Dundee United 2013/14 Season

I think utd have enough to think about just now.

Car crash defending and players losing the plot all over the pitch on Tuesday .

St J playing well.

How to set out what should be the cup final squad away to Celtic on Sunday for celtic's "getting the trophy party."

Now f@ckimg Blackpool come tapping up the manager. Guess their season is over but they've not noticed ours isn't !

Sounds like they have clearly been told to GTF and Jackie is concentrating on the job in hand of getting Gunning , Souttar and Robertson in the right frame of mind and conjuring up the ability to defend a cross would be pretty handy too !

No cup final nerves building here !

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They never actually approached Houston though, did they?

They asked to speak to him, were granted permission, they then never bothered :lol: it was all very strange!

From the Groucho Marx school of logic.

He said: I dont have a bad word to say about the club. In fact, Id go as far as to say I could see why the job might interest an ambitious young manager like Jackie."

Fucking hell. You would go that far Barry?

Oh lord, risky click...

The internet link equivalent of a danger ride.

I would imagine Jackie will do to us what he did to Thistle at the drop of a hat but I'd be utterly amazed if it were to this dying husk of a club.

English football fans do tend to be incredibly well informed about Scottish football so I'm going to assume that they are fulsome in their praise of McNamara and the scintillating style of football for which his teams are rightly renowned. Right?

As said above McNamara will have no qualms about leaving when the time is right (who would?) but this certainly isn't it. You can't see United finishing worse than 4th next year and depending on who they keep/sign they should at least be aiming for 3rd. That and a Scottish Cup on his cv would look pretty handy.

English football fans do tend to be incredibly well informed about Scottish football so I'm going to assume that they are fulsome in their praise of McNamara and the scintillating style of football for which his teams are rightly renowned. Right?

To be fair most of them seem rather realistic, think chasing McNamara is unrealistic and is just posturing by Oyston and don't think an ambitious young manager would want the job.

As said above McNamara will have no qualms about leaving when the time is right (who would?) but this certainly isn't it. You can't see United finishing worse than 4th next year and depending on who they keep/sign they should at least be aiming for 3rd. That and a Scottish Cup on his cv would look pretty handy.

Aye he'll eventually leave for better things or he'll be punted. Any United fan with any sense will surely hope it's the former.

Russell set up the winner in the playoff semi the other night and seemed to play well from what I saw of it. Not sure how highly they rate him down there but he seems to rarely play a full match, though this may be down to injuries.

Apparently the Blackpool chairman has taken the huff at us going public over their approach for McNamara.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2624768/Blackpool-end-Jackie-McNamara-Dundee-United-public-pursuit.html

Pleasing :thumsup2

‘I’m always disappointed when any club makes public something which really should not be made public,’ he said. ‘I like to do things properly and sometimes you think that doing things properly is the single worst thing you can do in football. Because this is what happens.

‘The only way you can know if the manager of another club might be interested in joining you is by having a conversation with his club.

‘A conversation is not the same as a job offer. So it generally turns me off hugely if I cannot have a conversation with his club without that private conversation being made public.

‘So, in answer to your question, I have absolutely no interest in conducting a public pursuit in the manager of Dundee United.’

Yeah he definitely did things properly.

It would have been so wrong to wait until next Sunday when the season was actually over and we didn't have a cup final to worry about. We should definitely issue him with a formal apology.

Can't be arsed with the multi-quote option but where has all this 'take £250k for jackie mac and run' thought process come from?

i'm more than happy with the job he's done so far....

Kids gettin the chance to play regularly AND getting better as a result.

We're far better this season than last.

Lower league players to be signed over the summer....

We know that there are more kids that are as exciting as gauld/robertson (Souttar/spark/petrie) ready to make the step up into the first team and that they will be given the chance to play next season. Aye, I agree he'll be off as soon as the right offer comes up-whether we accept the approach or not--although decent bit of politik played by Stevie T--but, from where i sit, just now there is now better option for utd than Jackie Mac.

The only issue, i have so far, is that we don't seem to have an answer for teams that play like St. Johnstone do against us. Given that we've had 6 weeks to figure out how to play against them then i would hope that Jackie has figured it out and we'll win easily next week, right?

Right?

Right?

Archived