Independence - how would you vote?

Wee Bully

Independence - how would you vote  

1,135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps H_B could fill out some very straightforward country/state identifiers for each of the below failed states:

Czechoslovakia: ______ state containing ____ countries.

Yugoslavia: _______ state containing ______ (this is tricky) countries.

CDU: _______ state containing _________ (excluding the failed statelet, very straightforward) countries.

It depends on your definition of country.

There is no singular definition of country. I consider Scotland to be a nation, and I only regard countries with international law personality to be countries.

I only regard countries with international law personality to be countries.

How convenient.

Unfortunately this isn't cheeseandchateauneufdupape.com though, so your international law posturing isn't going to pass muster.

It depends on your definition of country.

There is no singular definition of country. I consider Scotland to be a nation, and I only regard countries with international law personality to be countries.

Awful lot of ambiguity there. I hope it is reflected in your other posts on this matter?

Your country is in the EU.

The UK is your country.

The UK is currently in the EU. Scotland is not.

Scotland aren't in the EU.

Nope. Scots are in the EU though.

Ah.

How convenient.

Unfortunately this isn't cheeseandchateauneufdupape.com though, so your international law posturing isn't going to pass muster.

Your problem (if it is a problem to you) is hoping Scotland votes for Independence,otherwise you remain Scottish and British/UK-er.

Your problem (if it is a problem to you) is hoping Scotland votes for Independence,otherwise you remain Scottish and British/UK-er.

Dictating the nationality of others died out in western Europe in 1945, champ. Unlucky.

How convenient.

This isn't an international law point. International law doesn't seek to prescriptively define a "country".

When I am schooling you on international law again, I'll be sure to tell you ;)

Awful lot of ambiguity there. I hope it is reflected in your other posts on this matter?

All of what I have said there is correct.

Scotland isn't an EU member. The UK is an EU member. Scots are EU citizens by virtue of being UK subjects.

Post secession Scotland will have to apply for EU membership. The UK will retain its existing EU membership.

Dictating the nationality of others died out in western Europe in 1945, champ. Unlucky.

I'm just pointing out a fact,just so you know your democratic place,Northern Britain.

If Scotland votes to leave the Union then fair enough.

In the meantime sunshine, you're British.

And lets not forget this!

Kevin Pringle ‏@KevinJPringle 30m

SNP by-election survey of 19,183 voters in #Donside on #indyref - Yes 34%, No 29%, DK 37%: no #Yes majority yet, but all to play for in 2014

Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Amusing as it is to watch HB do the hokey cokey, that poll is exactly along the lines that I've been describing things for a long time. Awfully soft no vote there...

Some terrible posters emerging on both sides of the debate recently. Although DeeGas still remains as the worst of the lot.

I wonder how many of them are Paulo Sergio characters. This #WINNING appears to be PS. The GIF's give it away.

:) Was'nt this supposed to be the post card script to an equally boring Highland friend :rolleyes:

All of what I have said there is correct.

Scotland isn't an EU member. The UK is an EU member. Scots are EU citizens by virtue of being UK subjects.

Post secession Scotland will have to apply for EU membership. The UK will retain its existing EU membership.

My passport says I'm a citizen, not a subject. Indeed: Briton's haven't been 'subjects' since the early 1980s.

Cheers anyway.

Archived