Commonwealth Games 2014

mrcat1990

Anyone else had their conformation come through today?

Got Weightlifting (final) Lawn Bowls and Judo (finals), on the 1st weekend... Gymnastics in midweek... plus Squash and Table Tennis (both finals), on the 2nd weekend... so fairly pleased with that.

Missed-out on Swimming, Cycling, Boxing and Netball (final) but those were all higher demand so not a massive surprise.

Seemingly anyone who got nothing gets first-dibs in the second tranche - which might be a touch controversial, as with London 2012, where you get people who just took an outside punt at the 100m final having advantage over someone who put in for a few events and only got one lowly one. Then people allocated tickets now get second-dibs. Then whatever's left goes on general sale.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent. I saw Athletics at London 2012 - and have been to Hampden plenty times - so didn't put in for is this time.

With both Games, I was quite organised and thought out a strategy when applying... which I think helped land a decent 'package' of events... but it was also a balancing act: of putting in for more than you'd really want in the realisation some were longshots, but not overdoing it incase most came-off.

Pleased with the end result.

Got 1 ticket for the Triathlon and 1 for wrestling. That's it - gutted as I am a massive track and field fan and really wanted to see either the 5k or 10k race as I run those distances all the time myself.

Didn't even get tickets for the 7s!

applied for 1 tiket to:gymnastics,table tennis,boxing(all just qualifiers,no finals) and the athletics with the 100m final.didnt expect to be successful for the athletics but only getting the boxing out of the other 3?pish.shades of euro 2000 qualifier i suspect

as a matter of interest,does anyone know if each application has been dealt with in its entirity?or can you expect to hear over several emails over the next couple of days,even if all your tickets were applied for in one go?

applied for 1 tiket to:gymnastics,table tennis,boxing(all just qualifiers,no finals) and the athletics with the 100m final.didnt expect to be successful for the athletics but only getting the boxing out of the other 3?pish.shades of euro 2000 qualifier i suspect

as a matter of interest,does anyone know if each application has been dealt with in its entirity?or can you expect to hear over several emails over the next couple of days,even if all your tickets were applied for in one go?

If you applied for the tickets on one application then you'll find out in the same email.

Got around half of my ticket request - disappointed to miss out on swimming and cycling.

Did get tickets for badminton, weightlifting, wrestling and athletics so fairly happy with my lot.

Got 1 session of Mountain Biking and Track Cycling and a mate has a 7s ticket for me too. Missed out on all the athletics which I really wanted to see, but sounds like I haven't done too badly!

Worth mentioning that in the London 2012 draw I got nada, and when I finally got onto the website for the 'second round' nothing was left. Despite that I got to loads of events- even busy ones like Tennis. If you have nothing, there is still opportunities as resales and corporate returns come online.

As noted by TheNaitch, the E-mail you got is the only one you'll get. You will now have an opportunity in the second stage of the 2nd tranche - since you got tickets to something you won't be in the first stage for what is left, but you will have a chance, before the remaining tickets are thrown open to general sale on a first-come-first-serve basis.

In that respect, you're a bit unlucky, as I alluded to in one of my earlier posts - if you had got nothing at all you'd maybe have been in a better position to get a few good things. That happened to me with London 2012... I'd applied sensibly for a few events, although quite cautiously, and got nothing. A friend of mine got nothing: except a session of Greco-Roman Wrestling. Due to that I was in the first stage of the 2nd tranche and got a few decent things, while he was in the second stage, and so didn't.

Worth mentioning that in the London 2012 draw I got nada, and when I finally got onto the website for the 'second round' nothing was left. Despite that I got to loads of events- even busy ones like Tennis. If you have nothing, there is still opportunities as resales and corporate returns come online.

I was reading that unlike London 2012 they haven't committed to a resales process yet - although that doesn't mean "No" of course it means "Maybe". Seems if they do have one it'll be more limited than London where you could put all or any part of your tickets back into the market.

Archived