The East Fife Thread

Just had a listen to Gary Naysmith's interview after the game. Picked up a few things;

Gary seems to be including himself as a player again. Excellent!

Smith and Beaton will hopefully be signing up with us this coming week.

Rutkiewicz still has an injury from last season so another centre back is definitely needed.

If Beaton and Smith sign up then I don't think we're too far away from a full squad. I'd be looking for one more centre back as Campbell and Rutkiewicz have missed a lot of games. Also possibly another right back although I'm sure one of the youngsters could be second choice. I'd also like a creative centre midfielder, and finances permitting another striker. Although the striker may just be me getting greedy.

Highlights from the Fulham game!!!

Clicky

Two things from that; the pitch looks fucking amazing, yet again Kudos to the groundstaff yet again, for producing a playing surface with few peers!!!

And also loving the goal line technology camera on the highlights package, with any luck we may be able to get one at the other end before the season starts!!!

Jamie Beaton signed tonight! good stuff.

---Alan Fleming

Fraser Mullen - Steven Campbell - Ewan Moyes - Gary Naysmith

Caolan McAleer - Alan Walker - Jamie Beaton - Alan Cook

-Jon McShane - Kevin Smith

No Fecking bad 8)

Scott Smith signed as well!

---Alan Fleming

No Fecking bad 8)

I would make you guys favourites for the title with that starting 11, Naysmith might have been the manager when you guys got relegated last season but I think he has the makings of a good manager, was always very honest in his interviews.

It's ashame you couldn't get a camera gantry on the other side of the pitch. It's pretty embarrassing for Scottish football when you see highlights of a league club on Sky Sports News and it basically looks like a pitch with a wall round in the middle of a wasteland.

Jamie Beaton signing for the Fife!!!

BsIaZx8CcAA0n7-.jpg

Also;

We are pleased to announce that Scott Smith, defender, has agreed terms with the Club.

---Alan Fleming

No Fecking bad 8)

No fecking bad at all, but for me Ross Brown would be in my starting 11 any day of the week!!!

Also has anybody actually seen Jon McShane play yet, out of the 18 (eighteen) subs listed on Saturday against Fulham he was the only one not used, wasn't at the game last night so don't know if he played or not!!!

No fecking bad at all, but for me Ross Brown would be in my starting 11 any day of the week!!!

Also has anybody actually seen Jon McShane play yet, out of the 18 (eighteen) subs listed on Saturday against Fulham he was the only one not used, wasn't at the game last night so don't know if he played or not!!!

Came on last night for about 25 minutes and played well enough, held the ball up well and brought others into the game. Looks a little bit on the heavy side though and maybe that's why he hasn't started.

So we're looking like (young players aside):

Fleming

Rooney

Mullen

Naysmith

Smith

Rutkiewicz

Campbell

Moyes

Beaton

McAleer

Cook

Barr

Brown

Walker

McShane

Smith

Austin

Decent looking squad. Centre back, centre mid and striker needed if I'm being greedy. Caught in two minds if I'd rather fill the squad with young players or send them out on loan. But very happy with what we've got.

Gents, Alex Dutot has trialled with us. Looked assured on the ball but hard to form a real impression on the evidence of a 90m game against Spartans. What was he like when he was with you?

Would have Alexis back in a second the guy is absolute class, didn't realise he was back in the country and surprised he hasn't shown up on Naysmith's radar, but to be fair I think he had gone before Naysmith arrived!!!

If you get him and he's fit then you've got potentially one of the best players on the Division!!!

#whitecafu

Im sure Dutot was around when Naysmith took over. Obviously never fancied him. He strolled through the games i saw him in. Got injured quite a lot tho i seem to remember.

Anyway, Scott Smith signing as well. Should be another quality asset at this level. Pretty sure he was first team in Dumbarton last year? Not sure. So glad Naysmith has decided to play. Still a cut above at this level.