Sons' sorrow

If it stays as it is it would be Stranraer. When did we last win against them?! I can't remember*

*I normally would look this up, but I'm writing my blog, so Microdave, it's over to you!

February 2003 at Stair park. Last time at home was November 2002.

Eta beaten to it by Nowhereman.

Edited by microdave

Whoa, whoa, everyone, we're a wee bit off play-off speculation just yet.

And speculation about what team should pick up points in what games is also a mugs charter; if the form book were the case we'd never have beaten Hibs twice at home and lost to Alloa.

From now on in, it's all about who does what in every minute of every fixture, starting for us next Saturday versus Morton. I keep reading that we have the personnel to stay in this Division - I now need to see the evidence for myself.

And speculation about what team should pick up points in what games is also a mugs charter; if the form book were the case we'd never have beaten Hibs twice at home and lost to Alloa.

From now on in, it's all about who does what in every minute of every fixture, starting for us next Saturday versus Morton. I keep reading that we have the personnel to stay in this Division - I now need to see the evidence for myself.

Yes. Pretty much this ^^^^^

Whoa, whoa, everyone, we're a wee bit off play-off speculation just yet.And speculation about what team should pick up points in what games is also a mugs charter; if the form book were the case we'd never have beaten Hibs twice at home and lost to Alloa.From now on in, it's all about who does what in every minute of every fixture, starting for us next Saturday versus Morton. I keep reading that we have the personnel to stay in this Division - I now need to see the evidence for myself.

Pretty much why I'm not taking anything for granted. It was a bit of an obvious question earlier if staying in the division would be a success, of course it would be. I think what i was really trying to ask is, have we improved from the end of the Murray era? I feel the same just now as i did then, wondering where our next win will come from.

Pretty much why I'm not taking anything for granted. It was a bit of an obvious question earlier if staying in the division would be a success, of course it would be. I think what i was really trying to ask is, have we improved from the end of the Murray era? I feel the same just now as i did then, wondering where our next win will come from.

last six months of Murray's era was poor, but I think our football has been worse this year, yes, if we survive it will be seen as a successful season, but we've went backwards. Personally, I'd have hoped for at the very least, a slight improvement every year.

Indeed.

Why are so many people hoping we get Stranraer rather than Peterhead or Ayr?  Yous do know what happens if we beat Stranraer in the playoff game, yeah?

To be honest I'm desperate for us not to get Stranraer! I fear them more than both Ayr and Peterheid

I've got a few mates who are Ayr fans, and to be honest I wouldn't fear them hugely. Akin to ourselves they seem to be able to turn it on and be sensational occasionally, but that's not been often in recent weeks and they're more stumbling across the line than anything else.

I've seen us beat Peterhead a few times, unlike Stranraer, hence they don't scare me!

Was having a look at loans rules and to be honest gave up.

There was talk with Kirky going we could look to bring someone else in.

Am I right . No more loans as we already have 4 loanees at club.

I don't think Heh's loan counts as he came from England. Waters is on a development loan.

Wasn't sure re dev loans as rules only talk about 4 at any time.

I thought the dev thing was it allowed the player to still play in under 20 games for parent club.

I suppose just fishing as no suggestion we are looking for anyone and closure date is Thursday for any signing.

Did someone sound the SD horn?

Loans are complicated. First things first, there is "technically" no such thing as an international loan. The player is actually temporarily released to get international clearance. So international loans don't count against any quota. It's a domestic limit only. That's why Rangers could have five players on loan from Newcastle at once last season and Hearts regularly had multiple loans from Lithuania in recent times.

Domestically there are Standard loans, Emergency Loans and Development Loans. Standard Loans and Emergency Loans are looked at together. You can have a maximum of five in a season and only four at any one time. You can only have one designated over 21 year old at a time on loan too. In addition as a separate quota you can have up to 4 Development Loans in a season, although as they can only be done in a window (as can Standard Loans), you can't bring one in now.

You CAN still bring in an Emergency Loan up to 5pm on Thursday provided you haven't already had 5 loans total or four at the moment. But Heh and Waters won't count against that total.

Maybe we should be a bit philosophical about this.

We're still 8th but our games in hand are tough ones. Livi can relegate Alloa next week, but Alloa might put up a fight, like most teams do when they're at the bottom. Maybe we'll beat Morton, as they probably won't make the top 4 so might take the foot off the gas. Who knows?

If we do survive, we'll be the only part-time team in the League next year, so the odds are stacked against us from the start of the season. But that means we will be the best placed part-time team in Scotland this season and next!

And if we do go down, well, we've been up here for a decent period of time, although I really hope we Tay up.

Maybe we could get fully behind the team in the remaining games. I doubt if many of the home game moaners are on here, but if you are, FFS change the record for a few games and help us stay up.

Good post above . The most frustrating thing is that I don't think the rest other than top 3 are a great deal better but just seem capable of getting results .

Best example of this is clearly raith who have put a great run together.

We have to remember after a few games we were all calling this squad the best we have put together for a while.

Livi have definitely put the frighteners up us by getting a win yesterday so it's up to sons to see if we are up for it .

Players on the park and fans of it .

Worst that can happen is play offs and we can probably survive that too