NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

The team as is can win the division. With or without gronk 1 postseason game is as much as I would hope for this year.

I would tell him he is in this week or on IR. BB doesn't seem the type to be fucked about which is what is making it even more bizarre

He came back too early last season and injured his arm. Out for 12 weeks or never playing 16 games in his career through niggling injuries?

Fair enough if it's as simple as that but his team mates seem to think he is ready to go.

If I'm fair to gronk it's not just last year he was forced back early but the year before he played a superbowl he shouldn't have been any part of.maybe he reckons he is entitled to independent medical advice and doesn't trust the pats medical team to put his health first.

Isn't that why NFL players and boxers and the like are paid like they are, due to the fact it will have a negative affect on their health?

Gronk needs to grow a pair and get out there. My fantasy team needs him.

Your not alone.carrying gronk and amendola was always going to be a hit or a fucking miss.

Seethin

Jake Locker wanting to start this weekend's game. A couple of limited practice's in a knee-brace but surely he must still be doubtful?

Gronk's agent appointed his doctor, I read. The physician is a knee expert so goodness knows how he can keep Gronk out because of a bad arm? :P

post-1545-0-62451300-1382048145_thumb.pn

"Hiya Rob!"

Edited by jagfox43

I'm not sure what to make of this Locker story. We're on a bye week 8 so why not give him the extra two weeks. Saying that Fitztragic has been awful in what turned out to be two very winnable games with the way our defense played.

Munchak has to win this season and a home game against the Niners is very winnable. Obviously 4-3 is better than 3-4 going into the bye. But if Locker isn't completely ready and gets hurt again I don't think it's worth the risk. Our schedule after the bye looks very good on paper....@Rams, v Jaguars, v Colts, @ Raiders, @ Colts, @ Broncos, v Cardinals, @ Jaguars, v Texans. We could easily go 7-2 and make the playoffs.

I guess the difference is that Locker wants too play. He may be rested by his coaches, but at least he is showing willing.

Gronk has been running full practices for weeks and is nowhere near starting due to his recalsitrance. What could be the reasons for his behaviour? Agent trying to force a move? Lost his bottle? He is actually injured?

I guess the difference is that Locker wants too play. He may be rested by his coaches, but at least he is showing willing.

Gronk has been running full practices for weeks and is nowhere near starting due to his recalsitrance. What could be the reasons for his behaviour? Agent trying to force a move? Lost his bottle? He is actually injured?

He rushed back from injury last time and doesn't want to cause further damage. I'd be very very surprised if he was angling for a move.

f**k sake man. I had to google that word.

He rushed back from injury last time and doesn't want to cause further damage. I'd be very very surprised if he was angling for a move.

I find it hard to believe the nonsense Belichick allows his recent tight ends to get away with. Your not believing he had no idea what Hernandez was up to, obviously he didn't know he was killing people but he would have been aware of his general lifestyle. He lets Gronk party like a rock star and then pull this shit.

I've always sorta admired his 'no player is bigger than the team unless you're called Brady' attitude.

Did they have any big performing tight ends when they were winning superbowls?

I find it hard to believe the nonsense Belichick allows his recent tight ends to get away with. Your not believing he had no idea what Hernandez was up to, obviously he didn't know he was killing people but he would have been aware of his general lifestyle. He lets Gronk party like a rock star and then pull this shit.

I've always sorta admired his 'no player is bigger than the team unless you're called Brady' attitude.

Did they have any big performing tight ends when they were winning superbowls?

They fell in the draft because of these issues that are coming to light now (injury concerns and murderous natures). Unsurprising to some. Just like Danny Amendola. Who knew he would be injured for most of the season? Everybody.

Pats had Danny graham who was a good player but certainly wasn't one of the stars. I don't think tight ends were as big a deal back then as they are now.

I don't think BB would give a shit what Hernandez was doing out of office hours as long as he was doing his job on the field.he has a successful record of taking on players who have been trouble elsewhere and getting them to put in a shift.

They fell in the draft because of these issues that are coming to light now (injury concerns and murderous natures). Unsurprising to some. Just like Danny Amendola. Who knew he would be injured for most of the season? Everybody.

Yeah, letting Welker walk and signing Amendola seems a strange one.

That's my point tho', he had no problem hanging Welker out. I remember him not being played at the start of last season. Christ the guy has had 100 reception seasons for how many years?

Yeah, letting Welker walk and signing Amendola seems a strange one.

That's my point tho', he had no problem hanging Welker out. I remember him not being played at the start of last season. Christ the guy has had 100 reception seasons for how many years?

He's a genius. You can't question him.

He didn't let Welker go because he didn't rate him. It was money. If amendola stays healthy Welker isn't a huge loss.of course amendola staying healthy is something no one thought would happen.however, you can't account for injuries like last Sundays.

You can question BB for wee decisions here and there. What you can't question him on is putting out consistently winning teams. It reminds me off folk who used to criticise Alex Ferguson when Chelsea and arsenal were winning theirs odd titles.every tme he would come back and make the critics eat their words.