PS4 or Xbox

Ludo*1

387 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no way Microsoft won't improve their offer after this thrashing they've been handed. Expect an improved all-round package to be announced in the coming weeks.

There's no way Microsoft won't improve their offer after this thrashing they've been handed. Expect an improved all-round package to be announced in the coming weeks.

Wouldn't be so sure. I think this could possibly be Microsoft last foray into the console war.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

For the record, you're able to delete your vote in the poll and vote again if you so wish to do so, whether you've been changed from PS4 to Xbox One or vice versa.

I'm all over the PS4, I've never had any particular affiliation to either, as I had Playstation one and 2, before getting a 360 (with a brief foray into gamecubes and dreamcasts in there somewhere), but certainly in terms of launch comparison, PS4 is my next one.

The Division launch video looks incredible as well.

PS4 wins by a country mile - sony have listened to what people want and given them it - microsoft insist on giving things people dont want or dont need.

The only EA exclusives that MS have is for timed DLC.

I don't mind waiting a bit longer for Battlefield 4 DLC if it means the machine I have is one designed for gamers, not a living room multimedia glorified blu-ray player.

Well I hoped the Xbox One would be the victor as it's what me and all my mates were intending to buy but apart from maybe the Xbox having some success in the exclusive titles (I haven't properly looked at both yet) it's obvious Sony have won that.

Agreed. RIP X Box.

Sony just basically did everything right that MS did wrong, and clearly enjoyed rubbing Bill Gates' face in it.

X Box One:

£429. No trade ins on games. Log in required.

PS4:

£325. Do what you want with your games: trade in, loan it to a mate, sell. No log in required.

X Box will lose millions of punters over this.

And I say this as someone who has loved his 360 and never thought I would buy a Playstation.

I thought it was £420 and £350 respectively? Not that it matters too much. I also thought you could trade it once on Xbox One but the person had to be on your friends' list for 30 days. Again, doesn't matter because it's still pathetic.

PS4 all the way for me, not unless Sony do something horrendous or Xbox pull something magnificent out of the bag.

The possible saving grace for MS is that all the awful features in the Xbox One can easily be removed. Worst case scenario is that the Xbox One stills sells a shitload and Sony decide to introduce all the same restrictions to the PS4. Remember how quickly online passes took off?

Looks like they won't be changing, don mattrick just said on spike "if people can't access Internet we already have a console for that called the xbox 360" I'm quite looking forward going back to PS now although I did/do still like my 360

I can. You're a die-hard Xbox fanboy.

Not really. I had a PS1 and PS2 before I got my 360 and briefly had a PS3 as well.

My 360 has been connected to internet for the entire time I've had it, I don't use LoveFilm, don't buy used games, and very rarely trade games with mates. None of that stuff bothers me. The PS just feels inferior, and PSN isn't a patch on Xbox Live.

I reckon One will still win the battle in the two markets that matter - the US and the UK.

You've got to applaud Amazon for their effort with this one:

Amazon.png

In fairness, past experience has taught me to pre-order every console as early as possible and just cancel what I don't want. I pre-ordered both - looks like I'll be cancelling the pre-order for the Xbox one (and this from someone who had never owned a PS console).

Not really. I had a PS1 and PS2 before I got my 360 and briefly had a PS3 as well. 

My 360 has been connected to internet for the entire time I've had it, I don't use LoveFilm, don't buy used games, and very rarely trade games with mates. None of that stuff bothers me. The PS just feels inferior, and PSN isn't a patch on Xbox Live. 

I reckon One will still win the battle in the two markets that matter - the US and the UK.

So Xbox fanboy yeah?

Archived