The East Fife Thread

On 4/23/2018 at 11:15, ajm11591 said:

Aye it's great value right enough watch us go down without a fight every week against teams like Arbroath etc.. 

There's a reason they haven't put the prices up because it would be the final  nail in the coffin. Crowds are already worryingly low and the feeling around the club from when Naysmith left to now is night and day, who in their right mind would pay even more money to watch 11 headless chickens run around without a game plan implemented by one of the worst managers*(and I use that term loosely) in the Scottish leagues. 

It's not secret I don't like Darren Young, he's a terrible terrible manager and it doesn't matter what anybody says the stats and league table show he's not upto it. As I mentioned on twitter after the game on Saturday if he'd had a full pre season last summer we would most likely be going down this season and if he does get to take the team into next season we will go down. 

21 points from our last 20 games is absolutely horrendous and the "real fans" everybody knows who these people are, who keep defending him and act like everything is going great are the ones costing us a chance at progressing. I don't for a second believe Brechin, Dumbarton, Arbroath, Alloa, Stranraer etc.. are bigger or better clubs than we are but under the current situation they'll continue to out perform us season after season. 

Well said that man. I couldn't have put it any better myself.

I've near enough stopped posting on this thread because quite frankly, the negatives outweigh the positives. Life is way too short for getting stressed out over a club that has employed an utter donkey for a manager. In fact I stopped going to the games months ago so feel I'm not really in a position to moan and would rather read the odd predictable post on here.

Hats off to the real fans though. If they are happy to waste an afternoon watch that feckin guff then fair play to them. They are the last of a dying breed. 

Reading all the posts, I agree that the football played at times this season has not been good, in fact we were probably fortunate to get some of the points that we did collect ie from Alloa, Arbroath, Airdrie to name but a few BUT football is in my veins, East Fife are my team and have been for decades. This will not change. Much has been said about long time fans not renewing season tickets but that is not for me. I will be buying my season ticket and can only hope that the product is better this coming season. The alternative of staying away can only be to the detriment of MY team.

Next season is massive for east fife and Darren young,we have to get it right from the start re signing players early and keeping duggan,IMO the board have to be a wee bit more adventurous in the transfer market and bring a bit of quality to the club,I fear the worst I’m afraid and if wer sitting in the bottom 2 early doors then young will get pelters if style of play doesn’t improve,will give him the benefit of a full pre season which will also help page,smith,Wilkie if he’s still here,so to the board of directors-it’s up to yous now

Surprised he's lasted this long to be honest, we've never had a manager that's fancied him, his was always the first position that a loan player would be brought in for!!!
He wasn't that bad a keeper IMO, can remember some cracking displays from him, anyway good luck Ryan lad, hope you find a Club/Manager that appreciates you!!!

Rumours that Pagey and Wilkie are away to Airdrie.

Would be very sorry to see Wilkie leave but Pagey has another year on his contract to go and Airdrie are skint!!!

Well I would suggest that they do not actually have a clue about every other PT clubs finances so probably not the greatest idea to be throwing claims like that about

They must have a clue if they’re claiming that they are offering the highest part time wages,I’ve actually heard that you’re chairman was moaning about airdrie and the wages they were offering

They must have a clue if they’re claiming that they are offering the highest part time wages,I’ve actually heard that you’re chairman was moaning about airdrie and the wages they were offering

I know the player that you’re talking about. I don’t see why we are after him and can really see why you are. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if you’ve offered more. Our chairman wasn’t moaning at all either.