Sons' sorrow

Willie Gibson had an awful attitude with us, but no doubting he had a bit of ability.

Put on two stone in his 6 month loan spell apparently.

Wee Stee seems to have gotten him into shape and kept his head screwed on last year though so it's a good signing in my eyes.

Willie Gibson is getting on a bit now, wouldn't have taken him at Morton. Was fairly anonymous against us last season. He did make it into the League on team of the year so time will tell if he can make the step up.

Pleased with Gibson.

Guys always had bags of potential and it seems Stee knows how to get the best out of him. Another potential arsehole added to the squad, everyone will fuckin hate us. Pleasing indeed.

Kevin Nicol's still a free agent I think... :wub:

Willie Gibson is getting on a bit now, wouldn't have taken him at Morton. Was fairly anonymous against us last season. He did make it into the League on team of the year so time will tell if he can make the step up.

If he can make the step up? He's spent the majority of his career at this level or higher. It seems to be his attitude that let him down, but wee Stee knows how to get the best out of him. 28 appearances last season and 9 goals from midfield is a very decent return.

Kevin Nicol's still a free agent I think... :wub:

If he can make the step up? He's spent the majority of his career at this level or higher. It seems to be his attitude that let him down, but wee Stee knows how to get the best out of him. 28 appearances last season and 9 goals from midfield is a very decent return.

Nah, Kev signed for Forfar I'm sure?

Yes, but there's a reason he was back down in the third tier of Scottish football. He's what 30 odd now? All I'm saying is he was fairly anonymous against us last season and I don't think he'll be capable of the step up now. I could be completely wrong of course.

Yes, but there's a reason he was back down in the third tier of Scottish football. He's what 30 odd now? All I'm saying is he was fairly anonymous against us last season and I don't think he'll be capable of the step up now. I could be completely wrong of course.

You'll need to forgive us for taking the views of Morton fans with a pinch of salt, both Mark McLaughlin and Andy Graham were deemed as past it for this level and both have served/are still serving us well.

He's 30 too.

:lol: S08, have you edited his Wiki already ya wee scamp?

Edited by The Moonster

As Moonster says, he's only 30. I suspect a lot of managers will have been put off by his reputation rather than feeling he couldn't do a job.

E.T.A. Sure have, Moonster. I don't start work 'til 5 so haven't got an awful lot to occupy my time these days :lol: His and Mark Brown's were updated within minutes of them signing. We must have the quickest, most up to date Wikipedia pages in Scottish football.

Edited by Sonsteam of 08

Just to clear things up, I'm not saying he's shite, he's clearly not he made it into the League one team of the year and had a very decent goal return for a midfielder. All I'm saying is he was anonymous against us, he obviously wasn't against other teams in the league. I hope he does well because he is a decent player but just not against us this year :P