Dundee United 2013/14 Season

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soccer AM yesterday morning - 'TAXI FOR GUNNING'. Superb stuff.

They could make a Taxi rank out of Gunning's f**k ups this year. Unlucky for you he won't be playing for us next year otherwise you might have been on the end of one of his gifts.

Excellent news, especially with regards to Dow. The longer there was nothing new to report about him signing on, the more I was getting concerned that talks had stalled or that he might be tempted to get a fresh start somewhere else where he could be guaranteed regular game time. Hopefully he'll celebrate it by getting us a goal in the final.

And it's good we've still got McCallum for down the line. He wasn't overly impressive against Aberdeen last week but the defence didn't help him much either and he's still young for a goalkeeper so plenty of time for improvement yet.

McCallum has potential as well I reckon, though looked like he was on tenner ectos against Aberdeen, admittedly.

Meh, I'm not a big fan of young keepers being kept around with some expectation of them making the grade. They hang around as backups for years, then fcuk off as they're always behind some new signing with experience. Rado, Pernis, Lukas, Weaver, Mad Monk, Banks, Stillie. Young players who've been ultimately rejected as backups - Samson, MacLean, and I'm expecting the same with McCallum.

Delighted with Dow, much deserved. I have very much been a Dow convert. I never really rated him and I felt that he lacked something to become an important player but he has shown in the last few months that he does have a little bit of a spark and he works very hard for the team.

The McCallum contract will surely be as much about saving money on getting another backup keeper as it is about having a good young prospect at the club. If you have a number 1 that will be with you for a while then you can save money by giving your younger keepers contracts that will not cost a fortune.

This years supporters match is at Tannadice, a week today. Hopefully some of P&B's resident posters from either club can attend. Should be another great nights football with us looking to repeat our victory from last years inaugural challenge match. This was mentioned during half time at last nights home game to Aberdeen so the more people aware of it happening, the better

Shameless bump....

Todays papers -http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/dundee-and-united-fans-in-derby-showdown-for-charity-1.367167

Get yer erses along and cheer on the Tangerines on the 31st anniversary of beating Dundee 2-1 to win our only league title

Shameless bump....

Todays papers -http://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/news/local/dundee-and-united-fans-in-derby-showdown-for-charity-1.367167

Get yer erses along and cheer on the Tangerines on the 31st anniversary of beating Dundee 2-1 to win our only league title

Very sporting of United to give Dundee a fighting chance by only fielding 5 players.

Very sporting of United to give Dundee a fighting chance by only fielding 5 players.

Its the type of club we are. Thats last years pic and it didnt do them much good as we were 5 up with 10 mins to go!

Archived