Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Not with 6 games left and a lack of resources or contacts to bring in a decent manager.

Gary Naismith is available right now. If Naismith fancied it then is he a better option than Farrell? A guy who was sacked by his last club and whose team struggled against Duffy's gang last year in the play-offs.

January? There's time to try and recruit. Last weekend of March? There isn't. 

You're taking this Naysmith thing as if the support want him - he was offered as an example of available managers to you, he wasn't put forward as the prime candidate. But aye, I'd suggest his Edinburgh City team last year puts this Sons team to bed quite easily. His teams are always organised, if not the most successful. I wouldn't have him long term but I'd have him over Faz for the rest of this season. 

20 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

People can be angry at Farrell. I certainly am. He looks like he's lost the dressing room a few weeks ago and that's why he has resorted to the shite we've seen  in his post game interviews.

But believing that we're in a position to change him and it being anything other than more of the same shite show on the park is fantasy stuff. The time to sack Farrell was late January. Early Feb at the very latest. Its time to focus on the reasons why we didn't sack Farrell back then and why we're not going to sack him now.

If you believe that there was a viable time to sack your manager in January/February, then your entire 'no money' argument falls apart though. You might legitimately argue that now would be a bad time to sack him, but you can't shift the goalposts to state that it can't happen at all, for some mysterious obstacle that wasn't there a few months ago. 

Managers have been sacked up to the very last game before a play-off battle with success. Morton were favourites for relegation in December until that gurning loser McPherson was replaced with a coach with no prior experience. The squad hasn't been upgraded - the manager was by good shortlisting and a big slab of fortune. 

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Not with 6 games left and a lack of resources or contacts to bring in a decent manager.

Gary Naismith is available right now. If Naismith fancied it then is he a better option than Farrell? A guy who was sacked by his last club and whose team struggled against Duffy's gang last year in the play-offs.

So the option is to keep Faz and have a real big chance of losing every game that's left. Or take a chance on getting the "new manager bounce" or even a lift from the manager going since the players don't seem to be playing for him anyway.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

ITS NAYSMITH, NOT NAISMITH.

The strips look pretty good, so far as I can make out. I’m keen to see a clearer image of Boghead on the away jersey. 

In the absence of much else to get excited about down at the Rock, I think I’ll embrace the 150 thing and nab one of both. And throw in a scarf. And the whisky. The lot. 

Well done to the Dumbarton FC board, for having the courage and vision that everyone else does not possess, to stick with a manager who led us to a glorious draw against a TOP-HALF side today.

Edited by FifeSons

19 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

If Peterhead can beat East fife at home, then we’d need a minimum of 3 wins to overtake them. Bleak.

East Fife have a grand total of six points away from home so far. I'd say that if is a when.

We've hired out the stadium for a fans vs legends on the 7th May. What happens with that? Surely that has to be honoured as people have made plans to be there. Does that mean we'd play on either the Friday evening or Sunday?

6 minutes ago, microdave said:

We've hired out the stadium for a fans vs legends on the 7th May. What happens with that? Surely that has to be honoured as people have made plans to be there. Does that mean we'd play on either the Friday evening or Sunday?

Can't see the SPFL going for that.

Can't see the SPFL going for that.
I dunno. We've moved challenge Cup games in the past due to pre booked events. It will be a bit unfair on the winning team then having to play the first leg of the final with a day less recovery than their opposition. But the fans vs legends game has been organised for months. Glad I'm not having to make the decision tbh.

18 minutes ago, microdave said:

Were the organisers that confident we’d already be relegated by then?

1 hour ago, rockson said:

East Fife have a grand total of six points away from home so far. I'd say that if is a when.

Unbeaten against Peterhead in 4 games this season with one victory and a draw at Balmoor one a cup tie. Having said that after our last 2 performances I’d say your probably right.