Sons' sorrow

Very strange that demand is that strong that existing season ticket holders have missed out. Not being paranoid but will I find the person sitting next to me jumping up cheering when The Rangers/Hearts/Hibs score. Surely we haven't got 200 or 300 fair weather fans willing to pay for ST.

Very strange that demand is that strong that existing season ticket holders have missed out. Not being paranoid but will I find the person sitting next to me jumping up cheering when The Rangers/Hearts/Hibs score. Surely we haven't got 200 or 300 fair weather fans willing to pay for ST.

If that happens to me I'll be quick to point them in the direction of the nearest exit, would be awful to endure.

I'm still trying to fathom the logic in capping sales at 600. It's bonkers.

Shaft loyal fans who have followed the team for years (and spent a fair wedge in the process) in favour of swines who are only interested in seeing the Hertz and Ranjurz.

What a PR disaster.

I fully agree with this but if they do insist on having one (as ridiculous as it is) it should be 100 or less.

Feel like the good work done by the Supporters Trust is being totally undone by greed and terrible decision making outwith their control. I sincerely hope no one holds issue with them for this utter f**k up.

This is an incredibly important post, as for years now the Trust has been buffing the rough edges from many, many aspects of Dumbarton Football Club's affairs, and, it has to be said, at times in the face of some pretty churlish attitudes.

The Community Director can and probably will speak for himself, but due to a seeming reluctance on the part of DFC officials to engage with their public the Trust has for many people long become the 'voice' of the football club. No great problem in that per se, except that it helps to have both influence and information, and far too often that's not happening.

People need to remember that.

If I was a cynic I would say this is a deliberate ploy so the tumshies that run the club can say " see we telt ye ,ye need a new stadium ---- for at least a year.

Then it'll be just like broad wood and Airdrie.

If they were a " NORMAL" club they would have a CEO and Chairman who could work the credit card machine without a drama.

I want to see beardie telling the Rangers fans to sit down ,,in the interest of public safety.

Edited by the auld son

No need for a season ticket limit as we wouldn't sell the home end out! As mentioned opening times were not good enough, just managed to get mine on the final renewing date as I managed to get someone to go down for me, but your prob looking at no more than 50 if they allow anyone that hasn't yet got a ticket to get one.

Pure shite from the club this. I knew I couldn't renew last season as my son was due to arrive mid-season so I paid at the gate for as many home and away games as I could get to in the early part of the season. This season I was going to renew again, regardless of whether I would be there every week or not. Last season was the first time in years that I hadn't bought a season book and only because I knew I wouldn't get to any games after October. Absolutely gutted I won't be able to go back to being a season ticket holder. Proper shafted by the club.

we were all warned that the 20th was the cut off date for renewing, why did u all wait? Or did u not have one last year?

Correct, we were warned about renewals. They should have certainly warned that tickets altogether were close to selling out though. Glad I got mine in time.

Edited by FifeSons

Agree with the majority on here that this is an utter shambles and a punch in the face to any loyal sons fan who hadn't had the opportunity to renew yet. To state several times that your seat would be held until 20th june but make no mention there was a cut off number is not the 2ay fans should be treated. As has been said several times a quick update earlier in the week would have sufficed.

In many ways i'm not surprised by this latest balls up and there will be many more where this one came from. I only hope the trust has as big an influence it has in past seasons on some of the decision making or we may well see more.

Agree with the majority on here that this is an utter shambles and a punch in the face to any loyal sons fan who hadn't had the opportunity to renew yet. To state several times that your seat would be held until 20th june but make no mention there was a cut off number is not the 2ay fans should be treated. As has been said several times a quick update earlier in the week would have sufficed.

In many ways i'm not surprised by this latest balls up and there will be many more where this one came from. I only hope the trust has as big an influence it has in past seasons on some of the decision making or we may well see more.

I'm not one to dis the board, since we have come a long way since the bottom of the third division days. I've personally had a season ticket for a number of years, but this is only my second one in most recent times. I've not always had the money due to bringing up kids, so I'd pay at gate between times, but clearly with common sense, I bought one a couple of years ago in anticipation of the demand that would occur due to rangers moving up the league's. No way I was losing my seat to all the extras creeping out the woodwork.

No the club never warned of a limit but come on, the season finished in May, did no one else anticipate these numbers?

Are Dumbarton really turning down season ticket sales? Seems mental. I'm hoping the new season ticket holders at CP get hooked and come back next season. The more the merrier.

If i was a ST that couldn't get one this season i'd be well pissed off regardless of the boards intentions.

I'm not one to dis the board, since we have come a long way since the bottom of the third division days. I've personally had a season ticket for a number of years, but this is only my second one in most recent times. I've not always had the money due to bringing up kids, so I'd pay at gate between times, but clearly with common sense, I bought one a couple of years ago in anticipation of the demand that would occur due to rangers moving up the league's. No way I was losing my seat to all the extras creeping out the woodwork.

No the club never warned of a limit but come on, the season finished in May, did no one else anticipate these numbers?

I bought my ST the day they went on sale. However if you recall there was a bit of an outcry on this very thread about the price increase and im not sure everyone anticipated a huge increase in ST. Yes they would probably go up but no-one expected this particularly not been forewarned. So there's no excuse really.

I 100% agree that the club have screwed up the way they have advertised the season tickets and not mentioning that there is a limit or that they were getting close to it.

BUT getting really bored of the them and us post that get written every time something happens at the club.

As far as I understand the trust help out a lot with the commercial side of the club so they should be held accountable for what's happened as well.

I 100% agree that the club have screwed up the way they have advertised the season tickets and not mentioning that there is a limit or that they were getting close to it.

BUT getting really bored of the them and us post that get written every time something happens at the club.

As far as I understand the trust help out a lot with the commercial side of the club so they should be held accountable for what's happened as well.

The Trust do great work, but have almost zero influence on decision making. The Trust are not remotely to blame here.

The Trust do great work, but have almost zero influence on decision making. The Trust are not remotely to blame here.

Maybe I'm wrong but I really don't see the guys that are involved to be YES men. Ok on big decisions I can see them not holding as much influence as others but we are talking about telling fans that the limit of season tickets is getting close.

Eh, regardless of numbers there are still hundreds of seats left being refused to punters who want to buy season tickets. And no, not did I think for a minute they would sell out without some sort of warning being posted on the site.

Sometimes we barely broke 600 overall last season so no, I did not think we'd have that many snapped up, especially considering there were only 300 gone 2 weeks ago.

If we only we all had as much common sense as you eh?

Maybe I'm wrong but I really don't see the guys that are involved to be YES men. Ok on big decisions I can see them not holding as much influence as others but we are talking about telling fans that the limit of season tickets is getting close.

To blame the Trust is ridiculous.

How do you know them or their rep on the board were even consulted over this decision? Don't see the guys involved to be 'YES' men? What does that even mean?

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery