NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

If I were given the choice of Wentz or Garoppolo as Denver’s new QB, I’d have taken Jimmy G every day of the week. So would Mrs Poz, but honestly, I have no idea what she’s seeing there. [emoji12]
I'd prefer Garoppolo, but then he is a Bears fan and always seems to beat the Packers [emoji6]

11 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Mack's brother said he was playing with a broken foot last year.

Hopefully he's healthier this year, AFC West is going to be an exciting watch (NFC North is already pretty much decided by comparison).

Well the Bears are eating the dead money, so if he can't stay healthy the Chargers can cut him outright and it doesn't cost them anything. Ok, it's cost them a 2nd round pick, but I think that's well worth the gamble for a player who is easily a top 10 pass rusher and a team that's really in 'win now' mode.

Well the Bears are eating the dead money, so if he can't stay healthy the Chargers can cut him outright and it doesn't cost them anything. Ok, it's cost them a 2nd round pick, but I think that's well worth the gamble for a player who is easily a top 10 pass rusher and a team that's really in 'win now' mode.
What are your needs now? DT, IOL, TE, maybe CB?

50 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:
1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

What are your needs now? DT, IOL, TE, maybe CB?

Top priorities RT, run stopping DT, and a starting Corner of some description. Lesser needs but still holes are TE, secondary RB to spell Ekeler, and possibly another ILB because I'm not sold on Drue Tranquil as a starter and Kenneth Murray looks every part the colossal bust. A lot depends on whether they can bring back their own FA's, Nwosu and Kyzir White in particular. White's almost a must sign because he's the only dependable ILB on the roster. He really improved in Staley's scheme last season. Other things I think they can look for is a home-run WR, a kick returner, and possibly a replacement punter because Ty Long is garbage. They've definitely met with Araiza. If Nwosu leaves then depth at DE/OLB is still a concern, Bosa and Mack the obvious starters, but beyond that there's not a lot on the roster. Kyler Fackrell is FA, and he's a 'meh' player at best. Chris Rumph has talent, but he's a development project and probably at least a year or two away from being solid yet. He still looks like a Safety playing DE and really can't be on the field if there's any threat of a run. They need to resign Dustin Hopkins as well.

I think Hicks and Sebastian Joseph-Day are two likely targets for LAC. 

Jackson is stupidly talented but he can't stay healthy. He was really uncanny vision and balance. If he was ever able to play a full season as a feature back he's easily a 1000 yard 15 touchdown talent, he just can't play more than two or three games in a row. Chargers really need to unearth a between the tackles/move the pile type from somewhere, because both Joshua Kelly and Larry Roundtree are practice squad calibre at best.

Edited by Boo Khaki

I think Hicks and Sebastian Joseph-Day are two likely targets for LAC. 
Jackson is stupidly talented but he can't stay healthy. He was really uncanny vision and balance. If he was ever able to play a full season as a feature back he's easily a 1000 yard 15 touchdown talent, he just can't play more than two or three games in a row. Chargers really need to unearth a between the tackles/move the pile type from somewhere, because both Joshua Kelly and Larry Roundtree are practice squad calibre at best.
Jackson would likely be the 3rd down back for us. Ideally would like a relatively cheap RB, that can catch the ball.

Giovani Bernard and Ty Montgomery 2 less exciting options.

Poles has said he wants players that will he on the field and has so far been cutting players that struggle to stay healthy.

Deshaun Watson has no legal case to answer so he'll be off somewhere new for this season 
Has a no trade clause, so can choose between various suitors.

Favourites are the Seahawks and Panthers.

Others linked are Eagles, Buccs, Saints (in spite of Cap hell), Browns (and Buccs could possibly trade for Mayfield) or Steelers.

Presumably they wouldn't consider trading him to the Colts and not heard of any Vikes interest in him.

On 11/03/2022 at 21:32, Brummie Clyde said:

Jackson would likely be the 3rd down back for us. Ideally would like a relatively cheap RB, that can catch the ball.

Giovani Bernard and Ty Montgomery 2 less exciting options.

Poles has said he wants players that will he on the field and has so far been cutting players that struggle to stay healthy.

Jackson really isn't a 3rd down back at all. His hands are very ordinary, and he nothing more than competent in blitz pickup and pass pro. There's a reason Ekeler sees all the passing downs. Jackson is a runner first and foremost, which is why his lack of health is such a limiting factor. If he was just coming in on 3rd down to catch the ball you could probably cotton wool him a bit, but that's not the type of back he is. If he could carry the ball 6-10 times a game and play 17 games a season we wouldn't be looking for a backup to Ekeler because Jackson does what we need from the 2nd back more than adequately, the problem is availability, not lack of talent or being unsuited to the role.

I was trying to think of any significant NFL record that Brady doesn't own that he might be reaching for. He has the most passing yards, touchdowns, wins (regular season, playoff and Super Bowl) already. The only one I could think of is most games but those are owned by a bunch of kickers who can play forever and he would need to play into his 50's to overtake.

I sense he wants to end it with another with another ring but he his already the oldest player ever to do that as well.