failed stint abroad and a handful of average performances for Dumbarton.  A good season with us, working under a manager who knows how to get the best out of him, would have been the perfect springboard back into full-time football. 

I thought he looked OK in his few appearances for us, nothing special. That being said I would have liked to see what he could do with a full pre season under his belt.