ICW deserves a thread on its own (have I missed it)

RRFC2711

Liam Thomson on commentary not long ago was great.

I can understand the muting with Grado. The entrance needs the theme music. And they simply can't use the theme music on the On Demand service. They tried a new theme with him once and needless to say, it did NOT go down well.

Just one of those things they need to deal with.

Indeed, and they can afford to pay the rights. I'm afraid we'll just have to live with this while ICW still grows until it can afford such things. Hardly a huge deal in the scheme of things.

In ICW news, Drew is returning on the 6th of December at the Garage. Will be interesting to hear what he has to say. The GZRS are challenging for the Tag Titles on the same show.

The muting of the entrances and the commentary are the main reasons I don't subscribe to the online service. It's extremely low rent. As has been mentioned, Kirkwood is hilariously miscast as lead announcer. He should be a heel colour guy, playing off a straight play-by-play guy.

I sympathise with them re the rights to the songs but it just totally takes you out of the show. Think I'll keep attending live until they sort out the online stuff.

Don't know what people expect from the service when it is only like 4quid a month.

The actual streaming quality is outstanding and constantly banging out new fresh content.

I dare say one or two of the people who refuse to subscribe (not just on here, in general), don't have a problem seeding or leeching the ICW content on XWT.

The service is fine. Things like copyrighted music being covered up is understandable for a small promotion.

Shite commentators is something they need to deal with if they want people to continue subscribing though - it can actually ruin the enjoyment of a good product, same as it does in WWE.

Don't know what people expect from the service when it is only like 4quid a month.

The actual streaming quality is outstanding and constantly banging out new fresh content.

I dare say one or two of the people who refuse to subscribe (not just on here, in general), don't have a problem seeding or leeching the ICW content on XWT.

The service is fine. Things like copyrighted music being covered up is understandable for a small promotion.

Shite commentators is something they need to deal with if they want people to continue subscribing though - it can actually ruin the enjoyment of a good product, same as it does in WWE.

Yep I find the service decent value for money, but would agree they need to change up the commentary as its one of the few things wrong with the company, albeit for the majority who just attend the live shows its a non-existent issue just now. I'd honestly look at bringing someone in from the outside with actual commentating experience and an interest in wrestling to work with Kirkwood.

Edited by Snakebite

I've never not paid to watch ICW. Either bought a ticket or watched online, although that was only once or twice.

A wrestling match in isolation is not worth paying for. I enjoy the full presentation, so the storylines, the entrances, the announcing. Since the online service doesn't provide that for me, I choose not to watch it.

I disagree, one thing I've noticed is criticism isn't very welcome on their social media etc. About a year ago I criticised a decision to feed a regular to a one shot visiting attraction and was attacked from all sides, including the ICW Facebook account. I suspect they won't like criticism of Kirkwood at all.

I disagree, one thing I've noticed is criticism isn't very welcome on their social media etc. About a year ago I criticised a decision to feed a regular to a one shot visiting attraction and was attacked from all sides, including the ICW Facebook account. I suspect they won't like criticism of Kirkwood at all.

If you actually speak to Dallas, hes quite approachable, but he gets so many messages, e-mails and so on, you don't know if he'd ever see it.

I do agree though, I think there is a few boys though who are involved with ICW, in ring talent and otherwise who are getting a little bit big headed. Suppose that's to be expected with the success of the company, unfortunately. His right hand man, Mr NAK is one of them in my opinion.

Edited by Snakebite