BBC Radio Scotland - Sportsound

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derek Ferguson is the worst of them. He talks like an seven year old giving a presentation to their class, he's a fucking cretin.

Could not have put it better.

Reminds me of Derek Johnstone hosting Football First, only more wooden.

If anyone wants to shut down Sportsound and send the likes of Dodds and Preston back to the golf course just ban the word 'quality'.

They'd be lost without it.

They are needing a radio one style clear out young blood needed........zoomers like VT and his gang should apply....also isnt Pat Nevin turning into a smug sycophantic w****r, the King of the Kings road with no clothes.

According to the guy at the Hamilton v Falkirk game someone got booked for reminiscing with the referee!

Ah that lovely summer day they shared down by the banks of the loch, the trees swaying , the pretty flowers.....

The problem with having ex-footballers as pundits is two fold. Firstly, they are thick as pig shit, and secondly they will never criticise anyone within the game because they either know them or will encounter them in the future.

"That's half-time at Dens Park. It's Dundee 0 - Celtic 3 (sorry, Dees fans). Billy Dodds, what will John Brown be saying to his players during the interval?"

Just the kind of punditry we need. I've heard some daft stuff from Dodds, but his 'Calvary charge' from a few months broke then took the entire packet of biscuits.

Derek Ferguson is the worst of them. He talks like an seven year old giving a presentation to their class, he's a fucking cretin.

Could not have put it better.

Reminds me of Derek Johnstone hosting Football First, only more wooden.

"From me Derek Johnstone, a very very, bye for now" - actually happened.

The product is poor, and the media don't half market it atrociously. Guys like Chic Young, Gordon Dalziel (an utter buffoon), Dodds, John Robertson, Jim Duffy, Andy Walker (right on the edge of a breakdown by the sounds of it)...the list is sizeable, will never make our football seem anything more than 3rd rate. It makes Jackie Bird and the Hogmanay crowd look like a Hollywood production.

It's abysmal, terrible to listen to, insulting to non-OF intelligence and overly reliant on very basic trivial stats and mind numbing cliches.

Why was James McPake on Sportscene?

Whilst Derek Ferguson's Mensa application is obviously still on hold, and he is totally wooden reading from his script, I think he actually sounds as if he enjoys watching the games. He also seems not to mind covering non SPL games.

The presenter that drives me nuts is Murder McLeod who only surfaces for Celtic matches. I also hate his constant "you look at it" catchphrase.

Agree with this totally. "Murdo" is a cretin

Chic Young is also a cretin,

I actually don't mind Doddsy. Every programme needs a stupid one and he fills this role perfectly

You've clearly forgotten the dark days of Sandra 'token' Brown reporting from Palmerston/wherever Queens of the fucking South played that Saturday: screaming like a banshee whenever her team got a throw-in at the half-way line.<br /> <br />Could be worse. Was worse. <br />

She'll probably be back on air if we go up next season. Sandra is still at every home game in the press box, just with no microphone.

Anyone missing Sandra can hear her dulcet tones on some of our OS post match interview podcasts.

Edited: iPhone app <br> nonsense

Who the fucks James McPake ?

The best centre back ever to play in the SPL, if you listen to Hibs fans.

Everyone else can see that he's absolutely rancid, but that's just bitterness apparently.

Archived