Commonwealth Games 2014

mrcat1990

As noted by TheNaitch, the E-mail you got is the only one you'll get. You will now have an opportunity in the second stage of the 2nd tranche - since you got tickets to something you won't be in the first stage for what is left, but you will have a chance, before the remaining tickets are thrown open to general sale on a first-come-first-serve basis.

In that respect, you're a bit unlucky, as I alluded to in one of my earlier posts - if you had got nothing at all you'd maybe have been in a better position to get a few good things. That happened to me with London 2012... I'd applied sensibly for a few events, although quite cautiously, and got nothing. A friend of mine got nothing: except a session of Greco-Roman Wrestling. Due to that I was in the first stage of the 2nd tranche and got a few decent things, while he was in the second stage, and so didn't.

I was reading that unlike London 2012 they haven't committed to a resales process yet - although that doesn't mean "No" of course it means "Maybe". Seems if they do have one it'll be more limited than London where you could put all or any part of your tickets back into the market.

thanks for the replies re. whether or not any further emails will be forthcoming.

whenever i apply for tickets where theres a ballot i always seem to be unsuccessful-this,uefa finals '07 and '08,CL final '02.tbh,though,if thats as unlucky as life gets for me im getting off pretty lightly in the grand scheme of things!

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the replies re. whether or not any further emails will be forthcoming.

whenever i apply for tickets where theres a ballot i always seem to be unsuccessful-this,uefa finals '07 and '08,CL final '02.tbh,though,if thats as unlucky as life gets for me im getting off pretty lightly in the grand scheme of things!

I see this morning that BBC Scotland have latched onto some people complaining on social media about applying for several events - only to get nothing, while friends applied for several events and got multiples of them. This is a potential criticism of the system and the same was in place at London 2012. You can criticise it because everyone applying for an oversubscribed price category goes into a random ballot... so if you apply for 4 events you might be unlucky in 4 random draws, and your friend might apply for the same 4 events and be lucky in all 4 draws. (EDIT: In context, I suspect I was only successful in 1-3 of 5-7 random draws overall).

Suppose it's possible that running the draw so that everyone possible gets 1 event... then again until everyone possible gets 2 events... and so on, is too complicated. It's also the case that in London they didn't want to do that as they thought lots of people who got 1 event would've decided not to come in the end... particularly if it was a fairly non-inspiring event or on a weekday... as it was known throughout there was re-sales.

No e-mail today for me today. :thumbsdown:thumbsdown

Dying to know, mainly so I can splurge on gig tickets.

From what they said on the news last night everyone should hear by tomorrow. Check your spam E-mail box too in case it's gone in there.

As noted by TheNaitch, the E-mail you got is the only one you'll get. You will now have an opportunity in the second stage of the 2nd tranche - since you got tickets to something you won't be in the first stage for what is left, but you will have a chance, before the remaining tickets are thrown open to general sale on a first-come-first-serve basis.

In that respect, you're a bit unlucky, as I alluded to in one of my earlier posts - if you had got nothing at all you'd maybe have been in a better position to get a few good things. That happened to me with London 2012... I'd applied sensibly for a few events, although quite cautiously, and got nothing. A friend of mine got nothing: except a session of Greco-Roman Wrestling. Due to that I was in the first stage of the 2nd tranche and got a few decent things, while he was in the second stage, and so didn't.

I was reading that unlike London 2012 they haven't committed to a resales process yet - although that doesn't mean "No" of course it means "Maybe". Seems if they do have one it'll be more limited than London where you could put all or any part of your tickets back into the market.

There will be resales of foreign agencies that return unsold tickets I'd suspect, plus like London further sales once seating layouts of venues are confirmed.

I'd also say the problem is the categories. Taking a punt here but I suspect people who got multiple tickets went for expensive tickets, whereas the cheaper seats were probably oversold 200-300%.

My folks got 100m and 5000m finals tickets. Managed to get 4 tickets for the 5000m but the couple they planned on going with have cancelled. 2 tickets going cost price if anyone's interested.

Would be very interested in these - which price band is it in.

I see they've released details of the 2nd phase of ticket sales...

Those who got NO tickets from the first ballot can buy leftovers from Monday the 21st, those who got some of their requests can buy from Wednesday the 23rd and those who got ALL their requested tickets can buy extra from Friday the 25th.

Anyone who didn't bother applying first time around can buy anything that's left from the week after that.

I see they've released details of the 2nd phase of ticket sales...

Those who got NO tickets from the first ballot can buy leftovers from Monday the 21st, those who got some of their requests can buy from Wednesday the 23rd and those who got ALL their requested tickets can buy extra from Friday the 25th.

Anyone who didn't bother applying first time around can buy anything that's left from the week after that.

this whole process has been miserable,doubt ill bother.ill travel down to see the cycling road race if i can and thatll be me.a mate of mine was going to do his summer hols around the games and applied for £600 worth of tickets,he got heehaw

• 3 weeks later...

Second stage of ticketing opens tomorrow, it seems the timetable is as follows:

* from tomorrow (Monday) at 10am - those who applied in R1 but got nothing

* from Wednesday at 10am - those who applied in R1 and got some things

* from Friday at 10am - those who applied in R1 and got everything

Apparently, contrary to what I thought, it will be like London 2012 and be 'first-come-first-served'.

There's a list of ticket availability statuses here:

http://www.glasgow2014.com/tickets/ticket-availability

Managed to get tickets for the Athletics, Rugby 7s and Womans Hockey. Almost talked myself into closing ceremony tickets but couldnt justify the £80 a pop price tag.

I might go back for some netball if they are available nearer the time

Managed to get tickets for the Athletics, Rugby 7s and Womans Hockey.  Almost talked myself into closing ceremony tickets but couldnt justify the £80 a pop price tag.

I might go back for some netball if they are available nearer the time

What price categories are left for the athletics? I am going to try (probably in vain) to get some on Wednesday.

Only the 28th morning session left and I think by now it's only the top two categories left as of this morning.

Cheers - I knew it was only that session left. Will be trying to get a few seats tomorrow for sure!

Archived