General Motor Sport Discussion

CooCoothenoo

22 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Yes Neil is going very well. He was running up front all weekend. He runs well in Thundersport too. 

I'm just the old slow guy at the back :lol:

Nothing wrong with that, just as long as you are enjoying it🏍️🏁

9 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Love Indycar but this track in Memphis is horrifically bad...I can't be arsed staying up for the end ZZZ zzz

Fell asleep during the first red woke up about 2 hrs later and it was still red so thought I'd only dozed off for a couple of minutes didn't realise it was a new red 🤣

9 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Maverick Vinales has been withdrawn from the Austrian GP by Yamaha for what seems to be, reading between the line of their statement, intentionally trying to blow up or wreck his engine by over-revving it. Madness.

For Yamaha to come out with that statement you've got to think they have the evidence to back it up, espically since everything seems to have a sensor on it now.

Also a fair bit of annedotal evidence from journalists/photographers etc.

1 minute ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

For Yamaha to come out with that statement you've got to think they have the evidence to back it up, espically since everything seems to have a sensor on it now.

Also a fair bit of annedotal evidence from journalists/photographers etc.

A video was released on the MotoGP website showing him over-revving coming into the pits. Also his last 5 laps of the race were around 5 seconds off the pace he was previously setting, for no particular reason.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

A video was released on the MotoGP website showing him over-revving coming into the pits. Also his last 5 laps of the race were around 5 seconds off the pace he was previously setting, for no particular reason.

It looks pretty stuck on that he's self sabatoged the bike (and the rest of the season with Yamaha).....wonder if Aprillia are looking at the contract and looking for a way out?

17 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

One story I heard was that he was doing the main straight in 5th gear instead of 6th, which accounted for the time difference. Also saying that Crutchlow might get the factory bike for the British MotoGP. 

On 13/08/2021 at 15:56, Forest_Fifer said:

One story I heard was that he was doing the main straight in 5th gear instead of 6th, which accounted for the time difference. Also saying that Crutchlow might get the factory bike for the British MotoGP. 

Rumour is that Jake Dixon is getting a motogp bike for Silverstone!

Great to see Binder getting the win today, well done BB

What a great watch motogp is

Is it any surprise that Nascar are a total fucking joke at Indianapolis this weekend? Random kerb for the Xfinity race yesterday which took out numerous cars and now in the Cup race they can't get a chicane kerb right which has taken many cars out the race. Fucking amateurs!!  

Absolute carnage at the start and kind of throughout Le Mans today in changeable conditions. Some laugh Buemi getting wiped out at the first turn.

Sophia Florsch using her phone in her crashed car to try and get it going again because the radio wasn't working is a new one for me.