Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

I'll be honest. I'm shiteing it big time. Let's look at the facts:

We're in decent form (4th best in SPL going by last 6 matches) and have come off the back of some good performances.

Hearts have been awful of late losing all of their last five, including against us.

Change of manager causing more uncertainty.

Mad Vlad is offski too, meaning yet more turmoil over their future.

We're probably going to be the bookies favourites.

All points to one thing, I'm afraid. I've been around and supported Saints long enough to have seen it all pan out like this before on numerous occasions.

Want to just hand them the cup just now :P ?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest. I'm shiteing it big time. Let's look at the facts:

We're in decent form (4th best in SPL going by last 6 matches) and have come off the back of some good performances.

Hearts have been awful of late losing all of their last five, including against us.

Change of manager causing more uncertainty.

Mad Vlad is offski too, meaning yet more turmoil over their future.

We're probably going to be the bookies favourites.

All points to one thing, I'm afraid. I've been around and supported Saints long enough to have seen it all pan out like this before on numerous occasions.

I too have similar fears as nothing is ever a sure thing with St Mirren.

Saying that...we were favourites to beat Hamilton (as far as I can remember) in the Challenge Cup Final and we finished the job. Also pre-match against Rangers in the League Cup we definitely weren't odds on to win - it was just the manner of the loss which was so galling.

At the end of the day we were never going to be a million miles away from Hearts in terms of chance to win - it could go either way. In fact, the William Hill website has Hearts as favourites at the moment (Hearts - 4/7, St Mirren 5/4).

Is Scott Robinson suspended? I know he got sent off in the semi but his name isn't on the suspension list, while Zaliukas correctly is (although that's obviously irrelevant).

Take it he was sent off for a bad challenge that gets an automatic suspension in all competitions?

Is Scott Robinson suspended? I know he got sent off in the semi but his name isn't on the suspension list, while Zaliukas correctly is (although that's obviously irrelevant).

Take it he was sent off for a bad challenge that gets an automatic suspension in all competitions?

He is out for the season,another in a long list of bad injuries :(

He is out for the season,another in a long list of bad injuries :(

Oh well, renders my question irrelevant!

Sadly you now have someone competent in charge who realises playing a front two is a good idea. No surprise to see Sutton in scoring form again. Him and Ngoo will be a real handful for us. At least you've ended your long winless run, instead you'll have the new manager bounce!

As much as I'll come across as a bitter and twisted Hibby (which might well be true), Thomson made a big error at a crucial time in the last cup final. I think there is enough evidence that we don't have to debate that the penalty he gave was a foul outside the box.

Now he's given the next available cup final. Putting any perceived bias aside, should there not be consequences when a referee gets a big decision wrong? Do they work without fear of scrutiny?

I see st mirren have to sell a certain amount soon or tickets are handed back to hearts.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=21217

My thought are that the organisation of these ticket sales seem to be from

the outside a total joke. They should have been on sale soon after

the final was known. People who may have went pretty much decide

to go early or not at all.

Not blaming the clubs as they seem to have received tickets very late

for this was it 3 weeks before the game ?

As much as I'll come across as a bitter and twisted Hibby (which might well be true), Thomson made a big error at a crucial time in the last cup final. I think there is enough evidence that we don't have to debate that the penalty he gave was a foul outside the box.

Now he's given the next available cup final. Putting any perceived bias aside, should there not be consequences when a referee gets a big decision wrong? Do they work without fear of scrutiny?

Who do you think should be the referee then? Willie Collum? Iain Brines? There's not much choice in Scottish football.

He definitely got the award of the penalty wrong, however got the sending off absolutely correct, the rest of the game was refereed pretty much to standard apart from the penalty he didn't award us later on which looked a stonewaller, all other contentious decisions could be argued really.

I see st mirren have to sell a certain amount soon or tickets are handed back to hearts.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=21217

My thought are that the organisation of these ticket sales seem to be from

the outside a total joke. They should have been on sale soon after

the final was known. People who may have went pretty much decide

to go early or not at all.

Not blaming the clubs as they seem to have received tickets very late

for this was it 3 weeks before the game ?

It's been a farce, I was expecting the tickets to be printed up the week after the semi finals were decided and to go on sale as soon as possible, but for them to go on sale only last week for us is incredible, talk about fucking it up Scottish style!

So are we just ignoring that it was the linesman who said it was in the box then?

Archived