Sons' sorrow

Lets take a look at what's happened here. They have shafted loyal fans who have been attending for years with shite opening times, no mention of paying over the phone and no warning of limited tickets remaining. What they want is an increased number of pay at the door punters because they get more money from it. Mr Lawrie and Mr Jardine can't ram their pay at the gate tickets up their arse cause I wont be paying in every home game. I have been attending Sons games for near on 10 years and ploughed god knows how much dough into the club to be treated like this?

Good luck to them on a Tuesday night when Alloa and Cowden (no disrespect to them) come to town. You want have your glory hunters and Rangers fans turning up for those games.

If there's any sort of official route I can take to make a complaint I will. Anyone know the email address for this sort of thing?

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

Very surprised that season tickets have sold out. Does that mean we have sold nearly 1000 tickets?

There's no way we've sold 1,000 season tickets, that would be more than a 300% increase on our normal sales. I'd imagine we've sold around 400-500 and the club leave seats free for walk up prices. I understand we must allow for people walking up on the day but surely you see your own fans right with a seat first?

On the 20th of June (5 days ago) the club updated the website with a story about season ticket renewal, surely if they were close to selling out at that point it would make sense to make fans aware of it there and then?

Something reeks about this.

There's no way we've sold 1,000 season tickets, that would be more than a 300% increase on our normal sales. I'd imagine we've sold around 400-500 and the club leave seats free for walk up prices. I understand we must allow for people walking up on the day but surely you see your own fans right with a seat first?

On the 20th of June (5 days ago) the club updated the website with a story about season ticket renewal, surely if they were close to selling out at that point it would make sense to make fans aware of it there and then?

Something reeks about this.

Of course it could just be that our fearless overlords didn't fancy another second trying to work the credit card machine.

Edited by Consolidate

It does seem strange.

I'm no expert but I would have thought you sell season tickets until all tickets are gone, not a portion? Do bigger teams, not have most of the ground season tickets?

Realistically the stadium will only be sold out for the big three coming to town. So by my workings the club will get at least £60 and potentially more (No guarantee how much) per seat.

BUT if they sold the the seat to a season ticket holder be it a junior, concession, adult they will make a guaranteed amount of £60,£125 or best case £235. Since we don't have a massive amount of youngster then it will more than likely be the higher amounts.

Hope that all makes sense but seems like the clubs taking a risk.

Well when I went in less than a fortnight ago Gilbert said they had sold over 300 which was 'good for that time of year'. With the season ticket renewal last Friday I would guess a few would have made it in last week but can't have sold more than 500? Just a guess though.

They've sold 600

Piecing this together, from these posts we can assume we've sold roughly 300 tickets in two weeks. Fair enough, that's a pretty big surge in sales but even more the reason to perhaps warn fans that their time is running out.

Can't help but think this may put off some regulars.

f**k sake! I hadn't been able to get along yet and intended to get mine closer to the season starting. What a shambles. If the demand is there for more season tickets then they should sell them, it's not like they're going to run out of available seats to flog, just designate some walkup seats as season tickets. Ridiculous.

Today's Lennox claims Nish will sign sometime this week and that we've actually signed Ryan Donnelly.

Really hope the part about Donnelly isn't true.

On the season tickets, I think the clubs inbox is going to be full tonight. Similar to the student price thing if enough pressure is put on then they may perhaps change their new fangled policy.

I phoned the club when the 'sold out' story went up and was advised to email my details to Gilbert Lawrie along with my seat number so he "could see what he could do".

I just received the response there which basically read due to other enquiries it would be unfair to renew.

Now lets take a look at what's happened here. They have shafted loyal fans who have been attending for years with shite opening times, no mention of paying over the phone and no warning of limited tickets remaining. What they want is an increased number of pay at the door punters because they get more money from it. Mr Lawrie and Mr Jardine can't ram their pay at the gate tickets up their arse cause I wont be paying in every home game. I have been attending Sons games for near on 10 years and ploughed god knows how much dough into the club to be treated like this?

Good luck to them on a Tuesday night when Alloa and Cowden (no disrespect to them) come to town. You want have your glory hunters and Rangers fans turning up for those games.

If there's any sort of official route I can take to make a complaint I will. Anyone know the email address for this sort of thing?

It doesn't seem right to me that existing ST holders won't be able to get one now, seems like a massive

mistake by the club. There's obviously still an allocation left so why shouldn't existing St Holders be able to purchase one - tbh I can't understand why if there's an allocation left they aren't just selling every seat (Existing St holder or not) until they're gone...

I'd email the trust about this as well mate.

Today's Lennox claims Nish will sign sometime this week and that we've actually signed Ryan Donnelly.

Good news about Nish but Donnelly, really? Surely we can do better than him, he scored 5 goals for Brechin & Albion Rovers combined last season. The only reason I can think of for signing him is if he is on a ridiculously low wage and Muzz thinks he can get him scoring again.

See Andrew Clark said on Twitter that he was just training with the squad, we might just have offered him training facilities to help him get his fitness up. With Jack Ross being heavily involved in player availability at the PFA then that is probably all it is.

It doesn't seem right to me that existing ST holders won't be able to get one now, seems like a massive

mistake by the club. There's obviously still an allocation left so why shouldn't existing St Holders be able to purchase one - tbh I can't understand why if there's an allocation left they aren't just selling every seat (Existing St holder or not) until they're gone...

I'd email the trust about this as well mate.

I'd email the club, it's the CEO that has explaining to do.

I'd email the club, it's the CEO that has explaining to do.

Whilst that's true (and of course should be done first) it doesn't look like it's going to change. I'd be looking for the trust to put some pressure on the club regarding this issue (at least for existing trust members who now can't get a ST despite no warning from the club).

I'm absolutely fuming at the season ticket debacle also. A few of my pals who were season ticket holders last season have missed out due to working commitments (as has been said by a number of fans on this - opening times at the club are ridiculous). Much like the whole no student price I feel like they're just trying to mug us off and bring in the ££££££££. The true colours of the board are really shining through these days, always felt like there was something not to be trusted about a few of 'em.

See Andrew Clark said on Twitter that he was just training with the squad, we might just have offered him training facilities to help him get his fitness up. With Jack Ross being heavily involved in player availability at the PFA then that is probably all it is.

I do reckon it was probably just a cock-up by the Lennox. The actual quote is "The team were joined by new signings, former Morton man Scott Taggart and former Airdrie, Brechin and Albion Rovers striker Ryan Donnelly." Very much possible that they've just thrown all the unfamiliar faces at training in to the 'signing' category. Not excited about the thought of him signing with us, but maybe him and Nish would have a decent partnership.

Whilst that's true (and of course should be done first) it doesn't look like it's going to change. I'd be looking for the trust to put some pressure on the club regarding this issue (at least for existing trust members who now can't get a ST despite no warning from the club).

I'd suggest the trust have been hung out to dry here. They've always been good at communicating things to the fans and for them not to say anything on this matter at all makes me have my doubts over this. I have no doubt our trust rep will be getting dogs abuse here and I don't think that's fair.

Need to stop talking about this now before I smash my desk up.