NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

There is a lot of rumours going around that they are getting released, even though they reported that they had signed a new deal at the end of last season. The NFL loves paying people off.

I am sure they will be back as independents before the season starts, back as Around the League.

Posted (edited)
On 01/07/2024 at 15:59, lichtie23 said:

Don’t know if anyone on here is a regular podcast listener but my go to podcast (Around the NFL) has mysteriously stopped! It’s been around 40 days since the last released anything. 

Gregg has announced that the show is finished. He also mentioned that he is staying with the NFL, which suggests that Dan & Marc are both out. Shite news for them, and also that the show is done because it was always a good listen.

Hopefully Dan & Marc will be in a place to set something else up in the future.

Edited by Nightmare

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Gregg has announced that the show is finished. He also mentioned that he is staying with the NFL, which suggests that Dan & Marc are both out. Shite news for them, and also that the show is done because it was always a good listen.

Hopefully Dan & Marc will be in a place to set something else up in the future.

Aye that’s sad to hear. 

nect question. Anyone got any idea where I can watch this seasons hard knocks?? Can’t find it on gamepass or SkyGo

really annoying about Around the NFL, i assumed that they would just start up again but losing Greg will hit them. 

Why o Why does a multi billion dollar company like the NFL, pay so many people off each year. 

16 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Aye that’s sad to hear. 

nect question. Anyone got any idea where I can watch this seasons hard knocks?? Can’t find it on gamepass or SkyGo

I got an off site back up copy of it as I don't have DAZN. it should be on there... right?

9 minutes ago, steelmen said:

really annoying about Around the NFL, i assumed that they would just start up again but losing Greg will hit them. 

Why o Why does a multi billion dollar company like the NFL, pay so many people off each year. 

I got an off site back up copy of it as I don't have DAZN. it should be on there... right?

Nope. Can’t find it anywhere on DAZN/gamepass 

ATN already replaced in the Podcasts app by their new show “NFL Daily”, hosted by Gregg Rosenthal and featuring other guests who were infrequent visitors to ATN it seems.

In fairness to Gregg he did address the elephant in the room of the split, and has mentioned that Dan & Marc have something in the works already and has encouraged everyone to support it.

I have to say I’m looking forward to this new project more than Gregg hosting a daily show with some random guests on it every day. For all that Gregg was a key part of the ATN setup he’s not a particularly good host, and I don’t know what the shelf-life of this will be. Good luck to all of them though.

I am looking forward to the new pod, Greg's one can get in the sea BUT I wish it was Dan and Greg, Marc is a bit weird and out there for me.

I do agree with @Nightmare Greg is not a good host and as much as I like Connie Fox, nick shook etc as guests I think it will be doing well to last the season before being canned.

I am surprised that it wasn't Dan they kept on. He was the host and had good football knowledge, i wonder if he was offered it and turned it down in solidarity only for Greg to say yes.

Just now, steelmen said:

I am looking forward to the new pod, Greg's one can get in the sea BUT I wish it was Dan and Greg, Marc is a bit weird and out there for me.

I do agree with @Nightmare Greg is not a good host and as much as I like Connie Fox, nick shook etc as guests I think it will be doing well to last the season before being canned.

I am surprised that it wasn't Dan they kept on. He was the host and had good football knowledge, i wonder if he was offered it and turned it down in solidarity only for Greg to say yes.

I think Gregg is more highly thought of at the NFL, both in terms of being invited to appear on other shows within the NFL Media empire and also through the higher profile articles he's tasked with writing in comparison to the other guys.

Dan has much more of a personality, which is probably why he works so well as the podcast host. Marc is definitely more of an enigmatic character and I can see why he's a bit marmite to some, but I think he's hilarious.

Hopefully Dan & Marc will give a better explanation of what went wrong or what happened in these last couple of months once they finally get set up on their own again.

On 08/07/2024 at 10:21, lichtie23 said:

Nope. Can’t find it anywhere on DAZN/gamepass 

Hope you've managed to get a copy of it, as I am finding it much better than the training camp version. The Camp one feels very very sanitised now, with the teams going through the motions.

For this one The Giants might be sharing a bit too much information but it is intriguing to see the scouting report meetings, the interactions with players/agents, thoughts on contracts/salary cap management. They way they tried to treat Barkley respectfully was interesting but (trying to ignore what i already know) it was always going to be tough to get him back once he got to test the market.

I thought he came across as a complete irritant when he was playing, but after watching some episodes of 'The Receiver', George Kittle really gets on my tits.

'People you dislike for no reason' kind of vibes from myself, he seems like a nice guy and a good sportsman. There's just something about him that makes him a complete fud. He also likes wrestling.

Edited by johnnydun

On 13/07/2024 at 14:12, johnnydun said:

I thought he came across as a complete irritant when he was playing, but after watching some episodes of 'The Receiver', George Kittle really gets on my tits.

'People you dislike for no reason' kind of vibes from myself, he seems like a nice guy and a good sportsman. There's just something about him that makes him a complete fud. He also likes wrestling.

He does seem a bit of a twat, although he’s the only one that has managed to stay fit so far (4 episodes in)

Amon ra st brown seems down to earth with a massive chip on his shoulder (in a good way). Hope he stays that way after he’s gotten paid.

Adams is a knob, who only cares about himself.

the wives are nowhere near as annoying as Britney maholmes.

decent season so far.

Well when you have idiot franchises like the Titans handing dross like Calvin Ridley $20mil+, you can kinda understand why he's pissed.

Again, it's this ridiculous nature of "next man up" NFL contracts. Just takes one or two stupid deals to raise the bar, and inevitably other players start asking "when is it my turn?".

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well when you have idiot franchises like the Titans handing dross like Calvin Ridley $20mil+, you can kinda understand why he's pissed.

Again, it's this ridiculous nature of "next man up" NFL contracts. Just takes one or two stupid deals to raise the bar, and inevitably other players start asking "when is it my turn?".

Pleasing that it's potentially the Titans that pushed him over the edge.

7 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Commanders heavily linked to make a move to get him