NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Texans cut 3 rookies drafted this year for "breaking team rules" before the Kansas game. DE Sam Montgomery (a third round pick), LB Willie Jefferson and RB Cierre Wood (both undrafted rookies). What exactly "breaking team rules" actually means, who knows. Rumours of narcotics and/or prostitutes. Who knows though.

Cushing and Foster both being injured in addition to Schaub, Daniels and a few others means the Texans are dropping like flies. The season's a goner.

Positively though, I reckon with the bye week and two more weeks under his belt Keenum will become more effective. Certainly regardless of Schaub's fitness, I'd stick with him (Keenum that is). Why the hell not?

Smoking cigars in a hotel room by all accounts

Stayed up last night to watch the colts. Made it to the half and was confident of holding out against Payton, finished my viewing this afternoon. The D was excellent and when all the shouting was over, the score actually flattered the Broncos.

So much for that over-rated QB guy that the colts drafted. :rolleyes:

Reggie looks to be out for the season so now is the time for all these talented catchers that the Colts have traded/drafted to step up. Luck loses his comfort blanket though. Luckily it looks like the rest of our division is hell bent on staying under the .500 :thumsup2

I likes Montgomery coming out of college. Hope he finds a team to take a chance on him.

If it's who I think it is and the guy from LSU who was destructive with Mingo then he was a hell of a talent. Heard he was a complete dick on campus and that's why he went in the 3rd even tho he had 1st round potential.

There is also the Beautiful Irony of the Patriots bitching about losing because of an obscure rule.

I was thinking exactly the same earlier. A refereeing decision broke our season last year, if anyone remembers a ghost hold deep into the fourth I think which earned the Pats a new set of downs.

ESPN saying there was marijuana in the cigars

Seems to be what the majority of stories are saying. Apparently Montgomery has history with this. Still a bold move to punt them all over this.

I wish the Titans could be as kind as the Jets and let Fitzpatrick leave.

To think there were Titans fans wanting him to start over Locker at the start of the season.

We should maul the Rams in week 9 after our bye but I just know Fisher will have our number. It's written in the stars.