General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

2 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Sad for Alonso would have been a top 3 finish. Maybe he will come back next year.

I'm pretty sure Zak Brown said in an interview that they have scheduled in a few appearances for Alonso at Indy but I can't find the interview at the moment.  He was competitive and if he is serious about the triple crown then he will be back.

Well there's some drama.

Really enjoyed the whole race so far. I'm backing Sato now.

I can't see Alonso staying with Mclaren after this year, if I were him this would have especially pissed me off about the engine supplier. It's really pissed me off anyway :lol:

2 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

I'm pretty sure Zak Brown said in an interview that they have scheduled in a few appearances for Alonso at Indy but I can't find the interview at the moment.  He was competitive and if he is serious about the triple crown then he will be back.

Alonso back for the Indy 500, Fort Worth and Pocono. Look forward to that next year.

4 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

How can you not love Sato....wonderful. 

Sato is brilliant and crazy at the same time. Earlier on the onboard on Helios car as Helio tried to pass I think Davison, you just catch a glimps of Taku's car nosecone almost running into the back of Davison, could have been disaster there. Only 2 wins in Indycar and one of them the biggest race in the world, incredible. :thumsup2

8 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Sato is brilliant and crazy at the same time. Earlier on the onboard on Helios car as Helio tried to pass I think Davison, you just catch a glimps of Taku's car nosecone almost running into the back of Davison, could have been disaster there. Only 2 wins in Indycar and one of them the biggest race in the world, incredible. :thumsup2

I want to see/hear the Japanese commentary for the finish, it will be marvelous.

Love the reaction from the Japanese racing fans, I'll have look later on. I think the Sato supporters will probably be celebrating and maybe drunk to put anything up on til later

Edited by CityDave

Just watched the whole race after being out all day. Gutted for Alonso after such a strong performance until his engine went bang. Pleased for Sato who seems a genuine nice guy. Relieved for Dixie to have survived that horrendous crash and then gave his usual interview to the Doc like it was just another day!!! I love Indy.
Then I forgot to record the first hour of Coke 600 from Charlotte NC!!