Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

BBC England's headline Celtic Thrashed In Champions League

BBC Scotland's headline Legia Give Celtic A Mountain To Climb

Good old BBC Glasgow. Covering up the truth about the bigot brothers really is second nature to them.

I'm far more interested in Scottish football regaining some sort of reputation in Europe,yes I love celtic to get pumped by anybody...yes without the 10 to 15 million they will struggle to attract players to the club,probably needing to sell as has happened in the past couple of seasons,yes it may bring them closer to the pack but if our top clubs cannot attract or even retain their best players the league is going to suffer in quality... But never mind it will be competitive....

I'm far more interested in Scottish football regaining some sort of reputation in Europe,yes I love celtic to get pumped by anybody...yes without the 10 to 15 million they will struggle to attract players to the club,probably needing to sell as has happened in the past couple of seasons,yes it may bring them closer to the pack but if our top clubs cannot attract or even retain their best players the league is going to suffer in quality... But never mind it will be competitive....

Celtic's line up might suffer in quality - that's all. And what's not to like about that?

How about we have a more even domestic set-up and a less wealthy Celtic are forced to focus more on developing their own talent, rather than buying it from abroad?

Our club game no longer has any reputation in Europe, nor can it?

I couldn't care less what others think. I live here and watch our games and I want our game to be competitive, varied and therefore interesting.

The Commonwealth Games mascot Clyde has more history than The Sevco.

Epic fail.

If we're a new club why do you still hate us so much? Why aren't you all handing that pathetic and disingenuous hand of friendship to us like you do to every other club?

Don't bother answering, I don't really care.

I'd rather see a more competitive league than Celtic walk it every year.

Typical sheep worrier (and any other Scottish football fan for that matter). Instead of wanting all of your clubs to improve in order to close the gap you'd rather the better teams got worse.

Aim high, buddy.

That being said, great result last night.

Edited by DM5

Right enough. We need Celtic to be reaching the last sixteen of the Champions League every year. We need the old-style Rangers back too. We need an Old Firm guaranteed one-two finish every year again. We need the Scottish press to only care about Celtic v Rangers games again, and we need Celtic and Rangers to hoover up all the cash, and all the home grown talent again. Like the old days.... When a conveyor belt ran from Easter Road in particular to Glasgow.

That's what we need. Where do we sign?

Typical sheep worrier or other Scottish football fan. Instead of wanting all of your clubs to improve in order to close the gap you'd rather the better teams got worse.

Absurd and ludicrous.

Suggesting that the others just somehow get better and acquire more accomplished players than can a side with ten times their spending power is juvenile pish.

Cute that two of Cetic's main apologists on here are Rangers fans though.

At least your being honest about the pantomime nature of your rivalry.

If we're a new club why do you still hate us so much? Why aren't you all handing that pathetic and disingenuous hand of friendship to us like you do to every other club?

Ach, it's an open discussion forum, can't I bother answering? I don't hate anyone, but I dislike the Sevco Franchise because your manager is a gobshite cnut, many of your supporters are gobshite cnuts, you are run by spivs, and, well, basically you are cnuts.

The club died, not the fans. Therefore it's perfectly acceptable to pish ourselves laughing at the new club, and continue to look down on, despise and laugh at its disgusting and cretinous support.

Oh, and you most certainly do care, or you'd not have bothered clicking "post".

:)

Celtic, or indeed rangers when they used to play in European competition, really is a win-win for us diddy fans IMO. If they do well, then it helps the coefficient which in turn helps other clubs in European competition. If they do hilariously badly, as they have in this case, then we all get to point and laugh.

I expected more pointing, laughing and ripping the pish banter ... depressing really.

3 - 0 at Parkhead is not out of the question. I had no sustainable net connection so didn't get to see the horror show. Could anyone tell me is it feasible that we could turn this around at home .. or was it just that bad ?

I think you'll find it is..................................... :rolleyes:

Celtic, or indeed rangers when they used to play in European competition, really is a win-win for us diddy fans IMO. If they do well, then it helps the coefficient which in turn helps other clubs in European competition. If they do hilariously badly, as they have in this case, then we all get to point and laugh.

Nope, it's only a win for us if they do this hilariously badly.

