Heart of Midlothian vs St Mirren

SEETHING

Who do you think should be the referee then? Willie Collum? Iain Brines? There's not much choice in Scottish football.

It's a fair point. I'm just a little surprised that he's given the next available final.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He definitely got the award of the penalty wrong, however got the sending off absolutely correct, the rest of the game was refereed pretty much to standard apart from the penalty he didn't award us later on which looked a stonewaller, all other contentious decisions could be argued really.

It's been a farce, I was expecting the tickets to be printed up the week after the semi finals were decided and to go on sale as soon as possible, but for them to go on sale only last week for us is incredible, talk about fucking it up Scottish style!

I've got my own thoughts as to his refereeing performance that day but I'll keep them to myself.

So are we just ignoring that it was the linesman who said it was in the box then?

Was it? In any case it is still Thompson's decision to make and he had a perfect view of it.

But honestly bud, I don't want to get into any debates about his decisions in the cup final. I'm sure my opinions will differ from yours, I can live with that.

He definitely got the award of the penalty wrong, however got the sending off absolutely correct, the rest of the game was refereed pretty much to standard apart from the penalty he didn't award us later on which looked a stonewaller, all other contentious decisions could be argued really.

What about Ian Blacks flying elbow on Griffiths when the game was evenly poised?

What about Ian Blacks flying elbow on Griffiths when the game was evenly poised?

Does it really matter? :lol:. It was evenly poised for about 2 minutes but that doesn't matter either.

I don't understand why Hibs fans are coming into a Hearts cup final thread moaning about the guy who refereed the final when Hearts beat Hibs 5-1.

I wouldn't be showing face at all unless its after the game and Hearts lose. Even if that does happen they'll just say 5-1 and Bale smug face you's to death :P

Some great mind games going on at the moment. We play a crazy team selection last night so Hearts can't get an idea of how we'll play or a chance to see how their defence does against Goncalves.

Their response? Sack their manager, meaning there's a fair chance they'll use different tactics and players at Hampden.

Well played Hearts. Your move Danny.

And so it continues. Danny fields a ridiculous line up that sees us throw away a winning position to gift the bottom team their first win in months, thus arguably making us underdogs for the final and shifting the pressure onto Hearts.

Good move but as Hearts will have a new boss by March 17 and the new manager bounce I hope he has one more trick up his sleeve.

I havent read the thread so if it has been posted before ,apologies,but anyone going through by train should be aware that there are engineering works going on between Edinburgh and Glasgow so the journey will take approx one and a half hours

Hearts are getting another 3,500 tickets (sections B5, B6, B7 and B8 in the West Stand). I'd imagine there will be about 30,000 Jambos, 15,000 Buddies and the rest will mostly be suits and those in hospitality etc.

This is more or less the final allocations:

2s6trw5.gif

What's this I'm hearing about Saints chairman Stuart Gilmour complaining about the ticket allocation?

St Mirren have sold their full allocation thus far, totalling 14,000. Instead of receiving the next batch of West Stand tickets we were due, these have been given to Hearts. Who havent even sold their initial allocation yet. (I have no doubt they will)

West Stand tickets are £20/£10. We have instead been given 2,000 South Stand tickets at £30.

St Mirren have sold their full allocation thus far, totalling 14,000. Instead of receiving the next batch of West Stand tickets we were due, these have been given to Hearts. Who havent even sold their initial allocation yet. (I have no doubt they will)

West Stand tickets are £20/£10. We have instead been given 2,000 South Stand tickets at £30.

I can see why he's pissed off, to be fair.

I can see why he's pissed off, to be fair.

Yeah. It's a pretty disgraceful f**k up by the SFL. They had the 3,500 tickets earmarked for us on the provision that we sold our initial 14,000 allocation, which we duly have, yet have still given Hearts the remaining 3,500. They have given us an additional 1,200 tickets for the upper south stand but the problem (and it's a major problem) is that these 1,200 tickets are both more expensive at £30 a pop, and have no price drop for concessions. Therefore, this 'family final' will now cost any St. Mirren fan who has held off on buying tickets for whatever reason, a minimum of £90 based on an adult and 2 children, rather than the £40 it would have cost had we been given those three of four sections we were earmarked for.

Even more ridiculous when you consider that the Jambos are yet to fully sell their initial allocation (though I know they will).

The ticketing situation towards St Mirren seems bizarre.

A Saints supporting family of 2 adults and 2 kids who want to buy tickets this week attend the final will have to fork out £120 for the priviledge, whilst a Hearts Supporting family of the same size will pay £60.

WTF is that all about?

Club statement on tickets: http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=21392

St Mirren Football Club were extremely disappointed to learn that the Scottish Football League (SFL) made a decision on Friday to allocate the final 3,500 West Stand tickets for the Scottish Communities League Cup Final to Hearts without our knowledge, 9 days before the Final and, especially when we understand that Hearts have not yet sold their full allocation of 25,000 tickets. These tickets had been earmarked for St Mirren supporters.

Since day one we have always requested the best for our fans, from asking for tickets in the North Stand to fair pricing for both adult and child tickets.

Since tickets went on sale we have been in regular contact with the SFL over our ticket sales. We were advised earlier this week that the SFL were considering an option to split the remaining 3,500 West Stand tickets between the two Clubs and also allocating more South Stand tickets to ourselves to make up some of the shortfall.

The decision was made to allocate the full 3,500 to Hearts without our knowledge. This information was only found out when we updated the SFL that we had just 100 tickets left late on Friday afternoon. We are bitterly disappointed that this decision has been made when there were still 9 days to go to The Final and also while Hearts do not appear to have sold their full allocation. We feel strongly that any decision on these tickets should have been delayed until closer to the Final.

We have now been informed that we are being given a further 1,200 initial allocation of debenture seats in the South Stand (Upper) but unfortunately these are priced at £30 with no child concessions. There is also a further 900 tickets in this area that will be made available should these be required.

However considering all parties felt this would be ‘The Family Final’ we are being left with no further child tickets.

Therefore anyone buying a ticket in this section for a Child should retain the ticket and we will give them a free Child ticket for the SPL match with Celtic on 31st March. Those buying Adult tickets in this section will get an adult ticket for the Celtic match for £10 to make up for the extra cost.

We would like to thank the 14,000 St Mirren fans who have bought tickets so far and apologise to those who planned to purchase tickets this week but this has been completely outwith our control as all the organisation for the match is done by The SFL.

This is a bizarre situation to say the least and one that needs an explanation from the SFL. Had it been 2 days before the match or if Hearts had sold all their initial allocation then fair enough but there is over a week to go FFS. I'd love to hear the reasons behind it If the SFL were worried about a few thousand empty seats they could have released the further allocation on a section by section basis given the time remaining. To force Saints fans to now pay £30 a head with no child or OAP reductions is a scandal !!!

The SFL were the only one of the three governing bodies to come out of the Rangers fiasco with any credit. In my eyes they've pissed that away with this absolutely ridiculous decision. It's not even as if Hearts have yet sold out their allocation.

Well done to the club for offering some form of compensation for those who end up in the more expensive seats. Far from ideal but better than nothing.

Archived