Sons' sorrow

16 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I doubt if there would be much difference between sacking Farrell and losing season tickets. You'd potentially be looking at 150 season tickets being similar to Farrell's compensation.

That’s a few posts now where you’ve suggested it would cost up and around £35k to offload Farrell. That strikes me as really quite unlikely and I’d anticipate the true sum being quite a bit south of that.  

Today sort of went as expected. We were insipid. A group of donkeys, led by donkeys.

If the shyster ownership of our club is likely to lead further malaise and a drift down the leagues then that will only be turbocharged by Farrell remaining in post. As things stand i foresee another fraught relegation battle next year as we flirt with exiting the SPFL. 

Fucking terrific stuff. 

Just now, microdave said:

It won't even be close to 150 season ticket. There's an interview on the bbc with Dick Campbell where he says that lower league managers would get two months severance pay.

Link

And I absolutely refuse to believe that our board are so incompetent that there won't be a clause like that in it. Colin Hosie has been a director for about 20 years and in that time we've had ten managers. Six have been sacked. There's no way a director as experienced as him would allow a manager to be appointed without having a severance clause in the contract.

There will be a severance clause. It'll be at least 3 months for him, for his assistant and for his coach. Expect to pay the same 3 months to whatever club we recruit from. Then expect to pay to terminate the last year of playing contracts for players who the new manager doesnt fancy. 

How much is Farrell on? It'll be at least £25k a year. So that's £6k to punt Farrell for a start. Add in half that for McKeown? You're up at 10 grand to get shot of the manager and his assistant. Now spend the same in compensation if we're recruiting from another club.

2 minutes ago, George Parr said:

That’s a few posts now where you’ve suggested it would cost up and around £35k to offload Farrell. That strikes me as really quite unlikely and I’d anticipate the true sum being quite a bit south of that.  

Today sort of went as expected. We were insipid. A group of donkeys, led by donkeys.

If the shyster ownership of our club is likely to lead further malaise and a drift down the leagues then that will only be turbocharged by Farrell remaining in post. As things stand i foresee another fraught relegation battle next year as we flirt with exiting the SPFL. 

Fucking terrific stuff. 

I'd go for £20k minimum to get shot and recruit. And that's if we're going on £25k a year for Farrell. Good chance he's on more than that.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

I'm not having this 20 grand to sack the manager either. He's a part time manager for a 3rd tier club. He'll be on 5 ton a week and his assistants a couple of hundred.

£500 a week.

Or, since he's on a 2 year deal rather than just a deal until the end of the season, £26k a year.

3 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

£500 a week.

Or, since he's on a 2 year deal rather than just a deal until the end of the season, £26k a year.

You're just pulling these figures for severance terms, salaries and compensation to other clubs out your arse. Pure speculation.

There will be a severance clause. It'll be at least 3 months for him, for his assistant and for his coach. Expect to pay the same 3 months to whatever club we recruit from. Then expect to pay to terminate the last year of playing contracts for players who the new manager doesnt fancy. 
How much is Farrell on? It'll be at least £25k a year. So that's £6k to punt Farrell for a start. Add in half that for McKeown? You're up at 10 grand to get shot of the manager and his assistant. Now spend the same in compensation if we're recruiting from another club.
I have no idea what the figures will be but I think you're way off the mark. If that's the case for us, then it'll be the case for every other pt team in Scotland. If East Fife and Edinburgh City can sack an underperforming manager then so can we. Or maybe Dick Campbell was talking shite.

Eta I'm sure I read in this very thread that we didn't pay any compensation to Stranraer for Farrell's services last year. Probably commonplace among lower league clubs. Although given how this season has gone maybe Stranraer paid us to take him off their hands.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

You're just pulling these figures for severance terms, salaries and compensation to other clubs out your arse. Pure speculation.

Farrell is on a 2 year deal. That isnt speculation. Unlike players we sign for a single season, we need to pay Farrell during the summer. His contract doesnt run for 11 months only.

You suggested £500 a week. That's £26k a year. There's no way Farrell, given what he does for a living outside of football, is accepting a contract that doesnt have a decent severance deal included. 3 months of your £500 a week? £6500 just for him. Then there's McKeown. And Phillips.

Then we're looking at compensation if we want to hire a manager already in a job, or recruiting somebody who is unemployed if we don't.

We could cut all the speculation if the club board would realise that fans deserve better and deserve proper clarity and communication. That the fans havent had a proper chance to ask questions of the club chairman and to get answers to whats worrying all of us is little short of a disgrace.

12 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Anyways, I'm off to support Airdrie in the final. Gonna wave at Sir Ian the whole game in the hope that he waves back.

Remember when someone once said if Aitken went to Airdrie they’d support them against us?!

I'm sorry man, I don't want to be a dick and it's absolutely nothing personal, but I've seen through your shtick and I'm bored of it now. The made up, condescending, sensational, only I know the truth crap is played out now. I've held my water on it long enough. Every single hothead and bampot on here knows as much as you do and is equally right to air their thoughts, feelings and opinions. You constantly replying to everyone in story mode about how their point about a badly watered pitch or a burnt pie is a symptom of land speculation and no-one but you understands it and there's no solution to it is done. Enough is enough.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If we wanted to sack Farrell we could. The same way we sacked Aitken and numerous before him. All this exact same chat was banded around before Aitken was bagged.

Exactly. Farrel is going nowhere because the board don't want him gone. Maybe we can afford it (we probably can) maybe we can't, but it's really a moot point as he will be our manager in L2 next year. 

The board maybe will get a wake up call if and when the ST sales take a big hit. Suppose they will be relying on a big uptake of kit sales in the 150th year. We need a shake up at board level and someone with a set of balls to make a decision.

Edited by pleslie99

In the unlikely scenario that sacking Farrell and his staff would set you back even £15k, that's likely to be around 10% of your playing budget or thereabouts. That's a big blow of course but would you rather entrust Farrell with that £15k or roll the dice and give a different manager a smaller budget? It's a nonsense argument to suggest that it can't be done, and if the same logic was universally true then no manager would ever be sacked in the lower leagues.

6 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

In the unlikely scenario that sacking Farrell and his staff would set you back even £15k, that's likely to be around 10% of your playing budget or thereabouts. That's a big blow of course but would you rather entrust Farrell with that £15k or roll the dice and give a different manager a smaller budget? It's a nonsense argument to suggest that it can't be done, and if the same logic was universally true then no manager would ever be sacked in the lower leagues.

The last update we got regarding the accounts were that they were in a healthy position, not to mention being off the back of a season where we received grants that would have more than covered the lack of fans in the ground. If we really wanted to sack Stevie Farrell we could, and I’m not even convinced it would require anywhere near 15k to get rid of him. 

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Bigger picture Pete.

The owners have mortgaged us to our eyeballs and have conned the club out of the land that we've got planning permission on.

Cards on the table time? There really is a fucking huge and very ugly picture fans need to see. We're being screwed by our owners and our board are doing nothing to run the club in a competent way. Have a look at the securities granted against club assets with Companies House - securities that may be called in if Henning Kristoffersen and Andy Hosie don't make good on their debt repayments - and tell me that Farrell is the biggest thing that's threatening the club right now.

It's hardly mutually exclusive that Dumbarton might be afflicted with a dreadful (possibly malevolent/land grabbing) board and a dung manager at the same time. The reality of a football club though is that fans are not going to rally against the former unless that latter issue is dealt with too. Because that's the one that most affects the 'product' they pay for on a Saturday afternoon. 

If Supporters' Trust leaders adopt your position then I fear you're in for much deeper trouble over the next 2-5 years than anything that withholding season tickets this summer could cause.