NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

http://m.torontosun.com/2013/10/11/adrian-petersons-son-allegedly-beaten-unconscious

A terrible and wicked act by the alleged perp. Seems he has previous for Domestic Abuse. I trust he will spend the majority of his remaining days behind bars.

It seems that the child was not known to Peterson until recently and it seems he will return to his team for solace.

post-1545-0-25256800-1381529217.jpeg

Rest in peace.

Edited by jagfox43

Just the Pats being all secretive about his recovery time and such. Not unlike them I suppose.

At this rate Hernandez will be back suited up and playing before the Gronk :whistle

This is how he makes me feel

tumblr_msoe38lVQb1rezzono1_r1_500.gif

This is what I intend to do

tumblr_ms0xzgWVES1sfwumuo1_500.gif

This is what I end up thinking

tumblr_mmqxk7QKrt1rcy99do1_500.gif

Kristen Stewart in Welcome to the Rileys with Tony Soprano. Way underrated film.

AP's son has now passed away. Sickening. Some Carolina safety is going to get the full force of his anger.

Can't believe he plays. If he does. Just .........

I don't care if the bitch tricked him or whatever. That's his son and he has the means to make sure he's decently cared for.

Heard a few things about AP being a dick but it seems to have been glossed over cos he heals quick and can play football.

Did Torrey smith not do something similar last season? Think he had a 2 TD game after brothers death?

That's right, I definitely remember him grabbing one at least. That was actually quite a sad one when they showed the locker room talk and all that stuff.

Full report on ESPN

Tight end Rob Gronkowski's continued absence from the New England Patriots' lineup has escalated tension among teammates who have begun questioning him about why he's not playing and left some wondering if he intends to play at all this season, according to multiple sources.

"There's curiosity and resentment, and he's creating it by going out and kicking ass during the week and then he doesn't show up on game day and help the team win," one source said.

Gronkowski is expected to miss his sixth game Sunday because of multiple offseason surgeries on his fractured left forearm. He has not been cleared by third-party physician Dr. James Andrews, whose involvement suggests trust issues exist between the team and player over his medical condition and readiness to play.

Gronkowski first had surgery last season, returned with a metal plate in his arm and fractured the same forearm in the playoffs, then required two more surgeries while enduring an infection that complicated the healing process.

He might be concerned that another similar injury could threaten his NFL career.

Teammates, coaches and other members of the organization have watched Gronkowski practice fully for weeks -- this week he was described as dominant as New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham while taking 50 reps a day on the scout team -- and yet he has not been available on a game day.

Teammates and coaches have seen him run patterns, catch passes, use his arm to pass protect, run block and to separate from defenders at the line of scrimmage, and they doubt a doctor would allow so much contact if there remained serious concern about the health of his forearm.

They are having difficulty reconciling seeing Gronkowski perform like that and then not take the field with them for the games.

"If he's not playing in games, he damn sure should not be doing what he is in practice," said the same source who mentioned resentment.

With the Patriots entering Sunday's game against the high-scoring Saints off a defeat to the Bengals in which New England scored the fewest points of the Tom Brady Era, teammates have begun to express their frustration directly to Gronkowski. Sources say the Patriots locker room has become increasingly uncomfortable for the tight end.

There are people in the organization who question whether Gronkowski intends to ever play this season.

"Whatever is holding him back now isn't going to be healed in two weeks, because there's nothing wrong with the arm," the source said.

The Patriots opted to keep Gronkowski on their 53-man roster rather than place him on the physically-unable-to-perform list so he could play before Week 7.

Now that apparently won't happen, meaning coach Bill Belichick failed to get full value out of Gronkowski's roster spot, although the player has been eligible to practice -- and his performance while doing so has questions swirling in the Patriots' locker room.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...gland-patriots

I can't get my head around what is going on here but it's fucking annoying me now.