The East Fife Thread

It was the right thing to do and I'm glad he saw that and resigned. We will always remember his success as a player for the Fife.

It hasn't been working out on the pitch for some time and we now need to move on and get this decision right.

Lots of people mention Campbell but I'm told he doesn't come cheap and we aren't exactly awash with cash.

1 minute ago, Fifer4Life said:

Noticed on the post there was no mention on an interm management team could we take that as an appointment is already done or is near to being done

Well I doubt it if Paul Thomson as far as I know is still there as is Lindsay Hamilton but I feel we need a clear out and some freshness in coaching department from management and deep cleaning the club is needed tbh but I'm glad McDonald has did the right thing feel it's too little too late and whoever comes in needs get the fans on board and clear out from both dugout to players needed. But again the club statement only stated the fact McDonald has resigned from his position as club manager therefore no clue but as I'm aware Thomson and Hamilton is still there so probably not a done deal it's ef were talking about.

I hope DC does rock up at East Fife one last fling at senior fitba before he retires.

What I would say now is a think DC needs a younger man helping him out along with with brother.

Just now, mo83 said:

I hope DC does rock up at East Fife one last fling at senior fitba before he retires.

What I would say now is a think DC needs a younger man helping him out along with with brother.

Probably could take Stuart Malcolm with him as first team coach was he not hired before his sacking up at arbroath? Though we do have Paul Thomson there he worked at hearts as youth coach but I feel we need deep clean of management aswell as the players.

6 minutes ago, mo83 said:

How about Ross ? 

5 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

Probably could take Stuart Malcolm with him as first team coach was he not hired before his sacking up at arbroath? Though we do have Paul Thomson there he worked at hearts as youth coach but I feel we need deep clean of management aswell as the players.

Deep cleaning doesn’t come cheap.

12 minutes ago, 1993 said:

Deep cleaning doesn’t come cheap.

That's my worry given it's east fife but it is needed! I know it not very cheap to terminate everyone but we need freshness.

Me: going gang-ho now

James May GIF by DriveTribe

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

2 hours ago, tazz1903 said:

What happened to the supporters trust ? I paid £10 for lifetime membership ? 

East Fife Supporters Society is the proper name of the Supporters Trust so you should be a member. 

According to Companies House EFSS already hold 6234 shares in EF and are the 3rd largest single shareholder.

Rankine/Twigg (Bayview Fife Ltd) as the majority shareholder hold over 102k shares.

Edited by fifer

After being thumped by Spartans on Tuesday there was absolutely no reaction to that at Elgin on Saturday. Seems McDonald not being able to motivate the players and there is ways to lose games of football but too many times this season it’s way below any standards any decent manager would command.. Thanks for your effort but after Dunbar it was just a case of when and not if. The board have given him every opportunity but you couldn’t see any improvement what so ever. Crowds dwindling and a style of football that you wouldn’t want to watch on a public park. Who knows who would be interested in a bottom half league 2 team. 

It was a strange appointment at the time. The Crwford era was a disappointment and a fresh start was needed.. Gary Naysmith was desperate for the East Fife job, but we went for Greg. Last season we were spinning to the bottom of the league until Scot Agnew joined in January, and then a few decent results ended with us finishing a distant fourth. Agnew moved on and results and performances have not been good enough. The only saving grace this season is that Clyde have been so poor.

Hopefully common sense prevails and the Campbell brothers are  appointed and backed to turn the club around.

What a strange thing football management is.

Greig  MacDonald was clearly a decent,intelligent guy who would have worked his socks off for the club.Yet it didn't work out and the outcome was inevitable.

The players should be taking a long hard look at themselves.

Always seen Greig as one of football's good guys, and glad to see he has walked away rather than face the bullet, especially from a club that he holds dear. However, and I posted this on here a couple of times last season, he never really seemed to learn from the mistakes that he made from his time at us. Despite a stint on the staff Annan between leaving Stirling and joining East Fife where some people thought he would have "learned the tools of the trade" before stepping back into the hot seat, but he obviously didn't. 

If you can entice the Campbell's, along with Young and Douglas to Methil, then that really would be something for you to get excited about.

I did like McDonald and after what we achieved at the end of last season was looking forward to this season, it didn’t start well, but after the Dunbar game that is when he should have resigned.

Football has been shite to watch and I for one have stopped going to games.

New manager, don’t see Campbell wanting it, too early for Smith. I would suggest Gary Jardine at Civil Service, experienced manager, ex player and he did bring Edinburgh City up from the Lowland league.

9 hours ago, Darkness78 said:

It was a strange appointment at the time. The Crwford era was a disappointment and a fresh start was needed.. Gary Naysmith was desperate for the East Fife job, but we went for Greg. Last season we were spinning to the bottom of the league until Scot Agnew joined in January, and then a few decent results ended with us finishing a distant fourth. Agnew moved on and results and performances have not been good enough. The only saving grace this season is that Clyde have been so poor.

Hopefully common sense prevails and the Campbell brothers are  appointed and backed to turn the club around.

How do you back them with no money?

1 hour ago, DDLL said:

I did like McDonald and after what we achieved at the end of last season was looking forward to this season, it didn’t start well, but after the Dunbar game that is when he should have resigned.

Football has been shite to watch and I for one have stopped going to games.

New manager, don’t see Campbell wanting it, too early for Smith. I would suggest Gary Jardine at Civil Service, experienced manager, ex player and he did bring Edinburgh City up from the Lowland league.

Be sort of appointment I'd be looking at too.