Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/update-of-incident-at-east-fife-vs-dumbarton-march-9th-2024/

This surely makes their position on the Trust board and as bar manager untenable?

The first maybe the second probably not. The ban appears to be deliberately structured to allow the individual to return to the stadium in time for the new season starting in August which suggests  they might be allowed to resume his duties.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is the suggestion here the club want rid of this person? Or that we are just incompetently handling this?

Don’t think so, see my response above for my thinking.

If the fans are to know what is and what isn’t acceptable it would be useful to actually know what the ban is for. Otherwise it’s just keeping everyone in the dark and we are none the wiser 

27 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

If the fans are to know what is and what isn’t acceptable it would be useful to actually know what the ban is for. Otherwise it’s just keeping everyone in the dark and we are none the wiser 

I’d imagine we can comfortably file making comments about sending bullets to the Lennons under the unacceptable category.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d imagine we can comfortably file making comments about sending bullets to the Lennons under the unacceptable category.

Obviously but I’ve heard different versions

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think we can safely assume the defence didn’t stand up after the clubs investigations and interviews, hence the ban. 

It must have stood up to some extent, or a club ban would be the least of his worries

6 minutes ago, George Parr said:

It must have stood up to some extent, or a club ban would be the least of his worries

Is it not just the case that the truth lies somewhere between the "evil hooligan" painted in the press and "nothing untoward happened" hence the "advice" given to him by police, and thus the club have dealt a punishment which should put off most folk from saying anything similarly stupid but also to not completely push away a guy who has given quite a lot of his time to the club over the years?

Just out of interest do you guys think Stevie Farrell with get another year with your club or will this be his final year at the club. Surely if he fails to get promotion again he should be gone, like even Falkirk got promoted this year.

9 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Just out of interest do you guys think Stevie Farrell with get another year with your club or will this be his final year at the club. Surely if he fails to get promotion again he should be gone, like even Falkirk got promoted this year.

He's under contract for another season, so unless a bigger club comes in and nabs him I think it's very safe to say Faz will be our gaffer next season. Regardless of what happens between now and May.

14 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Please take him.

Just now, C'mon_the_Sons said:

I know this has been discussed before but can’t be bothered searching. Who’s under contract for next season?

Brett, Durnan, Crighton, Blair, Div Wilson, Ross MacLean, Carlo, Tony Wallace and Greig Young are all signed up. Aron Lynas and Callum Wilson both have options for another year too iirc.

27 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Brett, Durnan, Crighton, Blair, Div Wilson, Ross MacLean, Carlo, Tony Wallace and Greig Young are all signed up. Aron Lynas and Callum Wilson both have options for another year too iirc.

Assume MacLean will probably be away at the end of season unless his work situation changes. Only other player I’d be on the fence about retaining is Div Wilson.

27 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We're going to have some fairly glaring holes to fill in the summer. Ruth and Gray will almost certainly be away and I suspect Orsi might move on too. 

Ruth will definitely be away, not sure about Orsi with Carlo being contracted for another year, they seem to like playing together. 

What’s the script with Gray? Am I correct in assuming we’ll be due a development fee for him? Could that act as a disincentive for another club coming looking at him?

I think we’ll look back in a few years with Finlay Gray playing for a Raith/Airdrie/Morton/ICT in the Championship and fondly remember the times Faz benched him for lengthy periods.

Edited by FifeSons