NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Is that a new site you're contributing to GingerSaint?

My sig? Aye. Just a bit of fun really to occupy myself with.

They've recently started a podcast and have had good guests including Jeff Reinebold, a college player and former WR Mark Clayton. It's called "Press Coverage", a name I came up with. 8)

Yup, like it. 9Mil, 4 years. 34Mil overall with incentives to improve to 36Mil. If he stay's healthy we are a guard away from have a very solid line. If Saffold is happy to move to RT. Heard rumours he wouldn't be but no idea if theres any truth in those. He seems a good guy and a team player. Was drafted as a RT anyway. Now bring in a vet Saftey on the cheap with the limited funds we have left and let him Stewart and two rookies fight it out for the starting spots.

Onto the draft and with only a few needs left at S OLB and oline depth we can afford to maybe take a shot at playmaker's and luxuries. I wouldnt be oppossed to goin RB early even.

Can not wait for draft day now.

Phins must hate us. First Fisher now Long. Sorry Paul :D

Cook as well he was slithering between the rams and Dolphins too. Ex-Ram Richie "15 yards" Incognito made a right twat of himself as well, pleasing.

Apparantly Mrs Long was freaked out when Incognito started cutting her head out of pic's of her and Jake and photo shopping in his own. :D

Honestly didn't think we'd land him after he left Town without a contract.

How we looking cap wise County Fan? Would assume around 2/3mil left. If the 14/15mil I read before FA was correct?

Well despite the big deal for Cook his cap number this year is only $4 mill. We created a lot of space by releasing mikell and hunter and losing Jackson... So depending on how back-loaded the Long deal is I'd speculate there still might be space for maybe a "second tier" FA.

The best thing about this particular deal is it negates the need to draft an OT early. My one-man bandwagon for Eddie Lacy is looking stronger by the day!

Edited by CountyFan

I'm expecting good things from Sam Bradford this year at last. He's the forgotten man somewhat in the NFL. Another receiver in the draft wouldn't hurt either. Possibly bring back Brandon Lloyd who he worked well with?

I would bring back Lloyd although I think I will be in the minority on that one. Character issues apparantly. Im just slightly concered that our only vet influence at reciever is third year Austin Pettis. In saying that as CF say's we only have space for one more free agent at a push and I really think we need a Saftey. Id be more concernd going into the season with no vet saftey as opposed to no vet reciever.

What's everyone's favourite NFL podcasts? Van doesn't have an aerial, so I don't have a radio, but can hook up my iPod, and looking for some good podcasts. ESPN's Football Today doesn't really do it for me.

Rich Eisen podcast and draft tracker are good

What's everyone's favourite NFL podcasts? Van doesn't have an aerial, so I don't have a radio, but can hook up my iPod, and looking for some good podcasts. ESPN's Football Today doesn't really do it for me.

Yeh I don't really like that one either. The guy who gives his opinion sounds like a fat loser. Still listen to it right enough.

As Lichtie says, Rich Eisen and NFL Draft Tracker are good. I also listen to Inside the Huddle which can be OK.

Antwan Barnes tweeted that he is signing with the Jets today. Nothing official yet though. I love this signing. If we can sign Victor Butler as well and draft Dion Jordan/Ziggy Ansah, that would be very nice.

As far as DHB goes, meh. He's just Stephen Hill. We need a good route runner that can gain separation with a solid pair of hands, like DeAndre Hopkins.

Titans release Matt Hasselbeck

Sad too see him go. Was against signing him at the time. But he played well in 2011 and nearly got us to the playoffs.

He would have been (by far) the highest paid backup QB in the league this year so it makes sense. Looks like he'll end up in Indy just like Kerry Collins. Hopefully with the same results.

We're looking at Fitzpatrick & Campbell as replacements. I'd love to sign Fitz as backup, please not Campbell. We can get him at half the price of Hass for probably an equal or better calibre QB. We have to go all in on Locker tho this season.

Sad too see him go. Was against signing him at the time. But he played well in 2011 and nearly got us to the playoffs.

He would have been (by far) the highest paid backup QB in the league this year so it makes sense. Looks like he'll end up in Indy just like Kerry Collins. Hopefully with the same results.

We're looking at Fitzpatrick & Campbell as replacements. I'd love to sign Fitz as backup, please not Campbell. We can get him at half the price of Hass for probably an equal or better calibre QB. We have to go all in on Locker tho this season.

How long do you think Locker has to prove himself? Good draft class of QB's next year. Similar situation with Gabbert, Ponder, Freeman and maybe even Weeden. If they don't perform, is it time to go in a different direction?