The East Fife Thread

Usually a squads budget is determined by how many players you release & how many you bring in. This seasons budget has been increased by over £35k due money saved on pitch maintenance, Raith staying in our League , Raith using Bayview for friendlies & cup ties.

The money was correctly not used IMO on 37 yr old Derek Lyle but Young has to weigh up whether to use this money on 2 or 3 part time players or 1 ex full time player & loan players.
Expect some transfer dealings soon !

As I predicted earlier this morning , hopefully still room for an experienced striker although wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Shagger

McBride???

Seriously???

Scott's a decent guy, but this is up there with the Willis signing last season!!!

Waste of a contract!!!

Completely underwhelmed by that bunch of signings, we've got a second keeper, good, but another couple of squad jobbers isn't what we need or what we were hoping for IMO!!!

Seriously worried going into this season. Midfield and defence looks solid but I think we’re taking a huge gamble going into the season with the strikers we have signed up.
Court is still yet to prove himself at this level, we all know of Kev Smiths injury record and Dowds is a complete unknown for most. The jump up from the EOS to L1 is massive. Hope to be proved wrong here but can’t help but feel concerned about our chances this season.

Really not sure we needed another left sided player in McBride also. Yes he might be able to do a job for us and was decent in his last spell but is it really a position we’re short for cover in with Linton, Agnew and Watt all comfortable there? Time will tell.

Seriously worried going into this season. Midfield and defence looks solid but I think we’re taking a huge gamble going into the season with the strikers we have signed up.
Court is still yet to prove himself at this level, we all know of Kev Smiths injury record and Dowds is a complete unknown for most. The jump up from the EOS to L1 is massive. Hope to be proved wrong here but can’t help but feel concerned about our chances this season.

Really not sure we needed another left sided player in McBride also. Yes he might be able to do a job for us and was decent in his last spell but is it really a position we’re short for cover in with Linton, Agnew and Watt all comfortable there? Time will tell.

Exactly, would have thought Finn Graham or the Morton boy who played in the first couple of Friendlies would have offered more than taking a gamble on some EoS guy who may or may not be able to handle the step up, we're already taking a gamble in that position with Court!!!
I would have been Happier with having McManus back at least he's proven at this level and would have helped Court out but it looks like Court is going to have to help Dowd out???

22 minutes ago, Dave. said:

I can only speak for Aggy's time at Dumbarton, but he's absolutely never a winger - or even a wide midfielder in the mould of Ryan Conroy. He's a centre-mid or a #10, we played him deep for a season too where he was excellent at picking the ball up and spraying passes around. He doesn't have the legs, pace or dribbling ability to drive at players from out wide.

I know we were short on numbers but McBride won’t really add much, not a good signing for me and as has been said, very much like the 2nd coming of Paul Willis.

Haven’t seen Dowds, but he was banging them in for Herriot Watt, albeit at a lower level but worth a punt. Still feel we need more quality up front so hopefully we can get in a decent loan signing.

With the exception of Agnew & Meggatt this squad of players have been assembled on the cheap.
If you’d told any Fife fan 2 months ago that we’d be signing players from a relegated Albion Rovers, a player from an EoS team, a player who couldn’t get a game for a struggling Forfar team, a keeper who was unimpressive with Elgin, a distanced 3rd place League 2 Stenhousmuir Player & an untested raw reserve Raith player as 1st choice striker the Fife fans should’ve been furious but we’ve had comments of ‘excellent signings’ & ‘really happy with our transfer dealings’.
This squad may well gel & work great as a unit but the majority of signings finished below us in the League.
The players we retained I’d say Dunsmore Docherty & Linton are good enough, Watson & Kane are woeful with the ball at feet & are at best bench warmers.
Young’s tactics, formations & ability to eradicate errors will be well scrutinised this season.
Hopefully I’m wrong but I see a relegation assembled team here.

38 minutes ago, Tom Hagen said:

With the exception of Agnew & Meggatt this squad of players have been assembled on the cheap.
If you’d told any Fife fan 2 months ago that we’d be signing players from a relegated Albion Rovers, a player from an EoS team, a player who couldn’t get a game for a struggling Forfar team, a keeper who was unimpressive with Elgin, a distanced 3rd place League 2 Stenhousmuir Player & an untested raw reserve Raith player as 1st choice striker the Fife fans should’ve been furious but we’ve had comments of ‘excellent signings’ & ‘really happy with our transfer dealings’.
This squad may well gel & work great as a unit but the majority of signings finished below us in the League.
The players we retained I’d say Dunsmore Docherty & Linton are good enough, Watson & Kane are woeful with the ball at feet & are at best bench warmers.
Young’s tactics, formations & ability to eradicate errors will be well scrutinised this season.

I take it you have watched these guys in our friendlies?  Or are you a keyboard manager?

44 minutes ago, Tom Hagen said:

Please tell us what you would do differently?

where are you pulling the money from for these better players? 

You can make a player sound as good or bad as you want them to.

Telling me your not happy Thomson, Watt etc.

Come on pal really...

Striker wise we lost out to Alloa on soence and trouten. 

Cant aim much higher for part time strikers than them... both obviously had their heads turned by the championship. I don’t blame them!