The East Fife Thread

Just to say, 'cos I don't think it's been mentioned here yet, that Ross Campbell has signed for the Season and that Conner Shaw has left and joined East Stirling!!!

Campbell is a good signing. I still think we are short of cover at centre half is S.Campbell or Moyes pick up injuries or suspensions.

We should go pretty well this season. Far more confident than last season anyway that's for sure.

Drew 0-0 tonight with what seemed like almost the full Hibs first team. Thought Fraser Mullen and Stevie Campbell looked good, and Beaton looked pretty useful when he came on as well. It has to be said, although tonight was only a pre-season friendly, Hibs look pretty poor. Roll on the real start of the season (Challenge cup doesn't count)!!

Have to agree that Hibs looked very poor.

East Fife were well organised and against lesser teams will create more too. Seems a strong defence with Moyes and Campbell complimenting each other well and 2 very capable full backs in Mullen and Smith. Kevin Smith is a very skillful player and with better final ball will be a standout in Div 2 the midfield options look good with Walker, Cook, Brown, Barr Beaton and McAleer, who was injured, but believe was excellent against Forfar. Hope I am wrong but although strong forwards for the division in McShane/Austin and Campbell they may be lacking in goal scoring department.

Interesting to see Naysmith play himself at Centre Back when he came on, I would assume as they have no other real cover there, other than Smith moving in and GN moving to LB.

All in all an interesting match but East Fife did much better than against Hearts. I predict they will be challenging to win the league but certainly would expect play off spot. Div. 2 looks like being a very good league this year.

Yesterdays game verified my thread above. Very sound at the back. They had some decent midfield play but final ball and poor decision making meant a hard day for McShane. Think they suffered from Cook and McAleer not being on song. Naysmith is doing the right thing, making Fife hard to beat first and foremost. They can work on the forward play as they have good players.

Hello, to unintentionally coincide with the excellent THHP blog I have been writing my own brief season previews for each SPFL team. I have just started my blog so I am still new to this (meaning THHP and others put me to shame!) but it would be great if a few people gave them a read. I have been doing the League 2 ones in batches of two and have just finished the Clyde and East Fife ones.

Here it is

Thanks in advance!

Please do point out any errors or give any feedback. Cheers.

A fair enough assessment, but I am seeing that others are predicting us to be finishing either in first or second place, although I do think we are good enough to be there or therabouts, nobody seems to be mentioning where our goals are going to come from in any write-ups that I have seen. Kevin Smith is probably more than capable of scoring 15-20 this season, but from what I've seen, I don't think he is going to be playing as an out and out striker this season, he appears to be playing in a position looking at providing more for whoever is up front be it McShane or Campbell!!!

Think perhaps your point of needing to get of to a good start isn't necessarily true, with trips to Stranraer, Elgin and Brora ALL within the space of 10 days, we're probably only looking at damage limitation and then kicking off, a week after everybody, else with our game against Berwick!!!

Craig Gunn and Kenny Mackay apart I don't think there is anyone else in this league who will get 15-20 goals.

We have a number of players who can chip in with goals, McAleer and Cook should get 10+ between them. McShane, Smith, Austin and Campbell should get well over 20.

Our main difference this season is our defence is a whole lot tighter and it's a good foundation to build on.

Craig Gunn and Kenny Mackay apart I don't think there is anyone else in this league who will get 15-20 goals.

We have a number of players who can chip in with goals, McAleer and Cook should get 10+ between them. McShane, Smith, Austin and Campbell should get well over 20.

Our main difference this season is our defence is a whole lot tighter and it's a good foundation to build on.

Is that 20 each???

You are correct, we're not going to lose many, just as long as we score more at the other end, also think you are doing Smith a diservice, if played as an out and out striker, he could easily reach 20 this season!!!

Who was the last to do that for us... McManus???

Is that 20 each???

You are correct, we're not going to lose many, just as long as we score more at the other end, also think you are doing Smith a diservice, if played as an out and out striker, he could easily reach 20 this season!!!

Who was the last to do that for us... McManus???

Yup, 20 each. If they do not reach that their punishment is a 'night out' in Leven. Brannigans and all.

Did McManus score more than 20 in a season? I'm pretty sure King Kenny of Deucharland would have. Over to Angusfifer.

I've got a feeling McManus scored 20+ when we last won the League, but there is a chance that maybe I dreamt that!!!

Dylan Honeyman has been farmed out to Newburgh F.C. and Daryl Falconer has been farmed out to Dundonald Bluebell F.C.!!!

Just saying like!!!