Commonwealth Games 2014

mrcat1990

I've got plenty of tickets already but fancied a look to see if there was anything worth adding... started in the queue mid-afternoon and it was still queueing after midnight at which point I had to switch-off and they were down until 1am anyway :lol:!! Have another go just now.

Currently saying:

Extra tickets for the following sports are now sold:

Aquatics: Diving
Aquatics: Swimming
Cycling: Mountain Bike
Cycling: Track
Triathlon

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got on no bother and got tickets for the rugby sevens, gymnastics and athletics. Night shift can be handy sometimes!

stuff i applied for last year and was told were sold out.just got my one ticket through i was successful for(and now dont want,no point going down for 1 event),ridiculous amount of packaging including,of course,a leaflet urging me to reduce the games carbon footprint.farcical

stuff i applied for last year and was told were sold out.

They say that the tickets being made available now are from unused corporate and overseas sales - plus from them finalising exact seating arrangements at venues. Must say, like with London 2012, I'm pretty sceptical of that. My suspicion is they hold back a spectrum of tickets - which encourages committed people to accept pricier categories/less appealling timeslots in the earlier sales windows - before shifting the remainder in the run-up.

They say that the tickets being made available now are from unused corporate and overseas sales - plus from them finalising exact seating arrangements at venues. Must say, like with London 2012, I'm pretty sceptical of that. My suspicion is they hold back a spectrum of tickets - which encourages committed people to accept pricier categories/less appealling timeslots in the earlier sales windows - before shifting the remainder in the run-up.

aye well,they can kiss my jacksey,im not going to bother

I'm annoyed too. I only got rugby 7s tickets in the ballot last year, despite applying for loads of events. Poor show. I'll go, but more interested in visiting my pals when down than in the rugby.

Lots of council staff being persuaded/coerced into volunteering to work at the games. Is this really what our Council taxes pay for?

I would post more details but I do not want to get Mrs AFJ into trouble as she has a senior managerial position with one of the councils doing this. She took her leave at the time of the games and has again been asked to work. I am proud to say she refused.

Got my tickets for the Rugby 7s final session this week. Really looking forward to it. Staying in Perth as hotels in Glasgow during the Commonwealth games are a joke, hotels that normally charge £40-60 a night are looking for £300+ a night.

Got my tickets for the Rugby 7s final session this week. Really looking forward to it. Staying in Perth as hotels in Glasgow during the Commonwealth games are a joke, hotels that normally charge £40-60 a night are looking for £300+ a night.

I've seen people renting flats for the weeks for thousands of pounds- madness!

Anyone know what the party stand at the 7s is?

Exactly what I came on here to ask! :lol: Don't know if it's just a stand where they'll sell drink (in which case I'm going there) or some forced jollity nonsense where everyone dresses up.

Just got through no bother and got Hockey tickets for the day of my birthday. Scotland v SA and India v Wales. :thumsup2

Will go back on tomorrow and hopefully get some for Athletics, Table Tennis then on friday The wife wants me to get some Gymnastics tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

Got all my tickets through the post. The Games signs are starting to go up along the streets and the Games symbol in George Square is looking smart.

I'm really looking forward to this now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived