Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well tough. They live here, therefore have a right to vote. It would be wrong to deny them the vote!

Thank you for your reply, but I disagree.

They only live here for certain amounts at a time, and will more than likely leave for good when they finish their studies. They're only going to vote because they're desperate for us to stay part of their union, and are probably trying to wind us up as well. #nototheoutsidestudentvote

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for your reply, but I disagree.

They only live here for certain amounts at a time, and will more than likely leave for good when they finish their studies. They're only going to vote because they're desperate for us to stay part of their union, and are probably trying to wind us up as well. #nototheoutsidestudentvote

This is not always the case. Plenty of English people are inclined towards voting for independence when they know what is going on, and NI really depends on what side they are from. Its a bit simplistic to say they will all vote union, and as I said, they DO live in Scotland.

This is not always the case. Plenty of English people are inclined towards voting for independence when they know what is going on, and NI really depends on what side they are from. Its a bit simplistic to say they will all vote union, and as I said, they DO live in Scotland.

All the ones I've spoken to have been patronising unionist wind-up merchants. I'd say they study in Scotland, and stay here temporarily - the majority of them don't properly live here. Their parents don't even pay council tax for them.

Unlike you, I don't feel the need to make comments about appearance, personality, or personal life. Always the post. And my, how right I am!

Liar.

Liar.

He has been increasingly irritable over the past few months.

I expect to see this continue for a long time now. And I expect the terrible personal attacks that I simply can't handle to continue.

I'm ever so upset.

Hold me.

I expect to see this continue for a long time now. And I expect the terrible personal attacks that I simply can't handle to continue.

I'm ever so upset.

Hold me.

:lol:

Yep. One of my best mates is from Cambridge, now living in Edinburgh. Ever since devolution, he reckons he's had much less anti English stuff. He's voting yes. His missus, Scottish, is voting no. It's all quite touching.

Just had a wee read through the Scampy/winning/XBL drivel from last night. WTF was that all about?

The bunker mentality in full swing there waiting for Mr Rational to bring news back from the frontline.

Keep me out of this please, I just like to post the odd wee comment here and there.

It's not serious stuff. I think labours won both council by elections btw. Heard stuff from someone over there in Fife, gut feeling about Gilmerton as the count is at 9.30 today. Shame as I know how hard Derek has worked, the monkey has done sweet fa, although labour did start canvassing when Tom, the councillor that died, was seriously ill. Pretty low, but it's a rough game.

Tryfield, evidence?

I'm ever so upset.

Hold me.

What personal attacks? You can provide examples of these, right?

Looks like there is no prospect of any party getting an overall majority at the next Holyrood sand pit playfest election. Which also means no more referendum pish too.

True, but then again, it won't matter after we win next year :P

. While a potential No vote in the referendum will damage the SNP massively,

Only if they allow it to.

It's already been established that voting in General Elections and Scottish Elections differ wildly. And the referendum will see the SNP smashed, whilst it's odds on I would say that (unless they completely fold in on themselves) that the SNP will be the largest party in the next Scottish election post referendum beasting.

I certainly intend to vote SNP again in the next Holyrood election.

NI really depends on what side they are from.

Interesting - seen that a lot? My ex is from Belfast and I found the NI attitude to be similar to the one elsewhere which was more one of disbelief/amusement but admittedly that was a fairly middle-of-the-road crowd. By and large I find English colleagues the more informed and more accepting that there is a chance it could happen, though I can still detect most think a yes vote is an "I hate England" vote. Most surprising person to trot out the too poor, too wee line was actually from the Republic and is one of the hardcore 'Irish by grace of God' brigade. Would have expected them to be right behind it. Maybe they're thinking 90 years on that they are too poor and too wee now. :D

I would bet good money thar Savage Henry, David W, Adam Wee, and Banterman86 have voted Labour. Don't know if they have outed themselves, but I got a feeling...

Utterly, utterly clueless.

Utterly, utterly clueless.

I even voted SNP for the list bit at the last Holyrood thing. They are bland and dull and they're not Labour. The less Labour goons around, the better.

Archived