The East Fife Thread

Am not a betting man..... learn to read, at no point did a say sign the 1st 16 players......but the best players are snapped up first fact.

Secondly at no point did a say Forfar and Arbroath are more attractive clubs, a stated there close position to the 2 dundee teams gives them a decent chance of picking up decent players from that area.

Thirdly the term 'big club' is used loosely for raith, there not in my opinion, but in most people who aren't east fife fans they are. And for most players would be more attractive.

Ok, I will bite to this well written literature piece.

You do know that Arbroath, Forfar and Raith have been around for a while and don't change locations, so what makes this season different to any other season in terms of trying to attract players?

Hopefully he can prove to be a good addition to the squad and he can take hope from Scott Mercer who was released from his parent club at the same age and used the opportunity to play every week and gain another opportunity at full time football. I wonder what Darren Young's plans are for Chris Kane now as last season of the 3 positions he played I felt he performed best at right back.

Just now, Mefil81 said:

Hopefully he can prove to be a good addition to the squad and he can take hope from Scott Mercer who was released from his parent club at the same age and used the opportunity to play every week and gain another opportunity at full time football. I wonder what Darren Young's plans are for Chris Kane now as last season of the 3 positions he played I felt he performed best at right back.

I'd imagine he'll be partnering Page unless we manage to sign Ben Gordon.

I hope to be proved wrong but Kane playing at centre back every game concerns me as he is often finds himself out of position trying to win a ball he shouldn't be the worst example was the home cup game against Edinburgh City when Pagey passed the striker onto Kane as he ran across the 18 yard line yet he for some reason rushed 10 yards forward to try and win a ball he was never reaching and the ball was slipped into the striker who is now unmarked where Kane should be and he slots it in the bottom corner and Naysmith was absolutely fuming at him.

Well that's right back area sorted in the  playing squad. I still think signing a centre back is priority on our books an area lacking mostly, Will Page be fit for the group games also...hopefully!

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

I hope to be proved wrong but Kane playing at centre back every game concerns me as he is often finds himself out of position trying to win a ball he shouldn't be the worst example was the home cup game against Edinburgh City when Pagey passed the striker onto Kane as he ran across the 18 yard line yet he for some reason rushed 10 yards forward to try and win a ball he was never reaching and the ball was slipped into the striker who is now unmarked where Kane should be and he slots it in the bottom corner and Naysmith was absolutely fuming at him.

Thought Kane was outstanding at centre back, it's his best position on the park would be more than happy with pagey and Kane at the back.

I still think we need 4 more players,a keeper,a centre half,a left mid and another experienced striker

I'd go with a center half and maybe a striker !
Overall I'm way more confident with this seasons squad rather than last years . I feel we have a great core in Duggan, pagey, slats , Wilkie and a few up and comers and it's good to have a manger that's not linked to other clubs and seems to have a focus on where he wants east fife to be !
I don't see the 2 or 3 seed in the play offs being out of the question
#monthefife