NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

we all laughed when the fins fans said they were going to win the division....... :o

that was horrible but great to sign off with a win and stumble through 2 divisional games with money from the bookies to boot. Smith looks a raw talent who will come good.

By christ we need gronk and amendola back asap. i shudder to think what kind of a record we would have playing like that for the season.

Not sure about Smith. He was honking and cost his team the game with three almost identically bad passes for interceptions. They were running the ball well too.

Couldn't even say defences were on top, offences just made bad, bad mistakes and play selections. The punters had more touches than anyone barring Edelman.

Here's hoping there is more entertainment on Sunday. I'm thinking redzone session.

#FootballHeaven :D

For me that Jets line of -10 was easy money, so much so I didn't put any on!

I though Geno was indecisive at the weekend and said as much, he's carried this forward but I think with time he gets comfortable enough with his receivers to establish a decent enough offense.(IMO)

It will be interesting to see how that progresses over the season.

Already looking like a very competitive season all round. Close games everywhere.

Sickening. The Pats were terrible. The defense completely shut down the run game and limited them to 13 points (3 of which came of a turnover in our own end zone) and we still didn't win.

Geno Smith is wildly inconsistent. He flashes talent and attributes that you need to have to be a successful QB. However, on the next play he'll under throw a wide open receiver or decide not to throw it take a sack. He showed toughness and anticipation to hang in the pocket and deliver a pass to Holmes in the first half. He showed good ball placement and decision making on a throw to Clyde Gates where he dropped it in the end zone. He threw 3 poorly thrown balls for interceptions which directly cost us 6 points - one INT in the red zone and another in our own red zone giving the Pats 1st and Goal. He needs to get rid of the ball quicker or use his legs to escape the pocket. Sometimes he forgets he has them.

We had success running the ball with Chris Ivory. He is a tough runner and turns 2 yard stops into 6 yard gains. I love Bilal Powell more than most Jets fans but you have to give the ball to the playmakers. Powell did a great job on picking up blitzes this week and on draw plays (seemed like an awful lot) but you never get the feeling he's going to break off a 20 yard run. We've seen it plenty of times from Ivory before. We really missed Jeremy Kerley. Clyde Gates drops would have all been secured by Kerley. He's a security blanket on 3rd down and manageable's and is our most consistent receiver.

Sickening.

Things I took away from the game

Tom Brady is a grumpy b*****d

Grumpy? If that had been me throwing to those stump handed donkeys they wouldn't have made it to the locker room alive. Lucky for them Hernandez is no longer around.

Having slept on it my thoughts are

- we are 2-0 in the division. At one point last year we were 2-3 and comfortably made post season. When we get key personnel back we will win games. September/October might be painful but we will be fine in the long run.

-the jets see D will see them ok and smith will do enough good things behind good protection to post wins. I see them a touch under.500

Edited by invergowrie arab

I know it seems obvious to say, but you have really missed Gronkowski in these first two weeks. 3rd downs last night and missed Red Zone opportunities in both games would have been converted by Brady just throwing in his general direction.

I know it seems obvious to say, but you have really missed Gronkowski in these first two weeks. 3rd downs last night and missed Red Zone opportunities in both games would have been converted by Brady just throwing in his general direction.

True and by having various receiving options you create the space for others and take the pressure off them a bit. I dont know if it was lack of sleep but i was awffy close to meltdown territory last night :lol:

TBH after the last 5 days, after waiting months and getting so excited, i'm just glad there is a good wee while to the next game and I can relax and just enjoy some football on sunday.