The co-efficient thing is a red herring. The relative financial benefit of a CL run blasts any minor benefit for anyone else from the water.

I expected more pointing, laughing and ripping the pish banter ... depressing really.

3 - 0 at Parkhead is not out of the question. I had no sustainable net connection so didn't get to see the horror show. Could anyone tell me is it feasible that we could turn this around at home .. or was it just that bad ?

It was just that bad

If you score a try at Murrayfield and keep a clean sheet then you're through.

Tell you what though. Say what you like about Neil Lennon, he knew what he was doing jumping from the good ship Sellik when he did.

A bit like Sir Minty getting out of dodge for a shiny pound coin...

Superb timing.

Were you to busy reading about rangers on the 12 rangers related tabs you had for taking a break from reading the downfall for possibly the 90th time?

We all takes shots at other teams, I'm no different.

But there seems to be an argument here around the CL etc that what Scottish football needs is failure. Failure is good, failure makes us all the same, failure will lead to competition and excitement.

Can anyone point me at a single instance where that has worked? If that is the thinking then we really are screwed and the ' failure is good' people will have helped it along the way.

We all takes shots at other teams, I'm no different.

But there seems to be an argument here around the CL etc that what Scottish football needs is failure. Failure is good, failure makes us all the same, failure will lead to competition and excitement.

Can anyone point me at a single instance where that has worked? If that is the thinking then we really are screwed and the ' failure is good' people will have helped it along the way.

You have to take into consideration that we are a small country with two disproportionally large clubs, who have, for a long time, held all the power, the titles, the massive amounts of supporters, the wealth, and the press interest. Between them, they acted as a cartel, rendering any challenge toothless.

In other smallish European leagues there are usually three bigger clubs, who don't attract disproportionally large crowds from all areas of their country, in many instances based on religious upbringing. Holland has Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord. Portugal has Porto, Sporting, and Benfica..... etc, etc, etc.

When it looked like Real Madrid and Barcelona were going to rule Spanish football forever, as they hoovered up all other club's best players, supporters at another club held up a banner saying 'Please no, not another Scottish league'.

Fans of diddy teams have been shat on by the 'Old Firm' for year after year. When Hearts managed to qualify for the Champions League, far from wanting them to fail, a few Hibbies aside, I'm sure most of us wanted them to succeed and reach the group stages.

Until Rangers implosion, 'Old Firm' fans enjoyed an almost un-interrupted diet of European Champions League football, shared 25 years of titles, won tons of cups, reached UEFA finals, and won probably 99% of all domestic games....

I'm fcuked if I'm rooting for either of them to win even more games. Anywhere, anytime, in any competition.

You have to take into consideration that we are a small country with two disproportionally large clubs, who have, for a long time, held all the power, the titles, the massive amounts of supporters, the wealth, and the press interest. Between them, they acted as a cartel, rendering any challenge toothless.

In other smallish European leagues there are usually three bigger clubs, who don't attract disproportionally large crowds from all areas of their country, in many instances based on religious upbringing. Holland has Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord. Portugal has Porto, Sporting, and Benfica..... etc, etc, etc.

When it looked like Real Madrid and Barcelona were going to rule Spanish football forever, as they hoovered up all other club's best players, supporters at another club held up a banner saying 'Please no, not another Scottish league'.

Fans of diddy teams have been shat on by the 'Old Firm' for year after year. When Hearts managed to qualify for the Champions League, far from wanting them to fail, a few Hibbies aside, I'm sure most of us wanted them to succeed and reach the group stages.

Until Rangers implosion, 'Old Firm' fans enjoyed an almost un-interrupted diet of European Champions League football, shared 25 years of titles, won tons of cups, reached UEFA finals, and won probably 99% of all domestic games....

I'm fcuked if I'm rooting for either of them to win even more games. Anywhere, anytime, in any competition.

Good post and it explains more or less the 'heart' part of why I welcome such failure for the OF. Celtic have treated the Scottish game with scornful contempt for years. Why the Hell should we wish them well in such a context?

There's also a big 'head' reason too though which I've been prattling on about already. Our game is hideously distorted in terms of resources. To welcome this situation being hugely exacerbated is simply bonkers.

Edited by Monkey Tennis