Sons' sorrow

It's absolutely mind-boggling that that absolute haddy Ramsbottom is getting a five minute dodgy dossier put together based largely on last season's performances in the Championship.

IMG_1730.jpg.503ad6f38e542a53da7aeb96cba4ec6a.jpg

The corresponding 'Ramsbottom makes a roaring c**t of it' reel would run all fucking day. 

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's absolutely mind-boggling that that absolute haddy Ramsbottom is getting a five minute dodgy dossier put together based largely on last season's performances in the Championship.

IMG_1730.jpg.503ad6f38e542a53da7aeb96cba4ec6a.jpg

The corresponding 'Ramsbottom makes a roaring c**t of it' reel would run all fucking day. 

To my shame I watched 2 minutes of it. A competent keeper would have managed to show a similar highlight video from one half. 

Highlight videos typically are absolute BS, enough footage and anyone can look good,  but when players/agents are including things that merely show basic competence you know its a jobber. 'sign me, occasionally I don't completely f**k up' 

I'd be willing to give Ramsbottom a chance. As I said it isn't an area we're blessed in and plenty of Morton rejects have gone on to be decent enough players for us.

His arrival would see us tick off Conor Brennan, Jamie McGowan and *shudder* Grant Adam as former Morton number twos who we've signed in recent times. There's an illustrious list for you.

Don't know what we'll do next season given Morton are now infamous for not sticking a keeper on the bench.

9 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Meanwhile, Airdrie sign Kyle Turner on loan from Dunfermline...

Meanwhile, East Fife sign Nathan Austin on loan from Kelty...

I’m not bothered in the slightest about the quality being brought in elsewhere in the league whilst we have Duffy offering trials to bums and nobodys. Honest.

Couldn't agree more. Surely these remaining games will be Duffy's last stand?

I’m not bothered in the slightest about the quality being brought in elsewhere in the league whilst we have Duffy offering trials to bums and nobodys. Honest.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

There should be no reason we are not targeting these players or similar calibre. Surely their availability is well known and Duffy should be at least enquiring. Transfer dealings have been so disappointing in recent times its hard to get excited about potential incoming. 

I fully expect us to announce Kyle Hutton on loan from EK.......

12 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I'd be willing to give Ramsbottom a chance. As I said it isn't an area we're blessed in and plenty of Morton rejects have gone on to be decent enough players for us.

His arrival would see us tick off Conor Brennan, Jamie McGowan and *shudder* Grant Adam as former Morton number twos who we've signed in recent times. There's an illustrious list for you.

Don't know what we'll do next season given Morton are now infamous for not sticking a keeper on the bench.

Sir Patrick of Flannery likes this.

12 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

On that basis, we'll throw in Cameron Blues, Rabin Omar, Kalvin Orsi, Cameron Salkeld and 'James Wallace' from our current squad to sweeten the deal. I'm sure that they'll turn into decent players as well. 

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

On that basis, we'll throw in Cameron Blues, Rabin Omar, Kalvin Orsi, Cameron Salkeld and 'James Wallace' from our current squad to sweeten the deal. I'm sure that they'll turn into decent players as well. 

Look at our squad.

Blues is the invisible man and a centre-mid, so is the last thing we really need. But Omar, Orsi and Salkeld would probably stroll into our starting lineup. Wallace doesn't appear to exist, so he'd probably fill the space vacated by Donald Morrison quite well too.

East Fife, Clyde, Forfar and Peterhead have all moved swiftly to get deals done. Probably because they have managers with a pulse who were prepared to make moves as soon as we got the go ahead. 

It looks to me like Duffy had nothing prepared. There's absolutely no point in releasing the likes of Reilly or Johnston if you're just going to grab the first freebie you see. Duffy gives 3 trialists a game on Saturday, one apparently the worst keeper Morton have ever had (who's been available all season, so Duffy has already ignored him in favour of signing Chris Smith), another who hasn't kicked a ball in 2 years and one who doesn't even appear good enough for Stevie Aitkens East Kilbride. The c***s had 3 months off to sit and look at potential signings and the sum total of his efforts for the first game back is that. 

Duffy started managing in 1988, a full year before I was born, yet he appears to have no friend or club he can call on to get a few decent loans in. For a man who is apparently almost universally liked by players and coaches in Scotland, I find it bizarre how much he struggles to put a decent team together.