Sons' sorrow

Stevie's been massively bigging up Stirling the whole match. Now just awarded him motm.

Trying to entice him in.

I thought that myself, same pre-match

Calum McAlmahdhadkdfsgffjksfughagh: "So Stevie, who'll be the big players in this"

Stevie: "Andy Stirling...and I suppose Willie Gibson"

Wee Andy's seething at his team-mates post-match, so that's nice. Would love to have him and McGuigan in our team based on tonight.

I'd take that entire Stranraer side. Aitken's been creaming his scantaloons over Stirling. Ayr were dreadful. That Ayr side would get battered in this league.

Sorry Snudge, hit the red dot thing in error. I'll square it up elsewhere.

Quite a bit closer. Stair Park in Stranraer is 102 miles from the Abbotsford hotel.

Ayr's Somerset Park is 51 miles away.

Am I missing something here or is your arithmetic hopeless.

The distances you have just quoted implies Ayr is bang in the middle between Dumbarton and Stranraer. So none are closer.

I liked Willie Gibson in a Sons jersey, he's got undoubted ability, but like so many, he just didn't produce it often enough.

I wish him the best at Stranraer (unless they come up and they play us next year), but we need consistency, particularly this season, and Gibson didn't give us that when he was with us.

I always thought of Gibson like a WW2 bomb they sometimes find in fields these days. He could be harmless and blend in with the game for the most part, but you knew he could explode at any moment and completely change the game.

He only showed it in flashes with us, but I do miss the potential of him turning it on during a dire performance. He left because he couldn't justify the travelling for training and games if he wasn't getting regular game time. He still lives down Dumfries sort of way and has a young family.

Anyway, in best January transfer window style, it's a Thursday...So wonder if we'll get any news tonight. A motion was passed yesterday afternoon to have the deadline moved to 10:10pm in case anyone missed it.

Heard Nade is a done deal and we're close to getting Whyte. Obviously close in football terms could mean something else today, just need to see what happens.

Like Chappers, I won't believe anything till their holding the scarf at the stadium.

:(  :(  :(

Robert Thomson League One POTM for April:

https://twitter.com/spfl/status/730714257688567808

Bodes well, although he'll have a big gap to fill if Nade is indeed off to St Mirren

The King Is Dead, Long Live The King and all that. A very big bit of me wants to retain Christian Nade, but not if the cost is equivalent to two players' wages and not if he continues to have fitness concerns.

Apparently the budget was well overspent this season and there will be consequences arising from that, the demise of the U-20's probably being one. If we need to look down the leagues then so be it; give us more of these virile young bucks with flowing locks I say !

The King Is Dead, Long Live The King and all that. A very big bit of me wants to retain Christian Nade, but not if the cost is equivalent to two players' wages and not if he continues to have fitness concerns.

Apparently the budget was well overspent this season and there will be consequences arising from that, the demise of the U-20's probably being one. If we need to look down the leagues then so be it; give us more of these virile young bucks with flowing locks I say !

I'm inclined to agree with you actually. I'm consoling myself with three things:

A) Nade scored more goals for us than practically any other club in his career. He's been superb, but the chances of him continuing that form were probably quite low. I don't want to call it a freak, but even Aitken must've been shocked at how well he turned out.

B) He's injury prone. Hugely, and when he picks up an injury it tends to be a bad one from what I've seen and other fans have said

C) I don't want us risking the clubs financial structure to stay in this league. If a player is outwith our budget, he's outwith our budget we move on and we look somewhere else. If we go down because we can't financially keep up with the St Mirren/QOS/Ayr or Stranraer level then, as painful as it would be, I'm ok with that. I don't want the club to be taking potentially fatal risks to keep our position here.

Also, as you say, Thomson's hair and general hipster appearance >>>> Nade's (lack of) hair and (lack of) hipster appearance.