NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

I can understand shutting RG3 down for the season but why did we keep playing him and against 2 of the best defences in the league as well. Cousins threw 2 interceptions against the Falcons last year but hopefully we get to see what he's made of and if he does well hopefully we can get a trade for him or RG3.

Cousins might save or sink Shanahan and it's a shame that we can't bench the defence

RG3 will be inactive. Old man Grossman backs up Cousins this week. I actually think it's a good decision. He was understandably rushed back at the start of the season hoping for an Adrian Peterson like return. Didn't work and now they are going to have a top 3 pick at least. Oh wait, no they won't... :lol:

Here's a question for you Sloop. Cousins come's in and play's decent. Well enough to win you one or two. Puts up 25/30 points a game. 300 yards, 2 TD's, 1 int a game. Would you seriously consider trading RGIII? If so, whats the minimum you take? For me there's no way you could do that after what you gave up for him, but just interested to know what a Skin thinks.

Here's a question for you Sloop. Cousins come's in and play's decent. Well enough to win you one or two. Puts up 25/30 points a game. 300 yards, 2 TD's, 1 int a game. Would you seriously consider trading RGIII? If so, whats the minimum you take? For me there's no way you could do that after what you gave up for him, but just interested to know what a Skin thinks.

The media are reporting the situation as Shanahan trying to get fired so Snyder pays him $7 million that's left in his deal and Synder is going to let him play Cousins. The way these things go, if Cousins plays well then there is a prospect of a QB controversy but Shanahan isn't really fussed about next year.

RG3 and Cousins are trapped in the middle of a storm which is engulfing the entire team.

The media are reporting the situation as Shanahan trying to get fired so Snyder pays him $7 million that's left in his deal and Synder is going to let him play Cousins. The way these things go, if Cousins plays well then there is a prospect of a QB controversy but Shanahan isn't really fussed about next year.

RG3 and Cousins are trapped in the middle of a storm which is engulfing the entire team.

Yeah a lot of talk about him wanting to be sacked, surely he is no longer doing his job though and would get a whole lot of FA if he gets chopped. Dropping your 'star' QB for health reasons is something I'm sure could be disproven by the owners if need be.

Yeah a lot of talk about him wanting to be sacked, surely he is no longer doing his job though and would get a whole lot of FA if he gets chopped. Dropping your 'star' QB for health reasons is something I'm sure could be disproven by the owners if need be.

We'll see considering it's only $7 million which is spare change really for him and seems very detrimental atm.

Interesting article on RG3 technique

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/wp/2013/12/11/cooley-cousins-a-better-pocket-passer-than-rgiii/

The guys over at the Washington post sports section really know their stuff, always get a good football related piece from them.

I think even last season Cousins showed he was the better pocket passer of the two when he stepped in to replace rg3, the thing is there's not a great selection of targets outside of Pierre garcon and Jordan reed for him to hit and expect them to do something, the team was built around Griffins other talents.

Do you think the rest of the team support him dropping Griffin? Might they consider trading him if they can get a first round pick? If they did would Cousins be the man of the house or would they try and draft one of the more mobile guys coming out in the draft?

Game in philadelphia on with like 4 inches of snow on the turf, Galatasaray Juve game called off due to a light dusting of snow :lol:

Haha, that's funny, except for the fact that they weren't allowed to kick the ball in the Lions - Eagles game, and they have a tee to use...and that's the only time the ball is on the "ground".

Edited by Mr. Brightside