General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

6 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

It must be some experience to see, as was the Daytona 500 for me. Watching the Indy build up now but don't think I'll last the whole of the Charlotte race later!

Americans are excellent at putting on big events, it's really incredible how big the event is with all the pomp and ceremony and the sheer number of people.  

Shame for him it didn't work out but he was fantastic.  
Congrats to Australian Will Power for winning the race.  
Stefan Wilsons team should have rolled the dice and left him out to see if the car would have made it

45 minutes ago, doulikefish said:
Stefan Wilsons team should have rolled the dice and left him out to see if the car would have made it

You'd like to think they must've been sure shirley.

I've just realised Aussies have won the first two races of the weekend. Trying to work out if any Nascar driver has Aussie heritage so I can put my house on it.

Edited by jimmy boo

Isle of Man TT practice started on Tuesday. First death on Wednesday night, local man (and top seed) Dan Kneen. It always shakes people up more when the rider is a well known competitor. Another well known rider, Steve Mercer, collided with the course car as it travelled to the site of Kneen's accident on the same night. A safe practice session last night though and the sun is out on the island at the moment so there should be another practice/qualifying session tonight. First race of the year is tomorrow. Michael Dunlop and Dean Harrison flying so far.

???????? The safety car at the Detroit indy race has er.........crashed
That was a beamer[emoji1]
Oriol Servia then drove the backup. Seems IndyCar got the drivers the wrong way round.
Most entertaining couple of races and pleased the forecast wet Sunday didn't materialise. Looking forward to Texas next Saturday night.

Also.....glad to see Kyle Busch not win at Pocono despite it looking on the cards when he was on a charge with fresh tyres towards the end but the usual couple of late race yellows took the wind out his sails.

On 01/06/2018 at 13:24, Margaret Thatcher said:

Isle of Man TT practice started on Tuesday. First death on Wednesday night, local man (and top seed) Dan Kneen. It always shakes people up more when the rider is a well known competitor. Another well known rider, Steve Mercer, collided with the course car as it travelled to the site of Kneen's accident on the same night. A safe practice session last night though and the sun is out on the island at the moment so there should be another practice/qualifying session tonight. First race of the year is tomorrow. Michael Dunlop and Dean Harrison flying so far.

Scottish rider Adam Lyon has died in today's Supersport race. He was a newcomer this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-44334611

• 2 weeks later...