Sons' sorrow

6 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its just the same crap from various folks every year. Theres no point debating a meaningless friendly too much further, i personally thought some of the comments were a bit shite ive said my bit and thats it for me. Certainly dont wish Dumbarton any harm but fcuksake the negativity from some of your support is mental, just think how bad it could be. Good luck for the rest of the season.

And we get the same "ha ha we beat yous, yous should be worried your team are shit ha ha" off your over excitable mob every year too. Welcome to football rivalry. Dry yer eyes.

I don't see any reason why some of the Bankies are upset to be quite honest. It was a poor game, the pitch was very heavy and neither team played a great deal of football.

That's not being disrespectful, it's simply summing up the game.

Or have I missed some posts?

8 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Of course the pitch wasnt great its maintained by one guy on his own, weve just had the wettest summer in recent years, how are clubs expected to have bowling green pitches when you cant get a run of decent weather to let a pitch properly bed in etc? Youve not tried to put us down, but come on the 'shite pitch, shite team, shite ground' remark from your fellow fan was pish poor. I personally have to go to alot of Dumbarton games and found the fans to be decent folks but the way some are reacting tonight is poor. We are a skint junior club with little financial backing, we both put out by far and away anything but our strongest teams yet the attitude of some of your fans have been pretty shitty here. Dumbarton may not have been a junior team but think how bad the Rankine days were and how hard the sons trust worked to change it all, thats what we are doing to improve ourselves every year, not being as big a club it takes longer and relies on a lot less people.

8 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Its just the same crap from various folks every year. Theres no point debating a meaningless friendly too much further, i personally thought some of the comments were a bit shite ive said my bit and thats it for me. Certainly dont wish Dumbarton any harm but fcuksake the negativity from some of your support is mental, just think how bad it could be. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe people were just at the wind up for a joke? Jeezy peeps, chill oot.

Some of the Bankies fans' comments on the two threads are unbelievably precious. From grown men too. Funnier still that they have a bit of a reputation on the Junior forum for playing at being billy big baws because they used to be a senior side before they died (even though they were never a big team), but now they're giving it "lay off us, we're just a wee team of volunteers". Genuinely not a nasty comment from anyone on either side (and rightly so because even before Clydebank ceased to exist the rivalry between the two clubs was never remotely heated and was based on nothing more than geography) and still some of them are desperate to be offended. Should have seen it coming though after one of them went apoplectic with rage weeks before the match at the suggestion that this friendly might not feature Dumbarton's strongest XI. Strange folk.

13 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Some of the Bankies fans' comments on the two threads are unbelievably precious. From grown men too. Funnier still that they have a bit of a reputation on the Junior forum for playing at being billy big baws because they used to be a senior side before they died (even though they were never a big team), but now they're giving it "lay off us, we're just a wee team of volunteers". Genuinely not a nasty comment from anyone on either side (and rightly so because even before Clydebank ceased to exist the rivalry between the two clubs was never remotely heated and was based on nothing more than geography) and still some of them are desperate to be offended. Should have seen it coming though after one of them went apoplectic with rage weeks before the match at the suggestion that this friendly might not feature Dumbarton's strongest XI. Strange folk.

My personal favourite is the wise auld words of one fan who suggested that our Championship status might be in jeopardy this season. I suspect he had to phone Paul the Octopus for such accurate predictions.

Just now, Bankies Alive said:

It was a good run out for us as everybody got a game and we won fairly easily.I can only remember Josh having one save to make in the 1st half.

Our 1st goal was well worked and finished nothing shite about it!

Nobody has said your goal was shite?

Worse than the OF for being offended you lot.

22 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

It was a good run out for us as everybody got a game and we won fairly easily.I can only remember Josh having one save to make in the 1st half.

Our 1st goal was well worked and finished nothing shite about it!

To be honest I was too busy faffing with an umbrella to see the first goal.

That's now two goals this week I've missed because my extremely limited attention span has been taken by something else - I was posting a disgruntled message on here when Thommo equalised against Peterhead.

37 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Clydebank - offended by everything, ashamed by nothing.

Precious little souls.

What have we got to be ashamed about?

We are a fan owned and run club who were done over by crappy owners and have gone about resurrecting our club the best we can.

1 minute ago, Bankies Alive said:

We are a fan owned and run club who were done over by crappy owners and have gone about resurrecting our club the best we can.

Well...you're from Clydebank for starters ;)

3 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

You weren't just done over by crappy owners though. That was just the most recent lquidation. Clydebank FC has gone bust around 4 times and floated in and out of the Senior and Junior ranks throughout its chequered history. That club has always been a basketcase.

I see you lads still can't distinguish between jokes and serious comments.

Just to confirm and to suck the fun out of it all, it was a joke.